I-751 receipt notice

Old Jul 12th 2017, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

NCSox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 receipt notice

Evening all, I am in a bit of a predicament, and hopefully can get a few answers on here.

I am a Permanent Resident and currently applying for US citizenship. I have had to go back to the UK short term to help assist my nan and granddad who are both ill and need help. 1 has Alzheimer's the other cancer. So they aren't in a good place, but could be worse, so cant really complain.

My Permanent Residency card expired in August 2016, so I applied and was issued with an I-751 form which extends my stay for an additional 12months. The I-751 form was issued back in July 2016. They are currently processing June 2016.

So I have 2 questions;
1) Is my Residency extended for 12months from when my green card expired or when the receipt date on the I-751 form?
2) As I am in the UK currently, can I use the info pass and go to the US embassy in London, to get my passport stamped to say that I am still waiting for my new green card? Or do I have to fly back to Florida (not an issue but just an inconvenience at having to pay for another flight) and get it done over there?

I am currently not scheduled to be back in USA until the end of August, so there is a chance my new Permanent Residency card will be issued by my trip. I don't really want to gamble on it being there by then encase it isn't.

Any help is much appreciated,
Old Jul 12th 2017, 9:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 receipt notice

The I-751 is the removal of conditions on your conditional green card. Have you or your spouse heard anything from the USCIS regarding your petition to remove conditions? Sometimes there is an interview for the removal of conditions. It is unlikely if the evidence submitted is good but you should not harbor the thoughts that the removal is automatic or that they will just send you the 10 year green card. BTW they did not issue you an I-751 form but rather because you submitted the I-751 they send you a notice of action which for this submission is a paper extension of your rights as a PR.

An info pass is for the USCIS stateside and has nothing whatsoever to do with the US Embassy abroad. It is nice that you applied for naturalization and if the conditions have not been removed by the time of the naturalization interview, then it will be adjudicated shortly before the interview for naturalization.

Last edited by Rete; Jul 12th 2017 at 9:59 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

NCSox is an unknown quantity at this point

Evening, thanks for your reply.
We haven't heard anything from USCIS and had no indication that we will require an interview. I applied for the removal back in July 2016, so surely I would have heard something if my new green card wasn't going to be issued? It looks like I will have to book a flight to Orlando for next week so I can get my passport stamped then. I did assume they couldn't do it in London, but just wanted to check and make sure. They do offer info pass outside the USA, although it appears it has limited options to chose from.
In regards to naturalization, I recently had my biometrics, and am waiting to be put in line for interview. I have a feeling I could be waiting for a while.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 2:56 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You will have no indication that an interview is required in your case until you receive the notice in the mail. Most of them are always approved out of hand. Removal of conditions is the least important of all USCIS procedures and it can take a year or more before it is adjudicated.

Your application for naturalization will push it to the front of the pile as it needs to be completed before your interview for naturalization.

Our I-751 was in the 16th month of waiting for adjudication and was only done two weeks before hubby's naturalization interview. We were told that is what lite a fire under it for processing.