I-765 EAD Renewal

Old Feb 12th 2013, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

dlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-765 EAD Renewal

Originally Posted by N1cky
Get her to call USCIS and ask them to expedite the case. They will tell you they can only do this if you meet 1 of a number of requirements, 1 of which is financial hardship. Explain that she will lose her job if she doesn't have her EAD, and that will mean you can't afford to pay your rent...

I did this when my first renewal was held up and close to expiring, and it was me who had messed up by not sending the supporting documents in again. Anyhow, the person on the phone was very bureaucratic, obviously reading from a script that he could not deviate from. He told me he had marked my case that I had asked for it expediting. I logged on to the USCIS website 10 minutes later to see if I could see if anything had been marked on my case, and it was showing 'card production' I had my card the following day.

Just as a fore-warning. When you file your visa renewal, make sure your attorneys file for your wife's EAD at the same time. We have done this twice now, and both times the EAD has been approved within 12 hours of the visa.
Well, we tried that, and the bureaucrat at the USCIS told us there was nothing we could do until 75 days had elapsed. That is Monday, so guess what we're doing next week !!! I suspect that he has a brother that used to work for British Rail.

I thought this was a right my wife has to her EAD as an L2 Visa holder ? As the USCIS is part of government and therefore civil service (employed by us as taxpayers), surely it is us that calls the shots, not them ?
Old Feb 12th 2013, 11:08 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dlake02
I thought this was a right my wife has to her EAD as an L2 Visa holder ?
I respectfully submit that you misunderstand the meaning of the word "right". She is allowed to apply for an EAD - no question about it... but, while the vast majority are approved, there is never a guarantee of approval.

Have you considered making an InfoPass appointment?

Ian
Old Feb 12th 2013, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

dlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I respectfully submit that you misunderstand the meaning of the word "right". She is allowed to apply for an EAD - no question about it... but, while the vast majority are approved, there is never a guarantee of approval.

Have you considered making an InfoPass appointment?

Ian
We're told that's our next step. So, Monday first, then an InfoPass appointment.

What the F takes 90 days to print a card ? Talk about inefficient....

{The one thing we are learning is that there is a level of pointless bureaucracy, petty rules and general acceptance of authority that does not exist in the UK}
Old Feb 12th 2013, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

... the person on the phone was very bureaucratic, obviously reading from a script that he could not deviate from. He told me he had marked my case that I had asked for it expediting. I logged on to the USCIS website 10 minutes later to see if I could see if anything had been marked on my case, and it was showing 'card production' I had my card the following day.
... but you aren't suggesting that there was actually any causal relationship between your call and your getting the card are you?

In fact, if you really got it "the next day" isn't it a pretty safe bet that it had actually been produced and mailed before you called.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 11:57 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
... but you aren't suggesting that there was actually any causal relationship between your call and your getting the card are you?

In fact, if you really got it "the next day" isn't it a pretty safe bet that it had actually been produced and mailed before you called.
Yes I am. The system clearly said "under review" when I made the call. Straight after the call it said "card produced"

After 95 days of waiting, it would be an incredible coincidence that I made a call, and they produced my card at the exact same time, within that 10 minute window.

Oh, I also got a letter saying my expedite was successful, but I already had my card then.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes I am. The system clearly said "under review" when I made the call. Straight after the call it said "card produced"

After 95 days of waiting, it would be an incredible coincidence that I made a call, and they produced my card at the exact same time, within that 10 minute window.

Oh, I also got a letter saying my expedite was successful, but I already had my card then.
So what is really pi**ing us off is that you can't get ANY information.

The website was last updated on the 31st December.

In red there is a message saying something like "expect a 30-45 day delay in updating the status on the website"

We posted the application registered/signed-for and it arrived on the 7th December but it is showing as received on the 13th.

My wife went for fingerprints on the 31st December but nothing has been updated following her appointment.

This is not just inefficient - it is third-world inefficient. It's a national embarrassment.

Why is every public service so broken in this country ? Does no one shout at them and tell them to pull their fingers out ? I thought this was the land of great customer service - two years on, and other than McDonalds, I'm struggling to find it....
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

You must not have been to my local McDonalds.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:31 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

So what is really pi**ing us off is that you can't get ANY information.

The website was last updated on the 31st December.

In red there is a message saying something like "expect a 30-45 day delay in updating the status on the website"

We posted the application registered/signed-for and it arrived on the 7th December but it is showing as received on the 13th.

My wife went for fingerprints on the 31st December but nothing has been updated following her appointment.

This is not just inefficient - it is third-world inefficient. It's a national embarrassment.

Why is every public service so broken in this country ? Does no one shout at them and tell them to pull their fingers out ? I thought this was the land of great customer service - two years on, and other than McDonalds, I'm struggling to find it....
Try remember when you do speak to them on Monday, that the poor person who answers the phone has no room to make a decision, or give you an answer. The system may be crap, but it's you who wants them to help you. A little courtesy goes a long way in my opinion.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Try remember when you do speak to them on Monday, that the poor person who answers the phone has no room to make a decision, or give you an answer. The system may be crap, but it's you who wants them to help you. A little courtesy goes a long way in my opinion.
So that beggars the question.....

If the bloke in the call centre can't help, why would I phone them ?

I will, and I will be courteous but direct. It seems to be the only way of getting things done here -polite confrontation. But there must be an office we can call to escalate this ? Maybe I'll just make an appointment to go and see them ?
Old Feb 12th 2013, 4:00 pm

So that beggars the question.....

If the bloke in the call centre can't help, why would I phone them ?

I will, and I will be courteous but direct. It seems to be the only way of getting things done here -polite confrontation. But there must be an office we can call to escalate this ? Maybe I'll just make an appointment to go and see them ?
I didn't say they can't help, but they can't deviate from their script. They ask you all these pointless questions, that the know are irrelevant but have to ask anyway. If you get arsey with them they will be less likely to try and do anything for you.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

I didn't say they can't help, but they can't deviate from their script. They ask you all these pointless questions, that the know are irrelevant but have to ask anyway. If you get arsey with them they will be less likely to try and do anything for you.
Oh no, I understand. The poor gits in the office are not the problem.

The system is just broken and no-one has the b*lls to complain.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 12:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

But there must be an office we can call to escalate this ? Maybe I'll just make an appointment to go and see them ?
There is no one else to call. If you want to pursue it beyond calling the misinformation line, you can make an InfoPass appointment to talk to someone in person at your local USCIS office.

Rene
Old Feb 13th 2013, 2:45 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

That wasn't a bureaucrat. It was a contract person trained to answer telephones and read prepared scripts. [QUOTE=dlake02;10541168]... the bureaucrat at the USCIS ...

USCIS may be a part of government, but it is paid for by the aliens who use its services. If you are a US citizen or Permanent Resident paying on behalf of some alien, you are doing it by your own choice not as a US taxpayer.
... the USCIS is part of government and therefore civil service (employed by us as taxpayers), surely it is us that calls the shots, not them ?
Regards, JEff
Old Feb 13th 2013, 2:47 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't take 90 days to print a card. It takes 90 days to get through the long line of people who applied for a card ahead of you.

Regards, JEff

What the F takes 90 days to print a card ?
Old Feb 13th 2013, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Hawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
It doesn't take 90 days to print a card. It takes 90 days to get through the long line of people who applied for a card ahead of you.

Regards, JEff
And it is this very fact that makes waiting for ANYTHING at USCIS an agonizing wait - it doesn't take 4 months to approve an Immigrant Petition, it takes that long to get to the front of the queue. Case in point - some I-140s can get Premium Processing, they get decision in days not months, but the days are because of all the other premium processing cases that are ahead of them.

Doesn't stop me checking the case status every day even for a whiff of someone moving our case along... even though I know it will take at least 2 more months of getting to the front of the queue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.