Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751, Part 4- Maiden or married name?

Wikiposts

I-751, Part 4- Maiden or married name?

Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Amo mi Británico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751, Part 4- Maiden or married name?

Hello All,

I am filling out the I-751 for my spouse and on Part 4 of the I-751 on page 2 it asks for the Family Name of "the spouse or parent through whom you gained your conditional residence."

Should I enter in my maiden or married name?

Thanks!

Marisol
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:33 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751, Part 4- Maiden or married name?

Originally Posted by Amo mi Británico
Both.

Ian
Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:15 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,

I am filling out the I-751 for my spouse and on Part 4 of the I-751 on page 2 it asks for the Family Name of "the spouse or parent through whom you gained your conditional residence."

Thanks!

Marisol
I don't know if this is just an old fashioned thing or if anyone else still uses it, but I used the convention: Marisol MarriedName(nee MaidenName) when it was called for.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: I-751, Part 4- Maiden or married name?

Thanks for answering, guys! FYI...I called the UCIS and they said to use what I am currently using as my legal name (which is my married name).

Thanks again!

Marisol

Originally Posted by meauxna
I don't know if this is just an old fashioned thing or if anyone else still uses it, but I used the convention: Marisol MarriedName(nee MaidenName) when it was called for.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 2:21 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for answering, guys! FYI...I called the UCIS and they said to use what I am currently using as my legal name (which is my married name).

Thanks again!

Marisol
The Miss-information line??, Stick to the advice Ian and Meauxna gave you.. you'll be better off!!
Good Luck!
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Talking OK...another dumb question- what type of folder or package?

How have people organized their materials? In the good 'ol folders with the ACCO fasteners, or would one of those report cover thingies with the slide that holds the papers on the side suffice?

Thanks again for all your help!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 12:57 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I called the UCIS and they said to use what I am currently using as my legal name (which is my married name).
You called the misInfo line? It is not staffed by USCIS personnel but by 3rd party contract workers who know little or nothing of USCIS rules and regulations. They may be okay to change an address, but never rely on any information they give regarding completing or submitting forms which will forever change your life.

Ian
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 1:15 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna

I did the exact same thing whenever asked that question by the CIS. Regardless of whether it was from the I-129F and all the petitions following it, it was always First, Current Last, (nee birth surname).

I felt it was better to cover the base then to leave an opening for a problem to enter.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, you guys are fabulous. The famous Rete replied to my post. I feel honored. What does the nee thing mean?

Originally Posted by Rete
I did the exact same thing whenever asked that question by the CIS. Regardless of whether it was from the I-129F and all the petitions following it, it was always First, Current Last, (nee birth surname).

I felt it was better to cover the base then to leave an opening for a problem to enter.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 2:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, you guys are fabulous. The famous Rete replied to my post. I feel honored. What does the nee thing mean?
"nee" is a French word for "born". We use it in English. So it translates like First Name, Middle Name, Married Name, "born as" Maiden Name.

Rene