Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Aprroval to receiving notice timeline

I-751 Aprroval to receiving notice timeline

Old Nov 10th 2004, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

gaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nice
Default I-751 Aprroval to receiving notice timeline

Hi Guys-

I had a quick question regarding I-751 at VSC. I looked around the best I could for an answer on previous posts, but could not find one yet. When other VSCers have recently received approval notices for the I-751 from VSC what was the timeframe from then the case was adjudicated and approved at VSC to the time you got the actual notice.

I am in a unique situation where I know my case was approved since I was in the Boston office last Friday, but have not received anything in the mail. The case was approved last Thursday and I was hoping to carry the approval notice along with my temp 551 stamp when I traveled. But, I am unsure if that wait is like 2 weeks from adjudication to receiving the notice or whether it should be longer/shorter.

Thanks much
-- Gaude.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

AGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the rough
Arrow Re: I-751 Aprroval to receiving notice timeline

gaude:

Didn't you get a stamp showing that your conditions were removed when you were in Boston last week? Didn't they asked you for pictures to process your new card?
Old Nov 10th 2004, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I-751 Aprroval to receiving notice timeline

Originally Posted by gaude
Hi Guys-

I had a quick question regarding I-751 at VSC. I looked around the best I could for an answer on previous posts, but could not find one yet. When other VSCers have recently received approval notices for the I-751 from VSC what was the timeframe from then the case was adjudicated and approved at VSC to the time you got the actual notice.

I am in a unique situation where I know my case was approved since I was in the Boston office last Friday, but have not received anything in the mail. The case was approved last Thursday and I was hoping to carry the approval notice along with my temp 551 stamp when I traveled. But, I am unsure if that wait is like 2 weeks from adjudication to receiving the notice or whether it should be longer/shorter.

Thanks much
-- Gaude.
The approval notice is academic at this point since you've already been processed for the I-89 at Boston. The ADIT stamp is all that matters - the approval letter doesn't add anything.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

gaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nice

Originally Posted by AGUILA
gaude:

Didn't you get a stamp showing that your conditions were removed when you were in Boston last week? Didn't they asked you for pictures to process your new card?
Yes, they did to both questions. Sounds like the card will take 3-6 months from what I have seen. The stamp on the passport "felt" light for traveling internationally, so I was going to carry the letter also. Sounds like it is a non issue though.

Thanks
-- Gaude
Old Nov 10th 2004, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AGUILA
gaude:

Aguila -

I assume when you mean a "stamp showing your conditions were removed", you mean the temporary evidence of permanent residence stamp? I did get that, but the only difference between that and the other temporary evidence stamp I had when I-751 was pending is that the officer did not write "I-751 pending". Other than that, it looked identical to the stamp I got when my 751 was pending.

Thanks
-- Gaude
Old Nov 10th 2004, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

chiguedna has a brilliant futurechiguedna has a brilliant futurechiguedna has a brilliant futurechiguedna has a brilliant futurechiguedna has a brilliant futurechiguedna has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gaude
Hi Guys-

Thanks much
-- Gaude.
To answer your question. I am aware of two that were recently approved and the time between approval and receiving the actual letter was between 5 and 7 days. But the others are right, if you have the stamp and paper work already submitted for the new gc then the approval letter is just something for your scrapbook.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chiguedna
To answer your question. I am aware of two that were recently approved and the time between approval and receiving the actual letter was between 5 and 7 days. But the others are right, if you have the stamp and paper work already submitted for the new gc then the approval letter is just something for your scrapbook.
heh, just got a call from my wife saying that the notice showed up in the mail. All set on this issue. Now, if I can get the actual card before Dec 13, wouldn't that be something!!! Onto Citizenship...

Cheers
-- Gaude.