Reload this Page >

I-751 - Check cashed but no paperwork

I-751 - Check cashed but no paperwork

Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:42 am
Just Joined

FlGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 - Check cashed but no paperwork

Hi all,

Hopefully I will post this correctly as this is my first post in an immigration forum.

We mailed the I-751 papers on 03/11/2008 and on 03/18/2008 the check was cashed. To date we have not received any type of paperwork or letter stating the application was received. My husbands card expires on 04/24/2008 and we are wondering if we should have any concerns or if at that time we haven't heard anything should we make contact to find out what is happening?

I understand you can check your status online but obviously we do not have a reference number to use.

We are in Florida and submitted to Texas. Having read the other threads I'm assuming there is a good chance it (the application) will be transfered.

Is it typical to be called for an interview or is that a random occurance?

Our two years went by really fast and I can't believe we are going through this process again.

I understand we are in early stages but any advice would be appreciated.

Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:02 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 - Check cashed but no paperwork

Originally Posted by FlGirl
Hi all,

Hopefully I will post this correctly as this is my first post in an immigration forum.

We mailed the I-751 papers on 03/11/2008 and on 03/18/2008 the check was cashed. To date we have not received any type of paperwork or letter stating the application was received. My husbands card expires on 04/24/2008 and we are wondering if we should have any concerns or if at that time we haven't heard anything should we make contact to find out what is happening?

I understand you can check your status online but obviously we do not have a reference number to use.

We are in Florida and submitted to Texas. Having read the other threads I'm assuming there is a good chance it (the application) will be transfered.

Our two years went by really fast and I can't believe we are going through this process again.

I understand we are in early stages but any advice would be appreciated.

Online status even with a ref number might not help alot of us signed up for notices and I for one never got anything in 3 years. (an online status)

Interviews we discuss this topic quiet a bit and there does not really seem to be any set pattern.

Even if the card expires he is still in status until a discission is made

Last edited by Poppy girl; Apr 8th 2008 at 10:32 am. Reason: to clarify a comment.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If you want, you can make an Infopass appointment at your local office, to see if they can check whether the 1-year extension letter was mailed out to you.

If you can view the back of your cancelled check, there should be a case number written on the back. You can try using this to see if your case is in the online status system yet.

Could be.

The only two reasons I know of for someone to have an interview, is that USCIS has questions about your case (rare), or that you are selected for quality control purposes (very rare).

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:00 am
ILM
Forum Regular

ILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really nice

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Online status even with a ref number might not help alot of us signed up for notices and I for one never got anything in 3 years.

Interviews we discuss this topic quiet a bit and there does not really seem to be any set pattern.

Even if the card expires he is still in status until a discission is made
how long is it typical to wait then,? surely, one would be very concerned with a green card thats expired and heard nothing for 3 years. !! or did i read this wrong?

ILM
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:13 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM
how long is it typical to wait then,? surely, one would be very concerned with a green card thats expired and heard nothing for 3 years. !! or did i read this wrong?

ILM
She's saying her online status never showed up. She did receive real paperwork in real life.

Rene
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:14 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

We mailed the I-751 papers on 03/11/2008 and on 03/18/2008 the check was cashed. To date we have not received any type of paperwork or letter stating the application was received.
Welcome! You did a great job; all the facts & details there.

The receipting has been messed up from USCIS for the past several months, but you've been patient enough for now; others have been reporting receipt of their notices.
Have you moved since the original admission to PR status (I-485 or Immigrant Visa entry)?

I'd recommend that you call the MisInformation customer service number to see if they can look up your case.

No matter the answer, I would also start thinking about making an InfoPass appointment for your District Office to ask about getting an I-551 stamp in your husband's passport.
They can also look up your file there and give you more detailed info than the 1-800# people can.

Either the receipt notice letter or the I-551 stamp will be evidence of status for your husband.
Do you also have proof of mailing (well, you've got the cashed payment). Take either/both of those with you as proof that you filed on time.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:55 pm
ILM
Forum Regular

ILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
She's saying her online status never showed up. She did receive real paperwork in real life.

Rene
Phew !!thanks for the clearup

ILM
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

The check was cashed 3 weeks ago ....bit early to worry yet..
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:21 am
Just Joined

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Some very good advice and it is appreciated.

I will look at the back of our check and give that a try. If by the expiration date we still haven't heard anything I think we will make the appointment and get the proper stamp in his passport just for our own peace of mind.

Could someone point me in the direction of how/where to find the local office listing and also the Info phone number that was mentioned above?

Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:23 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Some very good advice and it is appreciated.

I will look at the back of our check and give that a try. If by the expiration date we still haven't heard anything I think we will make the appointment and get the proper stamp in his passport just for our own peace of mind.

Could someone point me in the direction of how/where to find the local office listing and also the Info phone number that was mentioned above?

http://infopass.uscis.gov/
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:24 am
Just Joined

wow! Talk about fast reply!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:49 am
Just Joined

Well I did find a number on the back of my check so I tried to register for status updates but didn't have any luck. It says the case # is wrong and unfortunately the 1-800 # won't verify what is wrong. I guess we will wait for the letter (which she said we should receive within 30 days so we are close anyway....but I'll believe it when I see it).

She did say that the three letter combination and 10 numbers following should be the case number but no joy. Does anyone know if the website is case sensitive? The handwriting is poor so I can't tell if they have used both capital and lower case letters. The three letters are SRC.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:06 am

Well I did find a number on the back of my check so I tried to register for status updates but didn't have any luck. It says the case # is wrong and unfortunately the 1-800 # won't verify what is wrong. I guess we will wait for the letter (which she said we should receive within 30 days so we are close anyway....but I'll believe it when I see it).

She did say that the three letter combination and 10 numbers following should be the case number but no joy. Does anyone know if the website is case sensitive? The handwriting is poor so I can't tell if they have used both capital and lower case letters. The three letters are SRC.
It can take a long time for your case number to get entered into the online status, and sometimes never, so don't worry about that. Even if it shows up online, the updates are not all that reliable anyway.

Rene
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:52 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

You need to know your Local Office (btw, District, Local and Field Office are used seemingly interchangeably with USCIS) to make an InfoPass appointment.

Find yours by zip code here: USCIS Service and Office Locator

No appointments may be available immediately; don't wait too long to set your appointment. You can always cancel it later if you don't need to use it.

The number on the back of the check often doesn't work. You could try substituting TSC for SRC in your number, though.

If you have not received your Receipt Notice I-797C, I think it's unlikely that it will come before the card expires, unless you do some intervention.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:40 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Scratch that, already mentioned in another post

Last edited by rincewind; Apr 9th 2008 at 8:42 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.