Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Removal of conditional status

I-751 Removal of conditional status

Old Jan 2nd 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

abir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of light
Default I-751 Removal of conditional status

Hello All,

Here's a copy of the cover letter we're sending with the I-751 petition to (we live in Kentucky):

USCIS Texas Service Center
P.O. Box 850965
Mesquite, TX 75185-0965

All I need to know if I'm missing something or if I'm doing it right or not.

Please help ASAP.

Thanks so much!

Cover Letter
ORIGINAL SUBMISSION
Re: I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditions on Permanent Residence

Name: First Last Name (Permanent Resident)
A# 000-000-000
Social Security Number: 000-000-0000

Dear US Citizen and Immigration Services officer,

This is a joint petition to remove the conditional status on First Last Name's permanent resident card. Below you'll find the list of evidence we have enclosed to show we have been happily married and living together since [wedding date We used clip/fastener to hold together thick/bulky application/petition on the two-hole punching the top of the material as suggested on the USCIS Service Center – National website.

* Fees: Cashiers Check of $200.00 U.S. Dollars payable to U.S. Dept of Homeland Security
* Completed form I-751, signed by both [Permanent Resident] and [USC Spouse]. We are filing this petition together. The application includes an additional page with more information.
* Photocopy of the permanent resident card (I-551). Front and Back.
* A copy of the approval letter [Permanent Resident]’s permanent resident card
* A copy of AR-11 form (the one we submitted when we moved from the rental apartment to our new house)
* Original affidavits sworn by family/friends that knows us quite well. (Note: We have attached 5 letters and they are notarized)
* A letter written by [USC Spouse] in support of removing conditional status on [Permanent Resident] permanent resident card
* A copy of our Marriage License
* Copy of our birth certificates
* Copy of both of our driver's licenses showing same home address
* Copy of both of our social security cards
* Copy of both of our anthem blue cross blue shield health insurance cards
* Copy of both of our passports including the page of the entry/exit stamps from our Bangladesh trip – Summer 2004. Also [USC Spouse]’s name change page of the passport and Bangladesh visitor’s visa page.
* A letter from [Permanent Resident] employer and copies of his pay stubs
* A letter from [USC Spouse]’s employer and copies her of pay stubs
* Copies of Joint Tax returns of 2002 and 2003
* Copy of Joint Bank Statements - A letter from Members Heritage FCU and monthly statements for checking and savings accounts as well as the copies of our check cards. A letter from Bank One and monthly statements for checking account as well as the copies of our check cards
* Copy of Joint Credit Card Statements and credit cards showing the same account numbers and our names from Citi Bank, National City, and Discover cards
* Deed of Trust for the purchase of our current home, indicating joint ownership of house.
* Mortgage Settlement Statement, showing joint liability for the house with both of names
* Copy of County Property Tax Receipt (joint liability)
* Copies of the mortgage payment stubs we use to pay mortgage payments
* Copies of our vehicle titles with our name and address
* Copy of Life Insurance and application forms, showing the other spouse as the beneficiary
* Copy of joint Insurance Policies for Cars and House
* Copy of Jewelry insurance policy
* Copies of Health insurance bills and some doctors bills covered by the insurance
* Copies of Local telephone, Wireless phone and Internet bills
* Copy of Utility bill showing both names on the bill
* Copy of Municipality Water and Sewer bill showing both names on the bill
* Copy of Disk Network satellite TV bills showing both names on the bill
* Copy of the itinerary, some air tickets, and boarding passes from our Trip to Bangladesh this past summer (2004)
* Copies of miscellaneous letters/cards addressed to both of us
* Some copies of the pictures we took together and some with families over the past few years

We hope that the amount of evidence is sufficient in the eyes of the US CIS to show that we do indeed continue to have a loving and true marriage. If you have any questions or comments, you can reach us at:

[Our Home address]
Home #
Work #
Cell #
Email: our email addresses

Thank you!

First Last Name (Permanent Resident) First Last Name (US Citizen Spouse)

Sign Sign

Additional Attachments:

List of addresses where I resided since becoming a permanent resident (and dates)
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 11:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Removal of conditional status

I received your PM with a copy of this thread. I prefer to answer publicly all inquiries, so here goes.

Your letter/list is well rounded and comprehensive. You included a lot of documentation to substantate your ongoing marriage. The affidavits are overkill but what the heck.

Good sailing.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 12:35 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
I received your PM with a copy of this thread. I prefer to answer publicly all inquiries, so here goes.

Your letter/list is well rounded and comprehensive. You included a lot of documentation to substantate your ongoing marriage. The affidavits are overkill but what the heck.

Good sailing.
Hi Rete:

Just the affidavits are "overkill?" A lot more of that is overkill IMHO.

The point of the I-751 -- proof of continuing relationship AFTER grant of CPR. Just focus on that.

There is a balance in avoiding overkill -- but the evidence should be RELEVANT. Irrelevant evidence doesn't harm the application per se -- but why torture the poor CSC examiner stuck in a windowless cubbyhole with such documentation.

The way I look at my job is, in the words of a former employer: "The lawyer's job is to make it as easy as possible for the examiner to say 'yes.'"

FolinskytemporarilyintheBayAreaforafewdays
Old Jan 4th 2005, 1:59 am
Andrew DeFaria

User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (X11/20041206)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: alt.visa.us.marriage-based
Subject: Re: I-751 Removal of conditional status
References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
Content-type: multipart/mixed;
boundary="------------020406070304010101090802"
Lines: 37
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 02:59:02 GMT
NNTP-Posting-Host: 216.100.252.8
X-Complaints-To: [email protected]
X-Trace: typhoon.sonic.net 1104807542 216.100.252.8 (Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:59:02 PST)
NNTP-Posting-Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:59:02 PST
Path: artemis.britishexpats.com!news2.newsguy.com!lana.p athlink.com!lex!extra.newsguy.com!lotsanews.com!ar clight.uoregon.edu!hammer.uoregon.edu!logbridge.uo regon.edu!nntp4.savvis.net!feed.news.sonic.net!typ hoon.sonic.net!not-for-mail
Xref: artemis.britishexpats.com alt.visa.us.marriage-based:462174

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Folinskyinla wrote:

> but why torture the poor CSC examiner stuck in a windowless cubbyhole
    > with such documentation.

Ah but you gotta admit, the thought of torturing a CSC examiner is very
tempting! ;-)
--
I like kids, but I don't think I could eat a whole one.

Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=utf-8;
name="Andrew.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename="Andrew.vcf"

begin:vcard
fn:Andrew DeFaria
n:DeFaria;Andrew
adr:;;6265 Kelez Court;San Jose;California;95120-2819;United States
email;internet:[email protected]
tel;work:408-979-4311
tel;fax:408-997-6900
tel;home:408-997-6900
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://defaria.com
version:2.1
end:vcard

--------------020406070304010101090802--

Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:21 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
There is a balance in avoiding overkill -- but the evidence should be RELEVANT. Irrelevant evidence doesn't harm the application per se -- but why torture the poor CSC examiner stuck in a windowless cubbyhole with such documentation.

The way I look at my job is, in the words of a former employer: "The lawyer's job is to make it as easy as possible for the examiner to say 'yes.'"
Absolutely (your last statement about making it easy for the examiner to say yes). I usually submit affidavits with my I-751 submissions. I just received the approval letter for an I-751 that I filed at the CSC on 07/21/04. It was approved on 12/30/04, with no interview. Clients and I are happy.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:39 pm
Banned

Johndoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr.Udall,
So what would it mean if case is very much past processing times? Ever had a case like that with your clients and what did you do??
===============================

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Absolutely (your last statement about making it easy for the examiner to say yes). I usually submit affidavits with my I-751 submissions. I just received the approval letter for an I-751 that I filed at the CSC on 07/21/04. It was approved on 12/30/04, with no interview. Clients and I are happy.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:44 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johndoe
Mr.Udall,
So what would it mean if case is very much past processing times?
You have to calculate your "overdue" date. If it goes past that date, then you (or your attorney) should alert them to that fact. But if you received an IBIS hit, than forget about calculating an "overdue" date as the processing reports can only be used by those who do not receive an IBIS hit.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:06 am
Banned

How accurate are the USCIS processing times issued bi-monthly and what is IBIS?
======================================

You have to calculate your "overdue" date. If it goes past that date, then you (or your attorney) should alert them to that fact. But if you received an IBIS hit, than forget about calculating an "overdue" date as the processing reports can only be used by those who do not receive an IBIS hit.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:11 am
Banned

How accurate are the USCIS processing times issued bi-monthly and what is IBIS?
======================================
Pretty darn accurate in my opinion (of course, those who get IBIS hits and never know that they did might disagree, or other weird situations where a case gets derailed somewhere along the time).

An IBIS check is where they run the petitioner's and beneficiary's names to see if there is a record of arrest, or warrant outstanding. That sort of thing. So if you know you have ever been arrested before, "OR" if someone with the same name has been arrested before, than the case will get an IBIS hit. I feel sorry for petitioners named Bob Smith.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:17 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

An IBIS check is where they run the petitioner's and beneficiary's names to see if there is a record of arrest, or warrant outstanding.
Do USCIS run IBIS checks for I-751 apps?
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by meauxna
Do USCIS run IBIS checks for I-751 apps?
I believe they run IBIS checks for all petitions and applications filed. Go to my Service Center processing time report page, located at, http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/sctimes.htm and look right below the chart for the TSC as I have an old blurb from the USCIS about IBIS hits posted there.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 5:47 pm
Mattias Hembruch

In article <[email protected]> ,
Folinskyinla <member4043@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >> I received your PM with a copy of this thread. I prefer to answer
    >> publicly all inquiries, so here goes.
    >> Your letter/list is well rounded and comprehensive. You included a
    >> lot of documentation to substantate your ongoing marriage. The
    >> affidavits are overkill but what the heck.
    >> Good sailing.
    >Hi Rete:
    >Just the affidavits are "overkill?" A lot more of that is
    >overkill IMHO.
    >The point of the I-751 -- proof of continuing relationship AFTER grant
    >of CPR. Just focus on that.
    >There is a balance in avoiding overkill -- but the evidence should be
    >RELEVANT. Irrelevant evidence doesn't harm the application per se --
    >but why torture the poor CSC examiner stuck in a windowless cubbyhole
    >with such documentation.
    >The way I look at my job is, in the words of a former employer: "The
    >lawyer's job is to make it as easy as possible for the examiner to
    >say 'yes.'"
    >FolinskytemporarilyintheBayAreaforafewdays

Enjoy your stay! Got time for a beer? :-)

Mattias

Old Jan 6th 2005, 9:04 pm

Trent is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty darn accurate in my opinion ...
I was wondering if the processing dates are accurate, how come some get the response earlier than their posted date? For example, NC Penguin (a user of this forum) filed I-751 in Jan 2004 and got his approval in Dec 2004 while the TSC processing date for I-751 still shows that they are working on Oct 31 2003 application. That makes me think these dates are not as accurate as one thinks they should be. Any thoughts?

Here's a link to the original post from NC Penguin:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270253
Old Jan 6th 2005, 9:30 pm
Banned

Am starting to think USCIS is biased against all, but people from a few countries. Canada and UK have high approval rates.
===========================

Originally Posted by Trent
I was wondering if the processing dates are accurate, how come some get the response earlier than their posted date? For example, NC Penguin (a user of this forum) filed I-751 in Jan 2004 and got his approval in Dec 2004 while the TSC processing date for I-751 still shows that they are working on Oct 31 2003 application. That makes me think these dates are not as accurate as one thinks they should be. Any thoughts?

Here's a link to the original post from NC Penguin:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270253
Old Jan 6th 2005, 9:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Am starting to think USCIS is biased against all, but people from a few countries. Canada and UK have high approval rates.
===========================

Not true. My Canadian husband's removal petition took 18 months before it was approved and then only because he was scheduled for naturalization.

That's the problem with blanket statements one size does not fit all.

Rete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.