I-751 Fingerprint notification

I-751 Fingerprint notification

Old Jul 9th 2006, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Olivier is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 Fingerprint notification

Hi,

I mailed the I-751 to TSC a week ago.
I was expecting to receive a NOA with a one year extension of my GC in the mail, instead I just received a Fingerprint Notification asking me to show up at USCIS Houston on 7/18.
After reading other I-751 people's experience on this forum, I couldn't find trace of people having to go through fingerprinting before receiving their one year green card extension.
Has anybody been through the same process? If so, how long did it take you before they extended your green card?
I need to travel outside of the US at the end of August and of course I need the extension before I leave.

Thanks,

Olivier
Old Jul 9th 2006, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

pianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant future
Default Re: I-751 Fingerprint notification

Originally Posted by Olivier
Hi

I was expecting to receive a NOA with a one year extension of my GC in the mail, instead I just received a Fingerprint Notification asking me to show up at USCIS Houston on 7/18.
After reading other I-751 people's experience on this forum, I couldn't find trace of people having to go through fingerprinting before receiving their one year green card extension.
Has anybody been through the same process? If so, how long did it take you before they extended your green card?
I need to travel outside of the US at the end of August and of course I need the extension before I leave.

Thanks,

Olivier
This is very strange. I thought no fingerprinting was necessary for I751 - only an IBIS check done automatically by USCIS. Name checks and fingerprints are usually only done again when applying for citizenship. At least this is what I saw recently on USCIS security check guidelines. Anyone can answer his question, that knows about this?
Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olivier
Hi,

Thanks,

Olivier
It's a mystery! Maybe they are going to process you immediately for your new card?
At any rate, if your FP appointment is in the regular USCIS office (not an ACS), maybe you can get a passport stamp while you are there. I think you will just have to ask some questions when you go for your fingerprints. Whatever it is, it can't really be bad. (fingers crossed )
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately it's an ACS. I remember going there the first time I was fingerprinted for AOS. I doubt they will be able to give me too much info if it's the same people I had to deal with the first time.
Maybe it's a new procedure. Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

Olivier.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

As a follow up, last week I got in the mail the NOA which extended ny green card one year.
Today, I went to the Houston ASC for fingerprinting. I asked them why I had to go through that again. They said my fingerprints had expired and that starting July 1st, it was part of a new process to capture biometrics& fingerprints for I-751.
They also took a picture of me. I guess the photos I sent with my application won't be used.
Oh well, at least they're not using ink anymore...it's digital now at the Houston office.

Olivier
Old Jul 19th 2006, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: I-751 Fingerprint notification

I fail to see why they need to do another set of biometrics for the I-751 process?! Fingerprints don't change and you already have to supply a new set of photos anyway.

Sounds like making work for the ACS and more $$ for the USCIS! Luckily I've already been through it. Only Naturalization to go. Bad luck to those who have still to do it.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:51 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
I fail to see why they need to do another set of biometrics for the I-751 process?! Fingerprints don't change and you already have to supply a new set of photos anyway.

Sounds like making work for the ACS and more $$ for the USCIS! Luckily I've already been through it. Only Naturalization to go. Bad luck to those who have still to do it.
Previous fingerprints taken are stored ....but they are not recoverable ..
just the messenger ... don't blame me ...
Old Jul 19th 2006, 4:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

How is that? It does not cost you. There no additional $70 fee for the biometrics.

FWIW, the digital picture and fingerprint will be used to manufacture your 10 year green card. A big plus since then you don't have to go to the local office to complete a new I-89.

Suggest before you rant, you step back and look at the whole picture. ;-)
Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: I-751 Fingerprint notification

Originally Posted by Rete
How is that? It does not cost you. There no additional $70 fee for the biometrics.

FWIW, the digital picture and fingerprint will be used to manufacture your 10 year green card. A big plus since then you don't have to go to the local office to complete a new I-89.

Suggest before you rant, you step back and look at the whole picture. ;-)
Tell that to the people who are gonna be waiting 6-12 months+ for the name check to be completed ;-)
Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:33 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Tell that to the people who are gonna be waiting 6-12 months+ for the name check to be completed ;-)
Or 2 years even .... Blame your parents for giving you a name that the same as 1000s of others... I wonder how many Osama bin Laden's there are about ..
Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

DUH!

There is a name check anyway. You don't need fingerprints for a name check and every petition you file for a status change requires name clearance.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

canuckshark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
DUH!

There is a name check anyway. You don't need fingerprints for a name check and every petition you file for a status change requires name clearance.
I filed my I-751 on July 13 and got a notice day before (July 25) for biometrics appointment (same place where I had to go for my original AOS biometrics). Received the 12 month extension notice yesterday. My attorney did not include pictures in my I-751 package - wonder if we missed a requirement. I am praying the biometrics is for creating the 10 year GC. Any thoughts? Should I worry? Thank you.

UPDATE: Crud, it looks like I messed up and missed the photograph requirement (and so did my attorney) - how dumb is that? Can someone please help me out and tell me if I can send the pictures after the fact and prior to getting a RFE? I can't believe this - aarrgghhh!

Last edited by canuckshark; Jul 27th 2006 at 1:15 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by canuckshark
I filed my I-751 on July 13 and got a notice day before (July 25) for biometrics appointment (same place where I had to go for my original AOS biometrics). Received the 12 month extension notice yesterday. My attorney did not include pictures in my I-751 package - wonder if we missed a requirement. I am praying the biometrics is for creating the 10 year GC. Any thoughts? Should I worry? Thank you.

UPDATE: Crud, it looks like I messed up and missed the photograph requirement (and so did my attorney) - how dumb is that? Can someone please help me out and tell me if I can send the pictures after the fact and prior to getting a RFE? I can't believe this - aarrgghhh!
They took a picture of me at my biometrics appointment and told me it would be used for my ten years GC.
If everything made perfect sense you shouldn't have to worry about not sending the pictures as most likely it won't be used....
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

did you send your pics along with your I-751?
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

canuckshark is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: I-751 Fingerprint notification

Originally Posted by curiousmelon
did you send your pics along with your I-751?
I did not send pictures in my package - I just called my attorney and she says that it is all biometric based and its not a requirement anymore; hence the appmt for going for biometrics - though the 751 form still specifies pictures. She is telling me not to worry. The attorney worked on my AOS and has proven to be very thorough. Just another thing to worry about!