Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

i-751 and tsc help needed!

i-751 and tsc help needed!

Old Mar 7th 2002, 5:35 pm
Scott

Default i-751 and tsc help needed!

Aplogise if this is double posted, My news server did not show the post.

Hi guys,

Firstly i would just like to thank you all so much for your help in here in the past.
We have one last hurdle here.

We filed our i-71 (joint) in jan, to cut a long story short we never recieved a NOA
for it, card expires in a month. We contacted our congressman that called me today
with an update. He contacted the TSC this morning and told me that My case was
recieved on jan24th 2002, they are currently working on cases that were recieved on
Jan17th2002. He said she told him our case will likely be processed in the next two
to three weeks.

Now the only reason we contacted the congressman was we have not recieved an NOA and
was worried we would not be able to get a stamp without it. He told us that all this
stuff is contracted out, and they are not able to generate another NOA for it,
however this this case should be worked in two to three weeks. He suggested I go to
my local ins office (charlotte NC) and obtain a stamp. I asked would I be able to do
this, he said since I have a copy of the cancelled check with the reciept number on
the top of that check, I shouldn't have any problems, since they can clearly see I
have filed. what you guys think???? My employer knows my card expires in a month and
knows I have files to have conditions removed, but they will need that stamp as
proof. Do you think i will get the stamp with just the cancelled check? it's a 4hr
drive to charlotte, a long way to go if i don't get it. And if they don't give it
then what do i do? He also told me that once they process it in hopefullly two to
three weeks, it will likely go to the charlotte office for interview which could take
well over a yr, since they are only currently working on interview from 2000 still.
He told me they are asking more and more now for the interview, we sent in tons of
evidence including two childrens birth certificates born of our marriage so do you
think they will ask for the interview or approve it without? This waiting game is
horrid isn't it. Any advise appreciated.