Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 at Cali Service Center

I-751 at Cali Service Center

Old Sep 24th 2006, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

jasonabc will become famous soon enough
Default I-751 at Cali Service Center

Hey - we submitted our I-751 to the California Service Center three weeks ago. The instructions on the form said to send in a cashier's check - so I have no idea if and when it was cashed. We received the return receipt back that it was delivered successfully but have received nothing else (NOA or otherwise) since.

Is this normal or should I give them a call?

Also - if the greencard expires while the I-751 is being processed I understand my employment status is ok - but what about leaving the country and coming back in (say after a short vacation?). We are off to the uK in December and my Greencard expires in November....

thanks!
Old Sep 25th 2006, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Piggy2 has a brilliant futurePiggy2 has a brilliant futurePiggy2 has a brilliant futurePiggy2 has a brilliant futurePiggy2 has a brilliant futurePiggy2 has a brilliant futurePiggy2 has a brilliant future
Default Re: I-751 at Cali Service Center

Once your application has been accepted you will get a NOA that states the extention of your PR and travel authorization for 1 year.

I assume there is something with the payment, call them and find out what they mean by cashier check... never heard
Old Sep 25th 2006, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Are you asking if it's normal to submit an app 3 weeks ago & not hear anything yet? Yes - totally normal.

Where did you get the cashier's check from? Contact that establishment and ask them how to trace it - they should be able to tell you if it's been cashed.

Originally Posted by jasonabc
Hey - we submitted our I-751 to the California Service Center three weeks ago. The instructions on the form said to send in a cashier's check - so I have no idea if and when it was cashed. We received the return receipt back that it was delivered successfully but have received nothing else (NOA or otherwise) since.

Is this normal or should I give them a call?

Old Sep 25th 2006, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

jasonabc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Piggy2
I assume there is something with the payment, call them and find out what they mean by cashier check... never heard
The instructions on the I-751 say:

"All checks and money orders must be drawn on a bank or other institution located in the United States"

i.e. a cashier's check.

I'll phone HSBC and ask them if it's been cashed yet.

cheers

Jason
Old Sep 25th 2006, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

The instructions on the I-751 say:

"All checks and money orders must be drawn on a bank or other institution located in the United States"

i.e. a cashier's check.

I'll phone HSBC and ask them if it's been cashed yet.

cheers

Jason
They took my personal check, which also fits under the description of "drawn on a bank located in the United States".

We received our extension letter about 2-3 weeks after filing with CSC -- that was back in late March/April timeframe. Conditions were lifted June 1.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

vivsavage955 is an unknown quantity at this point

The instructions on the form said to send in a cashier's check
They most certainly do not. The instructions say: "All checks and money orders must be drawn on a bank or other institution located in the United States."

This can be a personal check or cashier's check, or you can pay with a money order. The only restriction is that the issuing institution must be located/incorporated within the USA.

I'm not sure how you got "cashier's check required" out of the instructions, but that isn't the requirement. It is, however, an acceptable form of payment so long as the issuing bank is a US one.