Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-797 - I-130 Petition Approved ..... Now What?!

I-797 - I-130 Petition Approved ..... Now What?!

Old Dec 3rd 2013, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

jeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to behold
Default I-797 - I-130 Petition Approved ..... Now What?!

Hello there!

Finally, we have received our notice of Approval!

March 1 2013 was the initial receipt date. Today, December 2nd 2013 we received the I-1797 Notice of Action to inform us of our approval.

I am looking for direction as to what is the next step?

I have looked at the timelines of peoples journeys, but it would be great if somebody could help me right here - perhaps some people have tips...

Currently, I am in NYC with my wife - I arrived here October 6th 2013 on a Visa Waiver, and I am due to head back to England on December 23rd 2013. From there, I plan on coming back out to NYC on a VW again towards the end of January.

When would I be required to be in England throughout this process? Medical/Interview etc.. any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 11:07 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-797 - I-130 Petition Approved ..... Now What?!

Originally Posted by jeheardy8
Hello there!
When would I be required to be in England throughout this process? Medical/Interview etc.. any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
!
This totally depends on how quickly NVC receives your file, how fast you complete the DS-260, and how fast your wife supplies the I-864.

At this point you can go as slow as you want or as fast as you want. Assuming that you do everything as soon as you can, I would say you need to be back in the UK in approximately 3 months, but YMMV.