Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 & No NOA yet? Gather Here!

I-751 & No NOA yet? Gather Here!

Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:52 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-751 & No NOA yet? Gather Here!

It appears that the VSC is having some trouble getting NOAs out in a timely manner; this may also apply to other Service Centers.
Since this is a previously UNKNOWN issue, share your stories, but put them in one place, please!

Here is one report from a visajourney user, and the result she got. It seems like a good plan to me--see what you think.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...howtopic=32972
GC expires oct,25th and I am going overseas, is expired GC and I-751 NOA all I need at the POE when I return?

as promised, here I am with the update about my Infopass appointment...which was a TOTAL succes!!!
It was all very quick...once I got to the window, I told the IO my situation so the first thing she did was to check if my case was in their system...she said it had been entered september 22nd so after one second she said "there are 2 things you can do, you can wait for your NOA or, if you need to travel very soon, I can just take your conditional green card now and give you a stamp to extend your status for 12 months with a note that your I-751 has been filed". Needless to say I handed her my card right away lol, so she took it, stamped my passport and hand-wrote the note about the I-751! She basically said they don't usually do it but that it could be done, I get the feeling my husband wearing his uniform (not done on purpose, he just came and picked me up straight from work and didn't have time to change ) might have had something to do with it, needless to say I probably was lucky and got the nicest IO of the entire country .
I AM SOOOO HAPPY!!!! My MIL is coming to visit us until Sunday and then we are hopping on the first available flight!
I hope those of you who are waiting for your NOA and need to travel soon, get it on time..if not, give the Infopass a try!!!!
Old Sep 27th 2006, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 & No NOA yet? Gather Here!

Glad someone finally tried it - this is what Ive been saying people should do (oh look at me I'm so smart.... okay that part was a total lie hahaha).

Nonetheless, everyone should chill. I'm usually a total ball of stress and even I'm not freaking about this issue.

That's my 2cents, and now I am going back to bed!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:43 pm
round 2, ding-ding.

tortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nice
Default Re: I-751 & No NOA yet? Gather Here!

anyone know if the nebraska service centre is having problems too?

i'm giving this two more weeks (which i think is a reasonable amount of time) and then i'm calling, and this time i'll ask to speak to a supervisor.