I-751 Question

Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:04 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Question

Originally Posted by notacrime
Ah crap, that includes me.

Can I get a no-legend SS with the expired GC and extension letter?
No, foolish mortal!

Actually, I'm only 90% certain on that, but as it was something of a 'thing' for me a while ago, I think I would have turned that up.

Serious.. you still have the old card. hmmm. And you're job hunting, right?
What's your CDL situation right now (you're here, right?)
Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
No, foolish mortal!

Actually, I'm only 90% certain on that, but as it was something of a 'thing' for me a while ago, I think I would have turned that up.

Serious.. you still have the old card. hmmm. And you're job hunting, right?
I'm in Edinburgh, contracting for a company in San Francisco. We're moving back to California on July 25th and I'll be starting as a full time employee with that same company on July 27th. At least that was the plan!

Hopefully I can go to the SS office on Market St and get a new card...
Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Edinburgh, contracting for a company in San Francisco. We're moving back to California on July 25th and I'll be starting as a full time employee with that same company on July 27th. At least that was the plan!

If you're not job hunting for a new job, you shouldn't run into any problems with your current documents.

Rene
Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you're not job hunting for a new job, you shouldn't run into any problems with your current documents.

Rene
They'll need to fill out an I-9 though, because I'll be switching from contracting to full time.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:24 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

See about getting an I-551 stamp in your passport first.
Some offices will not do this for you, others will. You'll want to explain in full why you were unable to get the unrestricted card when you could. (ie tell a good, sad story)

I expect your current employer will be a bit more flexible than someone who doesn't know you.

You also won't have a CDL; what are their current rules and how can you get one?
Def. check out form I-9 (uscis.gov) and the Handbook for Employers (also there.. M-something form).
Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:31 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

M-274

Regards, JEff

Def. check out form I-9 (uscis.gov) and the Handbook for Employers (also there.. M-something form).
Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

See about getting an I-551 stamp in your passport first.
Some offices will not do this for you, others will. You'll want to explain in full why you were unable to get the unrestricted card when you could. (ie tell a good, sad story)

I expect your current employer will be a bit more flexible than someone who doesn't know you.

You also won't have a CDL; what are their current rules and how can you get one?
I have a CA driver's license, it's still valid.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:54 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

m,

Why are you asking if he has a commercial drivers license?

Regards, JEff

Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
m,

Why are you asking if he has a commercial drivers license?

Regards, JEff
California.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:01 am

Got it.

Acronyms can be tricky things, especially when they are very commonly associated with one thing but are then applied to other things as well. AOS being another good example in this forum.

California.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

M-274

Regards, JEff
thanks JEff.

Bottom of page 9 of that booklet lists the I-797 NOA for I-751 application with the one year extension language, plus the expired GC as allowable for column C (employment authorization.) And my CA drivers license will suffice for identity.

Last edited by notacrime; Apr 15th 2009 at 6:22 am.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:16 am

thanks JEff.

Bottom of page 9 of that booklet lists the I-797 NOA for I--751 application with the one year extension language, plus the expired GC as allowable for column C (employment authorization.) And my CA drivers license will suffice for identity.
Excellent!
That has been updated recently, in anticipation of the I-9 form changes. The Employer Handbook didn't have that specific language before.

Glad this came up just now.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:18 am

nac,

Glad you found what you needed. But thank meauxna, she's the one who first pointed to that manual, which I would have otherwise overlooked.

Regards, JEff

thanks JEff.

Bottom of page 9 of that booklet lists the I-797 NOA for I--751 application with the one year extension language, plus the expired GC as allowable for column C (employment authorization.) And my CA drivers license will suffice for identity.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:23 am

nac,

Glad you found what you needed. But thank meauxna, she's the one who first pointed to that manual, which I would have otherwise overlooked.

Regards, JEff
ooh, group hug all around!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

nac,

Regards, JEff
thanks all round, and phew!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.