Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-864 form and EAD form questions

I-864 form and EAD form questions

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light
Default I-864 form and EAD form questions

Hi again,

couple more questions here....

On the I-864 affadavit of support form (I'm sending with I-485), it asks questions about your income, tax, etc. Are we supposed to be filling it in for the most recent tax year (2004)? My wife's income for that take year was about $20k less than it is now! Isn't it more important to know what she is earning right now? Secondly - it has a space on the form to fill in the "minimum income requirement from the poverty guideline chart". Are we being judged against this years poverty guidelines or last years poverty guidelines??? I can find the 2005 numbers, but not 2004.

Lastly, on the EAD form, if I received a temp EAD stamp at JFK, should I be applying for permission to accept employment, or a renew of my current authorisation? If the latter, should I be attaching some kind of copy of the stamp with the form?

Thanks for any help again.

Matt
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 3:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 form and EAD form questions

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
On the I-864 affadavit of support form (I'm sending with I-485), it asks questions about your income, tax, etc. Are we supposed to be filling it in for the most recent tax year (2004)?
Fill in your wife's current salary amount, but the tax year you fill in will be 2004. One isn't related to the other.

My wife's income for that take year was about $20k less than it is now! Isn't it more important to know what she is earning right now?
Yes, you'll fill in the amount she makes right now.

Secondly - it has a space on the form to fill in the "minimum income requirement from the poverty guideline chart". Are we being judged against this years poverty guidelines or last years poverty guidelines??? I can find the 2005 numbers, but not 2004.
You will use the amount from the 2005 poverty guideline.

Lastly, on the EAD form, if I received a temp EAD stamp at JFK, should I be applying for permission to accept employment, or a renew of my current authorisation?
This is actually your first EAD you're applying for, not a renewal. You'll check "permission to accept employment".

Best Wishes,
Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 22nd 2005 at 3:28 pm.