I-751 approval nebraska, husband wife live apart

I-751 approval nebraska, husband wife live apart

Old May 12th 2007, 4:07 pm
kkg
Just Joined

kkg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 approval nebraska, husband wife live apart

hi everyone,

my message is for everyone who are in the same situation as mine where husband and wife live apart due to work/school etc. i applied I-751 in august 2006, got interviewed in april 2007 and just received my 10 year permanant residency card in may 2007. on a different note, the NSC is a bit slower in processing than other centers. anyway, the bottom line is "DONT WORRY" that u are living apart. if ur case is genuine it will get approved. me and my wife are living apart for the past 3.5 years. in fact, i got my initial AOS approved for conditional residency in 2004 while we are still staying apart.

what we dont have
we DON'T have joint house leases/mortgages, no joint bank accounts, no joint vehicle related stuff, no joint health insurances, no joint credit cards etc..

what we submitted
travel/vacation itineraries, phone records, some photos, joint retirement plan, employer/school official letters stating our current employment positions, joint TAX returns (very important). thats it.

interview
both husband and wife must attend. took 15 minutes. took some notarized affidavits from family and friends. the officer was very nice. explained our situation. she took a note of it. no hard questions. be honest and be urself. u dont have to pretend. the officers understand that life doesn't always follow as per the USCIS guidelines. at the end of the interview, she did not tell us whether it is approved or not. however, i did a walk-in biometrics the same day. she said that i will receive the decision by mail and eventually my case was approved and got my GC.

last but not the least. I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THE FOLKS IN THIS FORUM INCLUDING THE MODERATOR FOR DOING SUCH A WONDERFULL JOB AND TAKING TIME OFF THEIR BUSY SCHEDULES AND ANSWERING QUESTIONS. HATS OFF TO U GUYS. U ROCK.

i will try to do my best to stay in this forum and answer any questions/clarifications/doubts to the best of my knowledge. i havent been actively involved in this forum so far because i don't know the outcome of my situatuion till now and any advice i would have given u will be without any supportive evidence. now that i have my case approved, i can provide some insights pertaining to the situation where the husband and wife live apart.

thanks again.