I-751 List of Content

Old May 14th 2006, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

cjcherri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 List of Content

Hi there:

Lawrence (CPR holder) and I (USC) and ready to send off our I-751 and as we know the current fee is $205 and it needs 2 passport style photos as well. We have put together a list of contents for our documents, please help us review our lists, let us know if there is anything we might need or not need in the list. We are also thinking about getting letters from family and friends but really feel that it might not be necessary. Our living situation is a little bit odd since we are at a live/work loft and all utilities come in COMPANY name, which we are both owners of the company. We kept some of our company files along with our 751 files as utility bills don't come in my or lawrence's name. Any suggestions on this?

USCIS Califonria Service Center
P.O. Box 10751
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0751

Our address
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx

RE: I-751 Joint Petition to Remove Conditions on residence of:
M. Lawrence, A #xxxxxxxx

Dear Madam/Sir:

Enclosed please find a joint I-751 petition for removal of conditions on conditional resident status regarding my husband, Lawrence. Please also find a check for $205, the fee for this form. Lawrence obtained her conditional residence in Sept 2004 based on marriage to me, an U.S citizen. We are filing this petition together and submit as evidence required copies of lawrence’s permanent residence card and passport as well as the following documents to show that we are still married and living together as a couple.

Should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at the following numbers and email.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
xxx-xxx-xxxx
[email protected]

Sincerely,

06/05/2006

Table of Contents

·Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence and fee
·Copy of Permanent resident Card of Lawrence(CPR), front and back.
Copy.
·Copy of Social Security Cards of husband and wife, front and back.
·Copy of Drivers License of husband and wife, front and back.
·Copy of Passport of husband and wife, showing change of name
·Copies of various joint cards in both of our names.
·Bank Debit card in both of our names.
·Bank Business Debit card in both of our names.
·Copy of Costco membership cards in both of our names.
·Copy of pay slip of wife showing direct deposit in our joint account (not available form lawrence’s Work).
·Copy of Joint Account Statement form our Bank.
·Copy of Business Account Statement from our Bank.
·Copies wife and husband’s IRA account from HR block
·Copy of Joint Tax Return 2003(Prepared by HR block)
·Copy of Joint Tax Return 2004 (Prepared by HR block)
·Copy of Joint Tax Return 2005 (Prepared by HR block)
·Copy of Car Insurance from USAA
·Copy of Rental insurance from USAA
·Copy of husband’s life insurance showing wife as Beneficiary.
·Copy of wife’s life insurance showing husband as Beneficiary.
·Copy of International Phone Bill to Taiwan
·Copy of cell phone bills showing husband’s number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) as an add on to wife’s number (xxx-xxx-xxxx)
·Copy of Joint Lease(signed in 2004 but went month to month after one year, higher rent when signed new lease)
·Letter from Landlord(explaining lease is still vaild as long as we stay)
·Copy of Fictitious Business Name Statement showing joint ownership of (company name) (Operated out of our leased work/live loft) filed on 8/20/2004.
·City of Santa Clara Renewal Business Tax Affidavit for (Company name) 2005.
·Copy of newspaper ad showing us operating a small business as husband and wife.
·Copy of (company name) Utility bills (operated out of our live/work loft)
·Christmas Photos with family and friends 2002,2003,2004,2005.
·Photos of family driving trip to Lake Tahoe 2004.
·Photos of mother’s day get together 2006.
·Photos of Thanksgiving trip to Tahoe 2005.
·Etc…
Old May 14th 2006, 10:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 List of Content

Very comprehensive and varied list. Can't think of anything to add.

Originally Posted by cjcherri
Hi there:

Lawrence (CPR holder) and I (USC) and ready to send off our I-751 and as we know the current fee is $205 and it needs 2 passport style photos as well. We have put together a list of contents for our documents, please help us review our lists, let us know if there is anything we might need or not need in the list. We are also thinking about getting letters from family and friends but really feel that it might not be necessary. Our living situation is a little bit odd since we are at a live/work loft and all utilities come in COMPANY name, which we are both owners of the company. We kept some of our company files along with our 751 files as utility bills don't come in my or lawrence's name. Any suggestions on this?

P.O. Box 10751

Our address
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx

M. Lawrence, A #xxxxxxxx

Dear Madam/Sir:

Enclosed please find a joint I-751 petition for removal of conditions on conditional resident status regarding my husband, Lawrence. Please also find a check for $205, the fee for this form. Lawrence obtained her conditional residence in Sept 2004 based on marriage to me, an U.S citizen. We are filing this petition together and submit as evidence required copies of lawrence’s permanent residence card and passport as well as the following documents to show that we are still married and living together as a couple.

Should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at the following numbers and email.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
xxx-xxx-xxxx
[email protected]

Sincerely,

06/05/2006

Table of Contents

Copy.
·Copy of pay slip of wife showing direct deposit in our joint account (not available form lawrence’s Work).
·Copy of cell phone bills showing husband’s number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) as an add on to wife’s number (xxx-xxx-xxxx)
·Copy of Joint Lease(signed in 2004 but went month to month after one year, higher rent when signed new lease)
·Copy of Fictitious Business Name Statement showing joint ownership of (company name) (Operated out of our leased work/live loft) filed on 8/20/2004.
·Copy of newspaper ad showing us operating a small business as husband and wife.
·Etc…
Old May 14th 2006, 10:47 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there:

P.O. Box 10751

Our address
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx

M. Lawrence, A #xxxxxxxx

Dear Madam/Sir:

xxx-xxx-xxxx
xxx-xxx-xxxx
[email protected]

Sincerely,

06/05/2006

Table of Contents

Copy.
·Etc…
May I ask why you intend to send so much evidence?
Old May 14th 2006, 10:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
May I ask why you intend to send so much evidence?
I'm assuming because it is SOP for the majority of filers of the I-751. I know that you sent little evidence and were approved out of hand. However, it cannot be proved one way or the other what is the "correct" amount of evidence to send. A cautionary "overload" submission, IMO, is better than a "elementary" submission of only 3 or 4 pieces of evidence.

I'm also assuming the OP feels as I do.
Old May 14th 2006, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

it's our first time. we don't know how much to send in and this is just the list of stuff that we have in hand. we know not to overkill but can't decide what to take out?

Also, little utility bills that comes in your name/spouse name or both is hard for us to provide since we occoupie a work/loft space and it's treated as industrial space. We do have our credit cards and everything else, good or bad sent to our resident/work.

HELP!!!

Last edited by cjcherri; May 14th 2006 at 10:57 pm. Reason: PS
Old May 14th 2006, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Agree with Rene

luck of experience and don't want to hire a lawyer for simple things like this. We have been doing everything by ourselves since the begining and we are sure that we can do it again this time. We just need to hear others opinion and make necessary changes to our list. Like we said earlier, it is a purposed list, we'd like to hear "What can be taken out or add on?"

We welcome all the different voices.

Thanks all
Old May 14th 2006, 11:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Rene

luck of experience and don't want to hire a lawyer for simple things like this. We have been doing everything by ourselves since the begining and we are sure that we can do it again this time. We just need to hear others opinion and make necessary changes to our list. Like we said earlier, it is a purposed list, we'd like to hear "What can be taken out or add on?"

Thanks all
Hi cj,

I think here you meant you agree with Rete. I know, our names are similar. However, I also agree with Rete, so now you have my input, too!

Best Wishes for a successful removal of conditions!
Rene
Old May 14th 2006, 11:33 pm
Concierge

Agree with Rene

Thanks all
I couldn't be mistaken for a nicer person than Rene. Thanks.

As for the utility bills, don't sweat it. We didn't have any in our name other than the joint cellphone. Here in the Big Apple Con Edison would not allow his name on the bill unless his name was on the lease and his name could not be on the lease without permission of the building management and coop owners because my apartment is rent stabilized.

You can trim down somethings, i.e. tax returns. Since you don't need to prove income just that you filed as a married couple, one should be fine. You can leave out the Business tax affidavit, the long distant from bill, company utility statement, debit cards both business and personal; several joint business cards (one is sufficient); (Remember you are concentrating on personal lives here ;-)))), etc.

You do have a very comprehensive list and if you are wanting to avoid overkill you can delete many of the repetitive business items. The newspaper article and your tax filing will prove that aspect of your careers.

Rete
Old May 15th 2006, 2:15 am
Maxwell

"cjcherri" wrote ...
    > Hi there:
    > Lawrence (CPR holder) and I (USC) and ready to send off our I-751 and
<~>
    > RE: I-751 Joint Petition to Remove Conditions on residence of:
    > M. Lawrence, A #xxxxxxxx
    > Dear Madam/Sir:
    > Enclosed please find a joint I-751 petition for removal of conditions on
<~>
    > Table of Contents
    > ·Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence and fee
    > ·Copy of Permanent resident Card of Lawrence(CPR), front and
back.
    > Copy.
    > ·Copy of Social Security Cards of husband and wife, front and
back.
    > ·Copy of Drivers License of husband and wife, front and back.
    > ·Copy of Passport of husband and wife, showing change of name
    > ·Copies of various joint cards in both of our names.

Just wondering, since you've included easily as comprehensive a package as
any I'd ever heard of, whether a copy of your marriage certificate was
overlooked.
-maxwell

<~>

Old May 15th 2006, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for reading Maxwell

I-751 is for removal of condition on GC.
I gained my CGC from my marriage to my USC wife.
Marriage certificate is not necessary at this point because USCIS has already have many copies of our marriage certificate. I would not need to remove condition if i didn't marry my wife.

i could be wrong but nothing on the I-751 instruction says to include a copy of marriage certificate since WE ARE ALREADY MARRIED and went through AOS. it asks to provide evidence of married life and joint finacial tide, etc...
Old May 15th 2006, 3:24 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm assuming because it is SOP for the majority of filers of the I-751. I know that you sent little evidence and were approved out of hand. However, it cannot be proved one way or the other what is the "correct" amount of evidence to send. A cautionary "overload" submission, IMO, is better than a "elementary" submission of only 3 or 4 pieces of evidence.

I'm also assuming the OP feels as I do.
Sending too much information could be detrimental for filers in that the USCIS staff may see a thick wad of paperwork and delay dealing with it than a slimmer application. Of course, it is debatable whether this really happens but my comment is a reflection of human nature.

For the OP. Just in case you're under the impression from Rete's post that I only sent 3-4 pieces of evidence with my I-751 application, this was not the case. I sent 6-8 items. I can't remember the exact number but it was not as little as four, of that I'm sure.

Also, pretty much all the evidence submitted for my I-751 showed intermingling of finances for me and my USC spouse.
Old May 15th 2006, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, it helps to know that we dont need to send in a big pile of paper works (i bet it's going to be expensive to copy them)10cents a copy maybe?

Anyway, we are trying to condence our paperwork and REALLY want to just send in what's necessary. We would like to make up for the difference on our part for not having joint utility bills in our name (company names only). other than that, we have plenty to show that we are a couple that fights (parbably don't want uscis to know that), we disagree (as of now, we are debating weather to get letters from family and friends or not), we share a life and affections. We would really consider everyone's input and take out some items (maybe related to company as rene suggested and maybe reduce our paper by sending in the first page of each year's state and federal paper work (right, uscis don't need to know our income, don't they already know form the I-864?). Anyway, thanks for everything and we'll keep listening to everyone's voice till we send off our peition.
Old May 15th 2006, 4:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi cj,

I agree with your decision to send only the front page of some items. I'll be doing this next year when it's our time to remove conditions. I intend to send only the page of the bill which shows the utility company name, the amount due, and our names and address. They don't need to see the details of our phone bill or bank statement, for example.

Rene
Old May 15th 2006, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

I was pretty selective with what we sent. We filed in March with CSC so I can't tell you yet if it was successful or not.

I really sat down and thought about different things I was trying to demonstrate about our marriage. Then I included the best pieces of evidence for whatever I was trying to demonstrate. I didn't include every single piece of evidence I had. If something was duplicative, I didn't send both.

So for example, I sent joint bank account statements -- a couple of samples from each year between the time of our AOS interview and the time that I sent in the I-751 packet. Since I was sending bank statements, I did not bother with a letter from the bank saying that we had a joint account with them from X date to Y date -- that would have been redundent.

I had a whole bunch of Christmas cards, wedding invitations etc that were addressed to us both. I picked out the best ones, the ones where people made references to seeing the two of us as a couple. For example, a note from my cousin saying it was nice to see us at the family reunion and thanking my husband for doing all the BBQing.

So here are the categories I tried to demonstrate with my evidence:

Financial comingling:
1) Living out of same checking account (sample statements from joint checking account, direct deposit from both spouses going into account)
2) Joint debts (e.g. joint credit cards, utility bills in each of our names at same address)
3) Inheritance rights (401k/IRA statements showing other spouse as beneficiary)
4) Joint insurance
5) Joint taxes

Joint social lives:
1) Recognition as a couple (social correspondence, pictures with friends and family)
2) Doing things together (vacation air tickets, membership at same gym)
Old May 15th 2006, 3:26 pm
Maxwell

"cjcherri" wrote ...
    > > "cjcherri" wrote ...
    > > > Hi there:
    > > > Lawrence (CPR holder) and I (USC) and ready to send off our I- 751 and
    > > <~>
    > > <~>
    > > > Table of Contents
    > > > ·Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence and fee
    > > > ·Copy of Permanent resident Card of Lawrence(CPR), front and
    > > back.
    > > > Copy.
    > > > ·Copy of Social Security Cards of husband and wife, front and
back.
    > > > ·Copy of Drivers License of husband and wife, front and
back.
    > > > ·Copy of Passport of husband and wife, showing change of name
    > > > ·Copies of various joint cards in both of our names.
    > >
    > > Just wondering, since you've included easily as comprehensive a package
as any I'd ever heard of, whether a copy of your marriage certificate was
    > > overlooked.
    > > -maxwell
    > > <~>

> Thank you so much for reading Maxwell

The pleasure was mine in reading such thorough preparation. Our own
situation had far fewer business-in-common substantiations, so we included
personal witness affidavits, plus extensive annotated photo documentation of
joint visits both domestic and abroad, along with copies of boarding passes
showing adjacent seats on several journeys. No subsequent interview was
required of us.

> I-751 is for removal of condition on GC.

We finalized ours just this past week.

> I gained my CGC from my marriage to my USC wife.
    > Marriage certificate is not necessary at this point because USCIS has
    > already have many copies of our marriage certificate. I would not need
    > to remove condition if i didn't marry my wife.

Nor would you have had the conditional green card coming in on a K-1 had you
not married ;~)

> i could be wrong but nothing on the I-751 instruction says to include a
copy of marriage certificate since WE ARE ALREADY MARRIED and went
    > through AOS. it asks to provide evidence of married life and joint
finacial tide, etc...

I agree it could be seen as redundant; my note went with respect to your
posting of multiple tax returns and multiple joint business-related
documents, i.e., you seemed to favor 'belt and suspenders' (perhaps even two
belts <g>), and also went to what I call 'nincompoop insurance,' with
nincompoop here defined as anyone who might mishandle the paper trail of
your earlier-submitted documentation, or any agent afflicted with an
excessive zeal for details. Not to imply that BCIS is of such nature in
general, while other agencies we've encountered both abroad and locally have
had their, umm, surprises. As one example of such, we recently encountered a
motor vehicle agency supervisor who demanded to see our original marriage
certificate document (we had a copy in hand) before renewing a driver's
license her own agency had issued with the post-marital name change! Go
figure ;~)
Cheers!
-maxwell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.