I-765

Old Dec 10th 2004, 1:02 am
The fattest member

fatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to all
Default I-765

This is a stupid question probably, I'm applying for my 1 year EAD and I'm not sure whether to write "permission to accept employment" or "Renewal of my permission to accept employment". I got a 90 day temp EAD from JFK when I got into the country and I don't know whether that counts.
I've spent a while searching for an answer, does anybody know?
Thanks
Old Dec 11th 2004, 8:39 am
Ritze

Default Re: I-765

"fatman" <member26141@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > This is a stupid question probably, I'm applying for my 1 year EAD and
    > I'm not sure whether to write "permission to accept employment" or
    > "Renewal of my permission to accept employment". I got a 90 day temp
    > EAD from JFK when I got into the country and I don't know whether that
    > counts.
    > I've spent a while searching for an answer, does anybody know?
    > Thanks
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Won't "renewal of EAD" be simple enough?

Old Dec 11th 2004, 7:26 pm
The fattest member

fatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to all
Talking Re: I-765

Originally Posted by Ritze
"fatman" <member26141@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > This is a stupid question probably, I'm applying for my 1 year EAD and
    > I'm not sure whether to write "permission to accept employment" or
    > "Renewal of my permission to accept employment". I got a 90 day temp
    > EAD from JFK when I got into the country and I don't know whether that
    > counts.
    > I've spent a while searching for an answer, does anybody know?
    > Thanks
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Won't "renewal of EAD" be simple enough?

You know how it is with form filling, the simplest questions are the hardest, they want you to supply the documentation with the renewal of the EAD and the only documentation you get with a temp EAD from the Point of Entry is a stamp on the back of your I-95, which you have to supply anyway. I guess I just don't want to do anything wrong.
On the bright side, all this form filling is good for job creation and the economy!
Old Dec 11th 2004, 8:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-765

Originally Posted by fatman
You know how it is with form filling, the simplest questions are the hardest, they want you to supply the documentation with the renewal of the EAD and the only documentation you get with a temp EAD from the Point of Entry is a stamp on the back of your I-95, which you have to supply anyway. I guess I just don't want to do anything wrong.
On the bright side, all this form filling is good for job creation and the economy!

The 90 day EAD that the K-1 visaholder gets is not renewable. You are applying for the first time. Been a few years but believe the code is (c)(9). Double check that.

Rete
Old Dec 11th 2004, 11:34 pm
The fattest member

Thumbs up Re: I-765

Originally Posted by Rete
The 90 day EAD that the K-1 visaholder gets is not renewable. You are applying for the first time. Been a few years but believe the code is (c)(9). Double check that.

Rete

Thanks so much Rete