Wikiposts

I-765 question

Old Sep 10th 2003, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

possumrex will become famous soon enough
Default I-765 question

My wife is here on a K3 visa. I want to file the EAD alone and do the AOS later. Is this allowable?
Old Sep 11th 2003, 12:44 am
Andy Platt

Default Re: I-765 question

Yup, for K-3s that's fine.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

"possumrex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My wife is here on a K3 visa. I want to file the EAD alone and do the
    > AOS later. Is this allowable?
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 11th 2003, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

possumrex will become famous soon enough

Thank you Andy, that is what I thought, but I am still worried about it.

Would someone else care to agree?
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

venkimani is an unknown quantity at this point

yep ....that should be fine .....i am here on k3 and doing the same
AOS takes a long time i guess ...thats my opinion .....
have applied for ead at msc ....they have just cashed my check yesterday .........
yet to receive 1 st noa
stay in touch
bye for now
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Breebree is an unknown quantity at this point

My spouse is here on K-3 also. We got the NOA on Saturday and he had his biometrics interview(fingerprints) on Tuesday. No probs so far...just the wait.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Breebree
My spouse is here on K-3 also. We got the NOA on Saturday and he had his biometrics interview(fingerprints) on Tuesday. No probs so far...just the wait.
hi Breebree

any news from msc reg EAD ....still waiting
stay in touch as my date is the same as u r 's sep 9 th tey have received my application and i did the bometric test as well on 11 sep
take care
bye
venkat
Old Oct 31st 2003, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by venkimani
hi Breebree

any news from msc reg EAD ....still waiting
stay in touch as my date is the same as u r 's sep 9 th tey have received my application and i did the bometric test as well on 11 sep
take care
bye
venkat
Nope still waiting. I thought everything would have been done by now. I called and they said it could be December before he has his card! What the???? My spouse is getting anxious to get back to work, and I am anxious to have him working. I know the wait is the hardest part, at least he is here with me. Hope everything is moving along with you, have you heard anything?
Old Oct 31st 2003, 7:05 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by possumrex
My wife is here on a K3 visa. I want to file the EAD alone and do the AOS later. Is this allowable?

Hello

Yes, that's what Iam doing/have done. Have a look at my timeline. I phoned the NCSC again today as I've been waiting for 60 days and they tell me it's still pending but If nothing is heard by day 90 to get back to them.

Just got to wait I suppose!!

Maggie
Old Oct 31st 2003, 7:33 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by possumrex

That's what we're doing. EAD is most important, AOS can wait a bit.

Side note: BreeBree!!! How did I miss that the baby was here?!!! Pics??? I am as my husband says, "feeling mumsy", so please share if you have any pics on file. CONGRATS!~
Old Oct 31st 2003, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Susie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cindyabs
I got my K3 in February, received my EAD in April, and still haven't applied for AOS yet... Memphis won't let me until our I-130 is approved... check with your local BCIS sub office. Some let you file AOS before I-130 approval, some don't.

Best of luck,

Susie
Old Oct 31st 2003, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by cindyabs

Side note: BreeBree!!! How did I miss that the baby was here?!!! Pics??? I am as my husband says, "feeling mumsy", so please share if you have any pics on file. CONGRATS!~
Cindy,
Tell me how and I will be happy to send you a pic of the little guy. I am one proud momma!
Old Oct 31st 2003, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Breebree
Cindy,
Tell me how and I will be happy to send you a pic of the little guy. I am one proud momma!
hi breebree
thats nice abt the lil boy .........atleast your hubby has time now to play with the lil boy .....congradulation .......unlike me doing nothing ....all i do is laundry and the lawn ........ofccourse i am preparing for some exams that can be given soon ..........nothing has hhappen at my end for the EAD and has to wait............wait..................and wait.......
hey ........do you have any idea abt the medical for AOS .......k3 do not need to do the medical again for AOS i guess but some say that we need to do the suplement form of the medical .....I am processing through Vermont Secvice center and my I-130 got approved ...............i am in a bit confusion now to send the AOS papers with fee wavier for EAD or should i wait for the EAD to come and then apply for AOS
keep posting
take care
bye for now
venki