Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-797 Notice of Action help (K-1 fiancee)

I-797 Notice of Action help (K-1 fiancee)

Old May 13th 2011, 2:26 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-797 Notice of Action help (K-1 fiancee)

The consulate is given the authority to extend the validity of the petition and they almost always do.

A few years back, several consulates in SE Asia were treating what they considered suspicious or bogus K-1 denials as grounds to send the approved I-129F back for possible revocation. This is what is done with I-130's. CIS took the position that the I-129F had expired and there was nothing to revoke. State disagreed vehemently with the CIS interpretation. The bottom line was that State would not proceed any further until CIS exercised the authority which CIS stated they did not have.

I have not looked at this for sometime.
Old May 14th 2011, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

The Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for replying .

I posted the police forms out today so they should get them on Monday as I paid for express. I've decided to have a break until then as I'm all form-ed out, hehe. Would it be okay to ask more questions in this thread if and when (it'll be "when") the time comes? Thanks .
Old May 14th 2011, 2:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It would be easier if you asked new questions on a new thread.
Old May 14th 2011, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

The Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, fair enough. I didn't know if you'd appreciate me cluttering the board up rather than sticking to one thread, but okay .
Old May 14th 2011, 3:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, fair enough. I didn't know if you'd appreciate me cluttering the board up rather than sticking to one thread, but okay .
If you have a new question, it's best to start a new thread, and create a title relevent to your new topic. That way, others doing a search on here can find your topic and your thread can help others.

Rene
Old May 14th 2011, 3:45 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

And usually someone else has the same question.