Reload this Page >

I-751 Questions & Concerns

I-751 Questions & Concerns

Old Mar 5th 2014, 6:12 am
Just Joined

fks112 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 Questions & Concerns

Hi!

I received my greed card in May 2017 and I am currently putting together my package for my I-751....However I am nervous this time because I have heard of a lot of people getting RFE after sending their packages

I have the following with the following questions

1. Joint Bank accounts and savings accounts
I was added on to my husbands accounts when we got married, how do I show that this happened a month after my marriage?? I have my bank card but it just says "valid through to" and not "valid from" ? Is it necessary to show that I have been on this account since 2011...is it necessary to sent ALL my statements which should have my name on them from 2011 to show this?

2. Credit Cards
I have two credit cards and again i was ADDED as a second cardholder, I have my credit cards with the same card number as my husbands and can send these together but I have no letter or no statement with MY name on it as i am not the primary acc. holder?

3. Car Insurance
Do i need to send information dating back to April 2012 when I got my car insurance or is it enough just to have the most recent document with my name on it?

4. I have an issue with my name... When i Got my green card i got it made in my married name as I assumed it would be the easiest place to start...Since then I have been to SS about 4 times since May 2012 to change my name but every time I go they tell me that they are awaiting confirmation from the USCIS to confirm that I am a legal pr? So basically my SSC has my maiden name and subsequently so does my health insurance card as they go off the social security card name.... will this be a problem?? I do have a letter addressed to me in my married name from the SS office stating they have changed my name but this is from May 2012 and every time I go they say they cant give me a receipt of my visit... my old health insurance cards had my married name on them but my new ones as of November 2013 have my maiden name...? Just worried that this may seem a little odd to the USCIS...

5. We leased our car while we were temporarily staying at my in-laws place for three months while we relocated to a different city as my husband had three months off inbetween jobs... so my car registration is in my name too but it has the temporary address... is this ok or should I just not send this?! I have added an additional sheet with a list of ALL addresses I have lived at inc. his parents address as part of PART 1 question 22.

6. I also have an issue with MAIL. When we moved from my inlaws place in October 2013 and to our new town, we began a "mail forwarding" but we by mistake created the mail forwarding in my in-laws name too so all of their mail was coming to us, we have since tried to cancel this but its been a disaster and we are still not receiving all of our mail... is it ok to give my work address as a "mailing address" as I really dont want any letter from the USCIS to get lost...

7. Everything else I have like Tax returns which were done in my married name showing that we filed jointly, I have letters addressed to us both at our most current address, our wedding cards and I have a small photo book with pictures with my family and his family when we took trips to london and pictures of other trips we took together over the two years. I have travel documents, my name as a beneficiary on my husbands 401K (which he recently got as he recently started his first job), I have my official USPS letters stating our official change of address and I have affidavits from my husbands high school friend and a mutual family friend testifying the validity of our marriage...

To whoever was able to read this i am sorry for the length of this post!!! I really do hope someone can help me? I suppose it is not as crazy as my first AOS I-485 package but im still nervous!!! Its so hard to get everything together!!

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 5th 2014, 6:23 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Questions & Concerns

Originally Posted by fks112
I received my greed card in May 2017 ...
Time travel? Did you mean 2012?

1. Joint Bank accounts and savings accounts
I was added on to my husbands accounts when we got married, how do I show that this happened a month after my marriage?? I have my bank card but it just says "valid through to" and not "valid from" ? Is it necessary to show that I have been on this account since 2011...is it necessary to sent ALL my statements which should have my name on them from 2011 to show this?
Use bank statements which show both names on the account. Yes, go back to the first statement you have that shows both names on the account, and copy a couple of them per year, also showing the most recent one. Don't use the bank card, since that probably doesn't say both names on it.

2. Credit Cards
I have two credit cards and again i was ADDED as a second cardholder, I have my credit cards with the same card number as my husbands and can send these together but I have no letter or no statement with MY name on it as i am not the primary acc. holder?
Sure, you can make a photocopy of both cards...but if you have other, better evidence, I'd say skip this one.

3. Car Insurance
Do i need to send information dating back to April 2012 when I got my car insurance ...
Yes. Make sure all your different types of evidence date all the way back to when you were first added.

4. I have an issue with my name... When i Got my green card i got it made in my married name as I assumed it would be the easiest place to start...Since then I have been to SS about 4 times since May 2012 to change my name but every time I go they tell me that they are awaiting confirmation from the USCIS to confirm that I am a legal pr? So basically my SSC has my maiden name and subsequently so does my health insurance card as they go off the social security card name.... will this be a problem??
No.

5. We leased our car while we were temporarily staying at my in-laws place for three months while we relocated to a different city as my husband had three months off inbetween jobs... so my car registration is in my name too but it has the temporary address... is this ok or should I just not send this?! I have added an additional sheet with a list of ALL addresses I have lived at inc. his parents address as part of PART 1 question 22.
If it's a document with both your names on it (you and your husband), then you can use it.

6. I also have an issue with MAIL. When we moved from my inlaws place in October 2013 and to our new town, we began a "mail forwarding" but we by mistake created the mail forwarding in my in-laws name too so all of their mail was coming to us, we have since tried to cancel this but its been a disaster and we are still not receiving all of our mail... is it ok to give my work address as a "mailing address" as I really dont want any letter from the USCIS to get lost...
I wouldn't give your work address, no. Just use your correct current address on the I-751 and nothing should get lost. Your address on the I-751 will be your correct current address...not the old one where stuff doesn't get forwarded.

7. Everything else I have like Tax returns which were done in my married name showing that we filed jointly, I have letters addressed to us both at our most current address, our wedding cards and I have a small photo book with pictures with my family and his family when we took trips to london and pictures of other trips we took together over the two years. I have travel documents, my name as a beneficiary on my husbands 401K (which he recently got as he recently started his first job), I have my official USPS letters stating our official change of address and I have affidavits from my husbands high school friend and a mutual family friend testifying the validity of our marriage...
You don't need the affidavits. You don't need the USPS letters. Pictures together are good. Tax returns are required. Letters addressed to both of you are OK...your other evidence is better, such as bank statements, joint insurance, beneficiary on 401K.

The I-751 is really pretty simple...fill out the form, include the fee, include evidence of your joint life together from the time you became a PR to present. Done.

Rene
Old Mar 5th 2014, 6:48 am
Just Joined

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Really appreciated your quick response Really helped!! Feel a lot calmer now! I also went and did screen shots of our facebook pages and messages we had sent, I think that was a little extreme and unnecessary but I suppose when you're getting the package ready you want to make sure you include every little detail!!
Old Mar 5th 2014, 6:48 am
Just Joined

haha and yes I meant 2012... I dont know why my mind is in 2017!
Old Mar 5th 2014, 12:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fks112
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Really appreciated your quick response Really helped!! Feel a lot calmer now! I also went and did screen shots of our facebook pages and messages we had sent, I think that was a little extreme and unnecessary but I suppose when you're getting the package ready you want to make sure you include every little detail!!
Yep, for the I-751 I'd say this is extreme, don't send them.

Rene
Old Mar 5th 2014, 1:35 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

General comment: when I was in practice, I found that the "garden variety" I-751 was an application suitable for "DIY." To be honest, the 751 is not one of those applications where the Dark Forces are looking for reasons to deny.

Do note that there is nothing wrong with an RFE, per se. An RFE is issued, and you respond. An RFE is sometimes issued because the officer is having a bad hair day and pushes the button for a "boilerplate" request.

Also, do note that a certain percentage of I-751's are RANDOMLY selected for interview just for quality control. IOW, "YMMV" applies.

To OP: good luck

p.s. If one lives in the Los Angeles area, I highly recommend the Immigration Legal Assistance Project of the Los Angeles County Bar Association to obtain assistance in cases like OP's. Their fees are truly "nominal."

Last edited by S Folinsky; Mar 5th 2014 at 1:40 pm. Reason: Added the notation about the LACBA ILAP.