Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 at CSC filed...got receipt...NOA?

I-751 at CSC filed...got receipt...NOA?

Old Oct 22nd 2002, 9:30 pm
Julie

Default I-751 at CSC filed...got receipt...NOA?

I sent my I-751 to the CSC on Sept 19, 2002. On Sept 23rd they sent me
a receipt. It says my alien card is extended for 1 year and that
processing my form will require a minimum of 330 DAYS!!!! Ouch...does
this mean 330 days until I even get a NOA? UGGGHHHH!

Discouraged....

Old Oct 22nd 2002, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

victor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-751 at CSC filed...got receipt...NOA?

Actually the receipt you got on Sept 23rd is the NOA (notice of action)... the form I believe is I-797 or something. CSC is currently processing I-751 with receipt date of around 5/29/2002. So you can expect another 4 months to receive any communication from the INS... and that would be either a approval/denial or a call for an interview. Lets hope for the best !
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Julie:
I sent my I-751 to the CSC on Sept 19, 2002. On Sept 23rd they sent me
a receipt. It says my alien card is extended for 1 year and that
processing my form will require a minimum of 330 DAYS!!!! Ouch...does
this mean 330 days until I even get a NOA? UGGGHHHH!

Discouraged....
Hi:

The I-797 "NOA" that everyone talks about are generated by the "TIERS" computer database. I-751's are not on the TIERS system, so you will NEVER get the classic "Notice of Action"

The system used to issue I 751 notices is older than TIERS and even harder to change on the times taken.

In any case, don't worry about the time necessary -- you REMAIN a permanent resident while the I-751 is pending.

In fact, in the Los Angeles District at least, if you should file for naturalization when an I-751 is pending, the district will combine the I-751 and N-400 and adjudicate them both toeghter!
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 10:30 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Folinskyinla:

Hi:

The I-797 "NOA" that everyone talks about are generated by the "TIERS" computer database. I-751's are not on the TIERS system, so you will NEVER get the classic "Notice of Action"

The system used to issue I 751 notices is older than TIERS and even harder to change on the times taken.

Just to add a little to what Folinskyinla has posted...

I believe the I-751's are in the MAFIS (is that the correct spelling of this abbreviation?) database. That database is not connected with the INS Direct Phone tracking system, so if you call that number, it will likely say they cannot find any record of your I-751. Don't worry if that happens, as that is normal. My guess is that it won’t be found on the new INS case-tracking page either, as that page seems to only give the same information that is accessible through the INS Direct Phone System.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

PRESIDENT is an unknown quantity at this point

Even while the INS is processing your petition, you are still eligible to apply for Naturalization 90 days prior to your 3rd anniversary of conditional residency ( since you are married to a USCitizen ). There are caveats to the eligibility and those have been discussed on this board before.

Originally posted by Matthew Udall:

Just to add a little to what Folinskyinla has posted...

I believe the I-751's are in the MAFIS (is that the correct spelling of this abbreviation?) database. That database is not connected with the INS Direct Phone tracking system, so if you call that number, it will likely say they cannot find any record of your I-751. Don't worry if that happens, as that is normal. My guess is that it won’t be found on the new INS case-tracking page either, as that page seems to only give the same information that is accessible through the INS Direct Phone System.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Old Oct 24th 2002, 9:22 pm
Julie

Thanks for your response. One more thing: if they needed more info
from me (more documentation), would they contact me before the 4 month
period??? I'm confident I had enough evidence with my petition but
just wondering...

I can't believe they're actually already working on 5/29/02 petitions,
that's encouraging :-)

Julie

victor wrote in message news:...
    > Actually the receipt you got on Sept 23rd is the NOA (notice of
    > action)... the form I believe is I-797 or something. CSC is currently
    > processing I-751 with receipt date of around 5/29/2002. So you can
    > expect another 4 months to receive any communication from the INS... and