Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Affidavit question

I-751 Affidavit question

Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

Matthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really nice
Default I-751 Affidavit question

I'll be filing my I-751 jointly with my wife in just over a month. In the instructions for the form regarding the affidavits, it reads "Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above."

The types of evidence listed above are joint tax returns etc - no problem. But does it mean that you need to supply documents specifically to support the affidavits? Or does it just mean file the documents to prove my wife and I have not married out of convenience AND supply affidavits?

If the affidavits themselves do need to be supported, what kind of documents would they be looking for?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Affidavit question

Affidavits are not required, but you may include them if you wish. Have them notarized if you use them.

Other types of evidence are essentially the same things you brought to your AOS interview (and do not necessarily have to do with the affidavits). Evidence of joint finances and joint social lives.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 12:33 am
Just Joined

Matthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really nice
Default Re: I-751 Affidavit question

Thanks very much!