Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-765 rejection notice / e-filing

I-765 rejection notice / e-filing

Old May 10th 2004, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Pauljarv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-765 rejection notice / e-filing

Ok. I arrived here on a K1 visa on 28th Feb, got married on 20th March and sent in my AOS forms on 31st March.

I got the I-765 form back with a rejection notice as I had missed the box at the top where you tick saying "I am applying for". I realise I was stupid but I think this pales into nothing compared to whoever got the forms when I re-submitted them.

I have just got an exact same rejection notice back. Whover got my forms stamped the new form and has then crossed that out and taken the copy of my old form as the current application. This is despite it being at the back behind a copy of the rejection notice and dated a month or so after the new form he/she must have just seen as it has a date stamp on! The new form has everything filled in correctly.

B cynical part of me says they want me now to re-submit again and pay more!

Anyway that is the rant over, I am wondering now whether there is a way for me to complain that my most recent rejection notice is incorrect? I'm wondering whether I'm better off e-filing now that I have already filed? I am desperate to work and need to earn money.
Old May 10th 2004, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-765 rejection notice / e-filing

That's ridiculous - you've refilled the form the way they want you to, so what more do they need? I honestly don't know what to suggest other than to go to the local office and see if they understand it (the forms were forwarded to NBC, right?)

No need to feel stupid alone - we did the same thing on my husband's I-765. I know how you feel because I'm kicking myself right now wondering if we'll get a rejection notice. Out of curiousity, did NBC want you to send it back to them? Or did you have to submit it through your local office again?

Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Originally posted by Pauljarv
Ok. I arrived here on a K1 visa on 28th Feb, got married on 20th March and sent in my AOS forms on 31st March.

I got the I-765 form back with a rejection notice as I had missed the box at the top where you tick saying "I am applying for". I realise I was stupid but I think this pales into nothing compared to whoever got the forms when I re-submitted them.

I have just got an exact same rejection notice back. Whover got my forms stamped the new form and has then crossed that out and taken the copy of my old form as the current application. This is despite it being at the back behind a copy of the rejection notice and dated a month or so after the new form he/she must have just seen as it has a date stamp on! The new form has everything filled in correctly.

B cynical part of me says they want me now to re-submit again and pay more!

Anyway that is the rant over, I am wondering now whether there is a way for me to complain that my most recent rejection notice is incorrect? I'm wondering whether I'm better off e-filing now that I have already filed? I am desperate to work and need to earn money.
Old May 11th 2004, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Pauljarv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-765 rejection notice / e-filing

We handed the first AOs load of forms into Boston where they were sent to Chicago (some of them at least). When we got the rejection the Chicago address was on it so we sent them form back there.

The problem was that the previous form had to be attached as there was a question saying had you filed already. I'm going to send the fomrs back exactly the same (maybe I'll print off another copy of the correct form but write on the old forms somewhere so it is blatently obvious that it's been superceded. Although I thought the last time it was blatently obvious - obviously not to the chimpanzee with the date stamp that got my forms!

I'm going to attach a letter to this set of form too, explaining what has happened. Also saying that now I have to pay an additional $50 and how about a refund as it was your error - HA!