Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Approved w/o Interview (VSC)

I-751 Approved w/o Interview (VSC)

Old Sep 10th 2004, 3:24 am
omo
Naija Brigade

omo is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking I-751 Approved w/o Interview (VSC)

Well, whaddaya know!

Hubby and I came home from work today (9 September) and read a letter from the USCIS saying in the first line:

[QUOTE]
"Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your resident status has been approved."
[UNQUOTE]

Truthfully, we were not expecting to receive a response until 2005 since VSC has been sooooo slow in adjudicating these petitions, (We filed in February 2004) but alas, I'm certainly not complaining.

The letter further states that we MUST obtain a new alien registration receipt card (for the 10-year greencard), but I'm wondering if it would be worth it since we're about to file the N-400 in 3 months and have no plans to travel in the near future. Also, since Day 1, we've been dealing with the VSC/Baltimore offices and NOW they say we should go to Arlington, VA office to get the I-551 stamp if we do decide to travel, which is far out of our way than Baltimore??? (Now I'm wondering if they erred in this aspect.)

I'm treading new "territory" here so I'd welcome some input from those who've gone through this specific process already (on obtaining the 10-year GC before N-400.) Appreciate it.

Otherwise, on to Naturalization! Yeah Baybee!!!!! (Almost there!)

Last edited by omo; Sep 10th 2004 at 3:39 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

willesd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-751 Approved w/o Interview (VSC)

Omo and her husband,

Congratuations!

I thought you guys filed your I-751 later than I did, even though your grant of CPR was earlier than mine. Now I have to wonder if VSC processes I-751 based on the order of CPR grant not on the dates of I-751 filing. I wonder if Andy in VA got his approval of I-751.

Andy, please let us know if you are still around.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by omo
Well, whaddaya know!

Hubby and I came home from work today (9 September) and read a letter from the USCIS saying in the first line:

"Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your resident status has been approved."

Truthfully, we were not expecting to receive a response until 2005 since VSC has been sooooo slow in adjudicating these petitions, (We filed in February 2004) but alas, I'm certainly not complaining.

The letter further states that we MUST obtain a new alien registration receipt card (for the 10-year greencard), but I'm wondering if it would be worth it since we're about to file the N-400 in 3 months and have no plans to travel in the near future. Also, since Day 1, we've been dealing with the VSC/Baltimore offices and NOW they say we should go to Arlington, VA office to get the I-551 stamp if we do decide to travel, which is far out of our way than Baltimore??? (Now I'm wondering if they erred in this aspect.)

I'm treading new "territory" here so I'd welcome some input from those who've gone through this specific process already (on obtaining the 10-year GC before N-400.) Appreciate it.

Old Sep 10th 2004, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

AGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the rough
Arrow Re: I-751 Approved w/o Interview (VSC)

omo:

Congratulations. Thank you very much for coming back here and posting your timeline. VSC is really speeding up... I will not be surprise if they show a new processing time of 3/1/04 for I-751's in the next report.

You should go and apply for your new green card you never know. Besides I
think you need a copy of it to send it with your N-400.

You could go to your local office with that approval letter and get the new stamp and apply for your new green card. They probably made a mistake.

Would you kindly share which one was the exact date on the NOA for the I-751?
Old Sep 10th 2004, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats....
Old Sep 10th 2004, 7:55 pm
omo
Naija Brigade

Originally Posted by AGUILA
omo:

Congratulations. Thank you very much for coming back here and posting your timeline. VSC is really speeding up... I will not be surprise if they show a new processing time of 3/1/04 for I-751's in the next report.

You should go and apply for your new green card you never know. Besides I
think you need a copy of it to send it with your N-400.

You could go to your local office with that approval letter and get the new stamp and apply for your new green card. They probably made a mistake.

Would you kindly share which one was the exact date on the NOA for the I-751?
Thanks Aquila;

When I get home I'll post the NOA date for the NG.

ETA: Does anyone know what the symbol "IF1" stands for?
Old Sep 10th 2004, 8:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=omo]Well, whaddaya know!

[UNQUOTE]

Have they? We filed in May of 2003, fingerprinted in July, interview December 1 and oath on December 12, 2003. Yes, I know a little fast tracked but it is possible.

Mike's, the FAQ Guy, wife took almost two years to go in and get hers only because she didn't plan on traveling and never plans on becoming a US citizen.

Me, personally? I would not want to be without concrete proof of my status. And emergencies do arise that might take you out of the country. Why wait when it is so easy to get an Infopass appointment and just get it done.

Rete

edited to read 2003 ;-)
Old Sep 10th 2004, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by omo
Thanks Aquila;

When I get home I'll post the NOA date for the NG.

ETA: Does anyone know what the symbol "IF1" stands for?
IF1
Alien whose record of admission is created upon the conclusion of a
valid marriage contract after entering as a fiance or fiancee of a
U.S. citizen
Old Sep 15th 2004, 1:05 pm
omo
Naija Brigade

Thumbs up Re: I-751 Approved w/o Interview (VSC)

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
IF1
Alien whose record of admission is created upon the conclusion of a
valid marriage contract after entering as a fiance or fiancee of a
U.S. citizen
Thanks for the symbol clarification.