I-751 preparation

Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

DiCo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 preparation

Hi all,

I just enetered my 90 day period to file our joint petition to remove conditions on residence. I have compiled the following information, all documents consist of just the front page (travel docs, bank statements, utility bills etc) that show both our names and same address.

-Cover letter with contents
-Check for $590
-Form I-751
-Copy of front and back of permanent resident card
-Copy of both drivers licenses showing same address
-Copy of marriage certificate - Nov 2009
-Copies of utility statements (electricity) for 2010 and 2011
-Copies of joint phone plan for 2010 and 2011
-Copies of Joint auto insurance for 2011 and 2012
-Copies of joint vacations for 2010, 2011 and 2012
-Copies of tax returns (married filing jointly) for 2009 and 2010
-Copies of joint money market savings account for 2011
-Copies of joint residential lease for 2010, 2011 and 2012
-Copy of joint vehicle registration and Title
-Copies of joint health insurance cards

We had a joint account back in 2009 and 2010 but didn't really use it and closed the account in 2010. Am I correct in leaving the front page of these statements out because the account no longer exists? The only joint bank statements that we now have started in Oct 2011. Although we do have an active credit union account since 2010 but haven't really used that either, should I include the front page of this?

I have a million photos, would it be beneficial to add a few pages of these or will the documentation I have suffice?

I will appreciate any advice you have.

Thanks!
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 preparation

Please do NOT send a copy of each month for all the things you have listed. You need only send a few, i.e. January, November statements or bills or even just the last statement or bill.

Tax returns are great for showing financial co-mingling. Include a picture or two with a brief explanation of the persons in the photo and the occasion.

Don't bury them.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Rete. When I did our I-751, I included 3 statements in each category, per year, going back to the time we got married.

Make sure you include documentation dating all the way back to when you got married (in the USA), not just the most recent things.

You don't need a copy of your marriage certificate, USCIS already knows you're married.

Rene
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. I have only included four statements/year (I should have made that clearer). I don't really have anything for the first couple of months we were married as we were living with a friend. It wasn't until we moved to our own place that we had documentation in both our names. Do you think USCIS will be that picky to question those first three months?
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DiCo
Thanks. I have only included four statements/year (I should have made that clearer). I don't really have anything for the first couple of months we were married as we were living with a friend. It wasn't until we moved to our own place that we had documentation in both our names. Do you think USCIS will be that picky to question those first three months?
No, they won't be that picky. Just include as far back as you have documentation.

Rene
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:17 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

My wife included only two statements - the 1st statement when the accounts became joint and the most recent statement.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by DiCo
Thanks. I have only included four statements/year (I should have made that clearer).
Old Jan 5th 2012, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your contributions Rete, Noorah and Jeffreyhy. I took out the marriage certificate, added a few photos with explanations and mailed out the package to the Vermont Service Center this afternoon (90 day period to file came in to effect three days ago). I'll post updates when I receive them
Old Jan 6th 2012, 3:06 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!
Old Jan 6th 2012, 3:50 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot to mention that Vermont tends to be a bit slow and their processing times that are listed are not accurate. My husband recently got his 10 year card and it took 9 months. Other posters have recently listed 7 or 8 months.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

Best of luck with your I751!

I did send in a couple of pages of photos, but tried to stick more to the factual paperwork. At time of filing hubby and I had only had a joint bank account for approximately a year, and so a lot of my paperwork was bills, driving licenses etc with the same address. I wasnt on the mortgage, the car was given to us by his parents so it wasnt registered to us, the bills were mostly in hubby's name. I was concerned of this, but ultimately everything worked out ok!
Old Sep 27th 2012, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

My case status just changed to the good news that everyone wants to hear:

"On September 26, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you."

I filed the I-751 (CR189) back on January 12th 2012. That's 10.5 months through the Vermont Service Center. No RFE.

Good luck to everyone in the process!

Cheers!
Old Sep 27th 2012, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: I-751 preparation

Thank you everyone that has helped me through the process over the last 3-4 years! It would have been much tougher without britishexpats.com, and much pricier with an attorney.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 6:16 pm

Congratulations!

Rene