I-751 Petition to Remove the Condition of Residence

Wikiposts

I-751 Petition to Remove the Condition of Residence

Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

stephon113 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 Petition to Remove the Condition of Residence

Hi all,
I am still waiting for my I-751 to get approval as my 2 yrs conditional greencard is about to expire. I have to get out of the country April 1, 2005 and my GC will be expired March 15. What if my application did not get approval in time as I travel. Can I stop by the local INS office get a stamp in my passport to extend so I can come back to the States? Please help.
Stephon
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Petition to Remove the Condition of Residence

Originally Posted by stephon113
Hi all,
I am still waiting for my I-751 to get approval as my 2 yrs conditional greencard is about to expire. I have to get out of the country April 1, 2005 and my GC will be expired March 15. What if my application did not get approval in time as I travel. Can I stop by the local INS office get a stamp in my passport to extend so I can come back to the States? Please help.
Stephon
Hi Stephon,

Did you receive the NOA which extends the validity of your current GC by one year? Carry the extension letter and your current GC (even if it shows expired), and you should be OK to travel. Others have done this successfully.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

stephon113 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Stephon,

Did you receive the NOA which extends the validity of your current GC by one year? Carry the extension letter and your current GC (even if it shows expired), and you should be OK to travel. Others have done this successfully.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Hi Noorah,
Not yet, how soon after they cashed the check until receive NOA? Do you know? Thanks
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Noorah,
Not yet, how soon after they cashed the check until receive NOA? Do you know? Thanks
No, sorry...I don't know. But try doing a search on this forum for "I-751" and you will find a ton of posts, and most likely the answer to your question. Look for posts by meauxna. She and her husband recently filed their I-751.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Feb 10th 2006, 2:12 am
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of
Red face Re: I-751 Petition to Remove the Condition of Residence

Hi Noorah,

Hi Stephon,

My husband & I filed our I-751 petition jointly to the CSC on 8/17/05 & received the NOA extending his CGC for 1 year on 8/23/05. We are currently still waiting for an approval. Good luck to you. My husbands CGC expired on 11/13/05 & we haven't traveled outside the USA since then. What SC did you apply at?

Fondly
June