I-751 checks

Old Dec 18th 2020, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

lenswipe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 checks

I filed my I-751 in late June/early July(as early as I possibly could as my green card expired in September). With that I included checks - one for the main processing fee, and one for the biometrics fee. I got a receipt notice back acknowledging receipt of what I sent - which I have duly filed and kept. However, they haven't deposited the checks I sent. All together they add up to quite a hefty amount (I forget exactly how much).

Is this normal? I know they take a long time to do anything, but what happens if they come to my application and the checks have expired? Should I call them? Has anyone else experienced this?

There are two items in the case tracker:
  • July 28, 2020 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken
  • July 10, 2020 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

Last edited by lenswipe; Dec 18th 2020 at 10:08 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2020, 10:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 checks

Yes, call them. Normally one of the first things they do is cash the checks. Even with the pandemic I think this is very unusual.

Rene
Old Dec 18th 2020, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah. I'll give them a call on Monday. It's interesting that it says they took fingerprints.
Old Dec 19th 2020, 1:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lenswipe
Yeah. I'll give them a call on Monday. It's interesting that it says they took fingerprints.
Did you not attend a biometrics appointment?

It sounds like your case progressed, but very strange the checks weren't cashed.

Rene
Old Dec 19th 2020, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Did you not attend a biometrics appointment?

It sounds like your case progressed, but very strange the checks weren't cashed.

Rene
I did not. It's possible they just reused the fingerprints from before.
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Currently trying to get through to USCIS. Looks like they've updated their phone system and the automated system asks you straight away when you call why you called in your own words. If you say anything related to payment, it tries to get you to make a payment over the phone. If you ask about your case, it will just read out your case status, if you push buttons or it doesn't know how to help you it just hangs up on you.

It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to get through to an agent. I've even tried saying things like "Report immigration fraud" in the hope of getting the automated system to drop me to a human being, but it just won't. Any ideas?

Last edited by lenswipe; Dec 23rd 2020 at 2:58 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 6:44 pm

Did you try saying "representative" or pressing 0?

Rene
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 6:45 pm

Or try using the "Contact Us" page on their website.

Rene
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Or try using the "Contact Us" page on their website.

Rene
Sure did. "Representative" made it say "there are some things representatives can't help you with, so you'll need to use self service options like our website or this voice activated phone system" or something like that and then it asked me again what I wanted help with
Pressing 0 made it say that it can't understand button presses and to speak in sentences instead. Continuing to press buttons makes it threaten to hang up on you. Continuing to still press buttons does indeed make it hang up.

The contact page just has that phone number. Try it, is literally impossible to get through to anyone.
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 9:25 pm

When I went to the Contact page, a virtual assistant popped up with a chat box, maybe that would work for you?

Rene
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 9:27 pm

I also see an email of [email protected]. maybe an email will get an answer? Your question is kind of related to the lockbox... as in, you sent the checks there but they aren't cashed.

Rene
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 9:41 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Congressional inquiry might be in order.
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 11:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently they are processing your case. You have done the biometrics and you have received the notice of extension so the only thing upsetting you is that you can't find a cancelled check. Are you 100% sure that the money has NOT been taken from your bank account? Have you triple checked your online bank statements? If they have not acknowledged that your case is progressing, I would worry but that is not the case.

USCIS will not process or start the process unless they received payment in full. Now relax and have a happy holiday.
Old Dec 24th 2020, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

To add, are you sure you're checking the correct account that the check is linked to? I remember when we first sent off our package and I thought the check wasn't cashed, but it was actually a check from my wife's account and not mine. Check all accounts you have checks for too. But as others have said USCIS would not be progressing your case if there was a payment issue, you'd get it all back.
Old Dec 26th 2020, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

I also see an email of [email protected]. maybe an email will get an answer? Your question is kind of related to the lockbox... as in, you sent the checks there but they aren't cashed.

Rene
Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Congressional inquiry might be in order.
Yeah, maybe. How do I get that done?

Originally Posted by Rete
Apparently they are processing your case. You have done the biometrics and you have received the notice of extension so the only thing upsetting you is that you can't find a cancelled check. Are you 100% sure that the money has NOT been taken from your bank account? Have you triple checked your online bank statements? If they have not acknowledged that your case is progressing, I would worry but that is not the case.

USCIS will not process or start the process unless they received payment in full. Now relax and have a happy holiday.
Yes, I'm 100% sure those checks haven't been deposited. The only checks that have gone out have been the ones I write to my landlady.

Originally Posted by Maste
To add, are you sure you're checking the correct account that the check is linked to? I remember when we first sent off our package and I thought the check wasn't cashed, but it was actually a check from my wife's account and not mine. Check all accounts you have checks for too. But as others have said USCIS would not be progressing your case if there was a payment issue, you'd get it all back.
Yep. I definitely am. I wrote the checks from my checking account. The only checking account that I have. I know what you mean about them not processing it if there was a payment issue - I just don't want them to get to a certain point, then after months of waiting try to deposit the checks, have them not go through and then chuck the whole thing out and penalize me by making me start again and screwing up my green card extension.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.