Reload this Page >

I-765 timeline confusion

I-765 timeline confusion

Old Jun 17th 2006, 5:11 pm
flipperz_39

flipperz_39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-765 timeline confusion

Hello All:

I am a little confused about the timeline for EAD (i.e. I-765).
It has been said many times on this forum that the average time to get the EAD is 90 days. Simultaneously, it has also been said by others on this forum that it can take upto 90 days "after" the biometrics to get the EAD which indicates to me that the time it takes to get an EAD is actually more than 90 days. Which one of the above is true?

Thanks
flip

PS - I applied for my EAD in early May. I received the NOA letter in mail on May 16. The letter indicated that the notice date is May 16. I have not received the letter for a biometrics appointment yet
Old Jun 17th 2006, 6:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-765 timeline confusion

Originally Posted by flipperz_39
Hello All:

I am a little confused about the timeline for EAD (i.e. I-765).
It has been said many times on this forum that the average time to get the EAD is 90 days. Simultaneously, it has also been said by others on this forum that it can take upto 90 days "after" the biometrics to get the EAD which indicates to me that the time it takes to get an EAD is actually more than 90 days. Which one of the above is true?

Thanks
flip

PS - I applied for my EAD in early May. I received the NOA letter in mail on May 16. The letter indicated that the notice date is May 16. I have not received the letter for a biometrics appointment yet
Hi flipperz,

How long it takes to get the EAD is different from case to case. Could be less than 90 days, could be more. If you have not yet received your EAD after 90 days from the NOA date, then you are allowed to make an Infopass to go make an inquiry in person.

You used to be able to schedule your own biometrics appointments, and then if you didn't get the EAD in 90 days, you could go in person and get an interim one.

Now that they are doing biometrics differently (i.e., THEY schedule the appointment for you), it seem no one gets an interim EAD anymore. What happens now, when you go in after 90 days to make an inquiry, is that 1) if you have not yet had your biometrics done, they do it then and there, or send you right over to an ASC to have it done...then they tell you the EAD will come in the mail shortly; or 2) if you did have your biometrics done already, they tell you there's nothing they can do, that your EAD should be showing up in the mail soon. I haven't heard of anyone getting an interim EAD in a long time.

I have heard that the clock stops from the NOA date until after biometrics are done....but that you still can go after 90 days from the NOA date to make the inquiry in person.

Best Wishes,
Rene