Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 tricky situation....help needed

Wikiposts

I-751 tricky situation....help needed

Old Jul 10th 2007, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: I-751 tricky situation....help needed

Originally Posted by wildestkabs
Hi, I didn't realize that your I-751 hadn't been filed yet.

Now follow me here - Whenever you move, you will file the AR-11. That would not update the address for your I-751. But when you do file the I-751, you will file it with the new address. Now in that case, *most probably* you will get the NOA and the biometrics letter, maybe even the interview letter and the subsequent green card at your new address. I know it happened in my case. The last address that CIS had on file for me was the one that they had at the time of entry. When I filed the I-751, it was with the new address and then everything that I subsequently got was at the new address.

Problem is, just because it happened with me, does not mean it is the norm. You never know when CIS might screw up. Once you file the I-751 with your new address, then go online and make sure you have updated the address for the petition, and then a few days down the line receive a letter from CIS confirming that they have the new address, keep both the print out and the letter as proof of having updated the address for the pending petition, you know that you are protected and even if the correspondence still erroneously gets sent to the old one (unlikely), following which you get the removal letter, you still have nothing to worry about.

Isn't that a nice feeling?

Bottomline - It really is your decision. I felt safe after doing it. You decide what you think is best for you.

AWESOME advice and much appreciated - thanks Wildest Kabs....

Not only have I moved addresss, but I also moved state, so I'm really REALLY hoping there will be no screw ups!

Still waiting to hear from you if you get approved - I'm keepign my fingers crossed xox
Old Jul 10th 2007, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all
Default Re: I-751 tricky situation....help needed

Originally Posted by lulu204
thanks Wildest Kabs....
No problem. Glad I could help. I will keep you posted.

By the way, just an advice. You haven't even filed and you are sweating already

Save the sweat for when you file and the wait actually begins.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of
Talking Re: I-751 tricky situation....help needed

No problem. Glad I could help. I will keep you posted.

By the way, just an advice. You haven't even filed and you are sweating already

Save the sweat for when you file and the wait actually begins.
hahahah- you are right! I guess I'm just a born worrier....I was like this every day of the whole AOS process and when it came down to it, I had abolsutely nothing to worry about..you jsut hear so many horror stories i guess that it constantly amazes me when things actually go RIGHT! Anyway - I'll be sure to take your advice!
Louise....
Old Jul 10th 2007, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lulu204
I guess I'm just a born worrier
I think you should try for the anal club. Honorable members of that club set very high standards but you come across as a very competitive and desirable candidate. You might just make it!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

I think you should try for the anal club. Honorable members of that club set very high standards but you come across as a very competitive and desirable candidate. You might just make it!
HAHAH - oh yes - competitive BUT a good sport!! Where do I apply!!