Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Filed With Waiver - Interview 4/26 Charlotte (Removal of Conditions)

I-751 Filed With Waiver - Interview 4/26 Charlotte (Removal of Conditions)

Old Apr 20th 2006, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Mojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant future
Default I-751 Filed With Waiver - Interview 4/26 Charlotte (Removal of Conditions)

It's taken 2 weeks short of 6 years, but I'm finally getting the interview to have my conditions removed. A little nervous, but I have plenty of evidence and do have an attorney going with me to the interview.

A while back I posted about my change of address situation. Basically sent 3 letters, registered, UPS, FedEX regarding my address change to everywhere I could think of including AR11. Made 2 infopass appointments to local office to confirm they had my current and correct address (I made the appts and 5 hour road trips to and from Charlotte this year. Jan and then again early March). and guess what? i got the appointment letter fowarded to me about 10 days after it arrived at the old incorrect address. You gotta love the fool proof systems.

I know Judith1200 has her I-751 removal of conditions interview on the 24th I think, so hopefully we'll have 2 success stories to post on here regarding I-751 filed with a waiver.

Here's hoping for the best.

Arrived (via k1) and Married in May 00
seperarted Feb 04 and divorced May 05
Refiled with Good faith Waiver June 05
April 18th Received letter for April 26th interview date.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Filed With Waiver - Interview 4/26 Charlotte (Removal of Conditions)

Good luck to you Mojo.

Originally Posted by Mojo418
It's taken 2 weeks short of 6 years, but I'm finally getting the interview to have my conditions removed. A little nervous, but I have plenty of evidence and do have an attorney going with me to the interview.

A while back I posted about my change of address situation. Basically sent 3 letters, registered, UPS, FedEX regarding my address change to everywhere I could think of including AR11. Made 2 infopass appointments to local office to confirm they had my current and correct address (I made the appts and 5 hour road trips to and from Charlotte this year. Jan and then again early March). and guess what? i got the appointment letter fowarded to me about 10 days after it arrived at the old incorrect address. You gotta love the fool proof systems.

I know Judith1200 has her I-751 removal of conditions interview on the 24th I think, so hopefully we'll have 2 success stories to post on here regarding I-751 filed with a waiver.

Old Apr 20th 2006, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant future
Default Re: I-751 Filed With Waiver - Interview 4/26 Charlotte (Removal of Conditions)

Thank you
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

Good luck, Mojo,
share you experience here afterwards
Old Apr 21st 2006, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by curiousmelon
Good luck, Mojo,
share you experience here afterwards
Will do
Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:59 pm
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of

God speed Mojo

Fondly
June
Old Apr 26th 2006, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

All went well. I had my interview today in Charlotte. First thing they did was take 2 finger prints and then had me sign my name on a card, from and back. Went to an office and she swore me in. She asked for my Drivers license and passport, confirmed my address (which was wrong) and then told me she was stamping my passport with a 12 month I-55L stamp, and told me that the Greencard would be in the mail. Could be several months instead of 3 weeks, due to my application (waiver i guess). and that was it. I shook my attorneys hand and drove back to work.

I'm glad it's all over with. Phew!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:01 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

WooHoooo Mojo!
Way to stick with it; I hope it's everything you've dreamed of.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

Wow, Mojo, congratulations!
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
WooHoooo Mojo!
Way to stick with it; I hope it's everything you've dreamed of.
Thanks, just a huge weight off my shoulders. The officer also told me I was eligable for Citizenship. I don't want to give up my British citizenship/passport and so I'll stick with the Greencard.. for now.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:45 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to give up my British citizenship/passport and so I'll stick with the Greencard.. for now.

You wouldn't have to!

Dual citizenship is fine and dandy for most folks.

Read here: www.richw.org/dualcit
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on trumping the big one Mojo. You are going to be the role model here for perseverance and fortitude.

Rete

All went well. I had my interview today in Charlotte. First thing they did was take 2 finger prints and then had me sign my name on a card, from and back. Went to an office and she swore me in. She asked for my Drivers license and passport, confirmed my address (which was wrong) and then told me she was stamping my passport with a 12 month I-55L stamp, and told me that the Greencard would be in the mail. Could be several months instead of 3 weeks, due to my application (waiver i guess). and that was it. I shook my attorneys hand and drove back to work.

Old Apr 27th 2006, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on trumping the big one Mojo. You are going to be the role model here for perseverance and fortitude.

Rete
Thanks. Been a long road, and this site really did help. I'll still post
Old Apr 27th 2006, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You wouldn't have to!

Dual citizenship is fine and dandy for most folks.

Read here: www.richw.org/dualcit
I'm looking into it right now. I was just under the impression the UK did not allow it. Would be nice to have a US and UK passport and be able to vote.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 3:08 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking into it right now. I was just under the impression the UK did not allow it. Would be nice to have a US and UK passport and be able to vote.

You missed the biggest bonus: USCIS off your back for ever!

We played about with the idea quite recently upstairs.

Try: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356150

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.