I-751 biometrics

Old Dec 27th 2006, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

haozi101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 biometrics

I am scheduled to have my biometrics at Cincinnati on Dec 29th at 9:00am. But since I am on my vacation and won't be able to return until Dec 31st, then I have to reschedule my appointment. In the ASC appointment notice from USCIS, it states that "if you are unable to appear at this time, you may go on any FOLLOWING Wednesday at the same time noted above as long as you appear before 3/15/2007". So I guess all I need to do is to show up on Jan 3 or Jan 10 at 9:00 for my appointment, then I will be fine. I don't need to call 1800 to reschedule or anything, right?

Another thing that confused me a little is that when we applied I-751, we put down indianapolis as our residence address since we live there, but we put my parents-in-law's address in Ohio as our mailing address since we will move quite often. The NOA and ASC biometrics appointment were both mailed to my parents-in-law's place in Ohio, but at the same time, my fingerprint was also scheduled in Cincinnati, Ohio (I thought I would be scheduled in Indianapolis since we live there). Anyway, we will just have to drive down to Cincy to get biometrics done. But my concern is that we might move to Maryland sometimes soon (possibly next Feb) due to job. But we will still like to keep my parents-in-law's address as our mailing address. Do I still need to file AR-11 and I-865? (We already did both when we moved from Ohio to Indiana) and on I-865 receipt notice, our residence address in indianapolis didn't even show up in the letter, instead it was my parent-in-law address. So I am wondering next time when I move and we don't change our mailing address, will USCIS mail everything (actual 10 year green card) to our mailing address? I mean after I am done with my biometrics appointment in Cincinnati, all I have to is to wait for their decision notice.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 9:59 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 biometrics

Originally Posted by haozi101
I don't need to call 1800 to reschedule or anything, right?
Right.

Do I still need to file AR-11 and I-865?
Yes, it is the law.

So I am wondering next time when I move and we don't change our mailing address, will USCIS mail everything (actual 10 year green card) to our mailing address?
As you've already discovered, the AR-11 is *not* a "change of address" form such as you might get from the post office. Stuff will probably be sent to whatever your "mailing" address is. You *must* still file the AR-11.

Ian