Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Transferred....What Does It Mean?

I-751 Transferred....What Does It Mean?

Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:27 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-751 Transferred....What Does It Mean?

I came into work this morning to find an email waiting for me from USCIS to state that my CRI89 Petition (I-751) has been transferred to the Vermont office (originally filed with the Texas office).

-------------

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing

On January 31, 2008, we transferred this case CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED to our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.

-------------

Has this happened to anybody else and is it normal?

We've been waiting since June 07 for the thing to be processed and now it gets moved some place else. I have a feeling this is going to take forever.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Transferred....What Does It Mean?

Quite common. Usually it is sent to the CSC but VSC is apparently helping to eliminate some of the backup.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hoohay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

This happened to me with my I485, my application got transferred to California bc of the office where I filed was swamped (that's what they told me when I went to the NY office to ask), and it was very good news because things started to move along as opposed to being stuck in NY.
We had the I485 interview in NY (where we live), it went well and the lady told us that as far as she was concerned, we were approved, but they didn't have my fingerprints cleared, so but that she couldn't stamp my passport bc of the pending fingerprints. She said I would probably receive my GC on the mail in a month or so.
Two years passed, and I didn't receive anything.
They just sat on my application for two years, after having been approved in the interview.
Then someone realized "wow, this is kind of late for someone who got approved in the interview years ago" and they transferred my files to California Service Center. The CSC contacted us and made us submit all the evidence again (joint bank accounts, etc., plus the most bizarre request of a recent picture of both of us holding a recent newspaper, like in hostage situations), and they approved my application within a month.
So it is probably normal for them to transfer applications from one office to another one.
On a side note, four years after I filed my I485, and two years after it got approved in California, and just when I am about to renew my conditional green card, I received an email from USCIS a week ago, saying that the office that was initially handling my application just cleared my fingerprints. It only took them 4 years!

Good luck

Hoohay
Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Smarty Smartypie is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is what I got today. We filed I-751 in may 2007 to TSC.

On January 31, 2008, we transferred this case to our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you.

What does it mean? Will we need to go to Vermont for an interview? We live in Houston. Thanks.

Last edited by Smarty Smartypie; Feb 1st 2008 at 1:08 pm. Reason: wrote twice.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by disneyworld

On January 31, 2008, we transferred this case to our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you.

What does it mean? Will we need to go to Vermont for an interview? We live in Houston. Thanks.
No, the interview will be held in your local district office.

Rene
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:13 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Quite common. Usually it is sent to the CSC but VSC is apparently helping to eliminate some of the backup.
Phew, thanks
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Smarty Smartypie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No, the interview will be held in your local district office.

Rene
Thank you! That's a good news.

Sounds strange: they already made a decision that we need an interview and transferring the application?
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds strange: they already made a decision that we need an interview and transferring the application?
They transferred the case to another service center, which is probably helping out TSC with backlog. For whatever reason, they then decided to have an interview on your case. When an interview time opens up in your local office, they'll transfer the case there, so the officer will have your file. Doesn't sound strange to me. Unusual maybe, but not unheard of.

Rene
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

SueW123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rincewind
I came into work this morning to find an email waiting for me from USCIS to state that my CRI89 Petition (I-751) has been transferred to the Vermont office (originally filed with the Texas office).

-------------

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

On January 31, 2008, we transferred this case CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED to our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.

-------------

We've been waiting since June 07 for the thing to be processed and now it gets moved some place else. I have a feeling this is going to take forever.
I too filed to the Texas service center, My case has been moved to the Vermont center too. I have only just filed my 1-751, sent it on Jan 3rd 08, recieved Jan 12th. Letter of reciept and one year extension arrived Jan 24th From Vermont service Center. I too wondered as I have read that a few have been transferred to CSC. But I suppose Vermont is a little less backlogged than Texas.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:06 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by SueW123
But I suppose Vermont is a little less backlogged than Texas.
Vermont is still working on March 07 applications whereas Texas is up to April 19th 07.

I guess they were flooded before the price hike.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO I don't think they are talking "interview" here but rather using the word "interview" to mean adjudicating your petition. Hence the rest of the sentence that the office would contact you if they need more information.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Cherr1980 is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: I-751 Transferred....What Does It Mean?

The cases like from mid DEC to up to date that are originally sent to TSC have been transfer to VSC, usually they were transferring to CSC which seems to be faster...but well. I just never see that one that was long ago already at TSC was getting move to VSC.

I really don't pay attention anymore to those dates on the website...in another forum there is a guy from OCT07 from VSC and get already his case approved without interview.

My file was transfer directly from Texas to Vermont on Dec, the cashed check has the stamp from VSC and my NOA is EAC which is VSC.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

orchid76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rincewind

-------------

-------------

I am in the same situation. Texas Service center got my application on May 1, 2007 and I've been waiting and waiting and only now when the current processing time is April 19, 2007, did they sent my aplication to Vermon Service center. I just checked the case status today (Jan 31, 08) and got the same message. It is normal. I've heard that cases submitted at Texas Service Center on July, August have been moved to California SC and got approved already. TSC is sleeping.It sucks. Anyway, I will apply for Naturalization after 3 years of Green card next month, they will have to approve I-751 case.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

James W is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Our I-751 petition has been transfered as well. So, it seems, have all I-751s that were received at TSC before July 1, when TSC started transferring new petitions to CSC.

Those July 1 and after transfers are the ones I've seen that are common -- new petitions/applications are sent to a service center and immediately transfered to another service center, which cashes the check and issues the I-797.

This is a mass transfer of petitions that have already been sitting at TSC anywhere from 7 to 11 or more months. Never seen that before, at least in my relatively limited experience with USCIS.

You would think they would have done this back in July when TSC started transferring the new petitions to CSC. Actually, you would think that they would still transfer these to CSC, since in practice it has been adjudicating petitions in 3 months, while VSC has been taking 6 months. (The processing times posted on the USCIS website are, of course, about as useful as an umbrella in a hurricane.)
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:52 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

The I-89 is the form on which they record the actual immigration status. Have you already taken the fingerprint and photo for green card production?

I'm not answering your question, but engaging in some speculation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.