Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 timeline (approval time 8 weeks!!!!) TSC

I-751 timeline (approval time 8 weeks!!!!) TSC

Old Dec 18th 2001, 10:26 pm
Olof Johansson

WOW!!! Either I pulled a jackpot with respect to processing time at TSC, or they have
_really_ improved.

10/6 I-751 sent registered/express
11/8 Tracking registered as received (online)
12/16 Check cleared
13/21 NOA sent
14/26 NOA received
15/11 Application approved
16/18 Approval letter received

Now all I have to do is go an apply for the GC at the INS office in San Antonio.

The letter said that I shouldn't travel without having my passport endorsed. So I'm
guessing that this is actually stricter than before the application was approved,
since then it was enough to have the NOA.

Good thing we're not going to see my parents in Sweden over christmas this
year then.

Also, we didn't submit an awful lot of documentation. We had one letter from a
friend, a copy of the deed of our house, some insurance and bank papers, a few bills
etc but nothing excessive. I was sooo prepared on the letter being an RFE and didn't
want to open it, so it was a VERY positive surprise!

Old Dec 19th 2001, 1:33 am
Ranjini

Congratulations Olof. Yes, Texas has always been on top of the removal of conditions
game. We're still waiting six months on Nebraska. And folks waiting over an year in
some cases, on Vermont. Ranjini

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 19th 2001, 4:03 am
Di Martin

Wow congratulations when I first read that my heart was almost in my mouth till I
realised it was for an I-751. It is such a shame they dont process I-129F's a whole
heap faster.... 1st NOA Sept 20th, still waiting for 2n NOA Oh Well!!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 19th 2001, 1:10 pm
Steve & Lisa

Wow, congrats Olof!

Like Ranjini we are waiting on NSC as well. =o(

Lisa http://www.britsintheus.com/marriedn...meline-aos.htm

Old Dec 19th 2001, 4:21 pm
Sean

Thanks for that info, I myself am packaging up the form and evidence now to be mailed
right after xmas when i hit my 90 day window. So maybe I could have mine completed by
the end of Feb 2002. This goes with what i have heard before, most aos cases that go
thru texas service center are over two yrs so there is never an i-751 required, but
on the few occasions like yours, mine and a few others they get processed quickly.
Congratulations on that speedy end to it all. Did you include any kind of cover
letter? and did you mark the envelope i-751 petition? Just curious as I am sure that
helps it get to the right people quickly. Sean

>
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > WOW!!! Either I pulled a jackpot with respect to processing time at TSC, or they[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > have _really_ improved.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 10/6 I-751 sent registered/express[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 10/8 Tracking registered as received (online)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 11/16 Check cleared[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 11/21 NOA sent[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 11/26 NOA received[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 12/11 Application approved[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 12/18 Approval letter received[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Now all I have to do is go an apply for the GC at the INS office in San Antonio.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > The letter said that I shouldn't travel without having my passport endorsed. So[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I'm guessing that this is actually stricter than before the application was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > approved, since then it was enough to have the NOA.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Good thing we're not going to see my parents in Sweden over christmas this year[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > then. [/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Also, we didn't submit an awful lot of documentation. We had one letter from a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > friend, a copy of the deed of our house, some insurance and bank papers, a few[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > bills etc but nothing excessive. I was sooo prepared on the letter being an RFE[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and didn't want to open it, so it was a VERY positive surprise![/usenetquote2]

Old Dec 19th 2001, 7:11 pm
Olof Johansson

Sean,

>
    >

Yes, we included a cover letter explaining among other things why we had moved around
2 times during the two years (East Coast -> California -> Texas). I didn't mark the
letter I-751 petition as far as I can remember.

We did DCF for the I-130, I'm not sure if that makes a difference when it comes to
I-751 processing.

Good luck!

Regards,

Olof

>

[usenetquote2]>> Wow congratulations when I first read that my heart was almost in my mouth till I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> realised it was for an I-751. It is such a shame they dont process I-129F's a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> whole heap faster.... 1st NOA Sept 20th, still waiting for 2n NOA Oh Well!![/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]>> > WOW!!! Either I pulled a jackpot with respect to processing time at TSC, or they[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > have _really_ improved.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > 10/6 I-751 sent registered/express[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > 10/8 Tracking registered as received (online)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > 11/16 Check cleared[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > 11/21 NOA sent[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > 11/26 NOA received[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > 12/11 Application approved[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > 12/18 Approval letter received[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > Now all I have to do is go an apply for the GC at the INS office in San Antonio.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > The letter said that I shouldn't travel without having my passport endorsed. So[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > I'm guessing that this is actually stricter than before the application was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > approved, since then it was enough to have the NOA.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > Good thing we're not going to see my parents in Sweden over christmas this year[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > then. [/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > Also, we didn't submit an awful lot of documentation. We had one letter from a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > friend, a copy of the deed of our house, some insurance and bank papers, a few[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > bills etc but nothing excessive. I was sooo prepared on the letter being an RFE[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > and didn't want to open it, so it was a VERY positive surprise![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]

Old Dec 20th 2001, 1:02 am
Kim E

Is the TSC Texas?? My first NOA was dated Dec 4 and said it would take 120-150 days
to process... What did yours say? (I filed an I-129F.)

Thanks

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 20th 2001, 3:17 am
Di Martin

Yes it was Texas and by the way things are going you still have a long wait ahead of
you unless they have a processing spurt which by the way they are due for!! Well long
overdue for. Very few 2nd NOA's have been posted over the last 6 weeks about 3 that I
have seen from reading this group and the TSC message/ complaints board. Our 1st NOA
was Sept 20th I know of a few have Sept 7th as their 1sy NOA that still haven't got
their 2nd. So hang in there!!!!!!!!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > WOW!!! Either I pulled a jackpot with respect to processing time at TSC, or they[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > have _really_ improved.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 10/6 I-751 sent registered/express[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 10/8 Tracking registered as received (online)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 11/16 Check cleared[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 11/21 NOA sent[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 11/26 NOA received[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 12/11 Application approved[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 12/18 Approval letter received[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Now all I have to do is go an apply for the GC at the INS office in San Antonio.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > The letter said that I shouldn't travel without having my passport endorsed. So[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I'm guessing that this is actually stricter than before the application was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > approved, since then it was enough to have the NOA.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Good thing we're not going to see my parents in Sweden over christmas this year[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > then. [/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Also, we didn't submit an awful lot of documentation. We had one letter from a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > friend, a copy of the deed of our house, some insurance and bank papers, a few[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > bills etc but nothing excessive. I was sooo prepared on the letter being an RFE[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and didn't want to open it, so it was a VERY positive surprise![/usenetquote2]