Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Sent, Money Order cashed - Wait

I-751 Sent, Money Order cashed - Wait

Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Sent, Money Order cashed - Wait

Originally Posted by berthman

Anyway, that's probably about it for 6 months or more now

Berthman
Most probably is, I filed mine late August or so, no sign yet. Seems the latter half of last year they seemed to pick up the pace a bit, with people getting their new cards in 4 months, but now the Christmas backlog seems to have put USCIS back to their usual selves.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

berthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really nice

It was the Thomas / 24th St location.

a Very busy day...
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

When I went for my biometrics on the 10 year card, there was only one miserable rude guy sitting on the counter looking at your details on the forms we had just filled in. It was 8 am and he had a face like thunder and an attitude to match. I just remember thinking that if he was like that at 8am, it was going to be a long day for him. Other than that, in probably 5 or so visits, I've been in and out very quickly and the old security guards hair and moustache gets darker everytime I visit!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

berthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really nice
Default I-751 Sent, Money Order cashed, card ordered - Wait

Card Production ordered today....

Nice.

Berthman
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Last week at the DMV in Scottsdale, they would only renew my license until 2015 and not 2017 the expiration date on my GC. The lady at the DMV said that's the norm, but offered no explanation why.
DAYUM...they issue ten year drivers licenses in AZ!!!!

t
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lpdiver
DAYUM...they issue ten year drivers licenses in AZ!!!!

t

Longer than that if you're a citizen.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

So Green Card Ordered, and NOA - Approval for removal of Conditions sent 3/3

Great, That was 6 months sooner than anticipated.

Berthman
Old Mar 6th 2007, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I-751 Sent, Money Order cashed, card ordered - Wait

Originally Posted by berthman
Card Production ordered today....

Nice.

Berthman
Wow! That was quick! I remember "back in the day" VSC was quickest for I-129F and now it looks like CSC is the quickest for I-751s. Congratulations!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks

It arrived last night!!

Berthman
Old Mar 16th 2007, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Your 2-year GC expires, but your PR status does not.
Rene, what does that mean? I was under the impression that the expiration of the GC means expiration of the status. Isn't that the whole reason why the I-751 was designed, as an anti-fraud measure?

If your GC expires on the 1st of Jan, and if the I-751 has not been filed, then from day onwards, are you not out of status? If you are, then all of the privileges are no longer there, including work authorization.

Are you saying thats not how it works? Please explain.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all
Default Re: I-751 Sent, Money Order cashed, card ordered - Wait

Originally Posted by MMA2002
Wow! That was quick! I remember "back in the day" VSC was quickest for I-129F and now it looks like CSC is the quickest for I-751s. Congratulations!
I wonder whether they are going to be just as quick for the I-751 good faith waivers. LOL.

I am filing mine next week.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Good luck with that!!
Old Mar 16th 2007, 6:52 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildestkabs
Rene, what does that mean? I was under the impression that the expiration of the GC means expiration of the status. Isn't that the whole reason why the I-751 was designed, as an anti-fraud measure?

If your GC expires on the 1st of Jan, and if the I-751 has not been filed, then from day onwards, are you not out of status? If you are, then all of the privileges are no longer there, including work authorization.

Are you saying thats not how it works? Please explain.
heya kabs

Not speaking for her, but I think Rene answered that in the context of the original post, where berthman says he sent his I-751 in.
I know you know that it says right on the uscis.gov page that a properly filed I-751 automatically extends your status despite the card expiring, in fact, here is the quote:

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

As a legal permanent resident, you should have received a permanent resident card. This card will continue to prove that you have a right to live and work in the United States permanently. If you file your USCIS Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence) on time, the USCIS will extend your conditional resident status for up to 12 months while your Form I-751 petition is under review.

Hope all goes smoothly with your I-751.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
As a legal permanent resident, you should have received a permanent resident card. This card will continue to prove that you have a right to live and work in the United States permanently.
Hey meauxna, question is, is an expired GC with no proof of extension of status (through an I-797 etc), still allow me to live and work permanently in the US? Is that what you are saying?

My I-751 paperwork is pretty heavy. Don't know whether the adjudicator can take it. LOL.

Edit: Ok, I just re-read. It is in the context of the 751, which will extend the status.

Last edited by wildestkabs; Mar 16th 2007 at 3:19 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

If concerened, as I was from an employment / driving license standpoint, make an appointment on the USCIS website and they can stamp your passport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.