I-751 (2007 Only)

Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 (2007 Only)

Originally Posted by rolland
And by the way , today feb. 25 would be my first day when I would have the legal right to apply for citizenship. Unffortunately I didn't get my 10 years GC , so ... I can't apply!
Thanks rincewind, but are you sure about this?
Yes, you can! You don't need to have the I-751 adjudicated before filing for naturalization.

File the N-400 when you qualify. If, by the time you have the interview for naturalization, your I-751 is still not adjudicated, the officer has the power to do so on the spot, and then approve your N-400 as well.

Rene
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:54 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny

Would it be too simplistic to suggest a rule change to allow people to file six months prior to GC "expiration" if it's going to take six months?
Way too simplistic. Changing the rules like that would result in an influx of applications which would then take even longer to process, and probably a backlog. Would they catch up eventually? Maybe, maybe not, but who knows, by then it may only take them 3 months to process them anyway.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rolland
Unffortunately I didn't get my 10 years GC , so ... I can't apply!
Sure you can! You don't need an approved I-751 to apply.

Ian
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:18 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Sure you can! You don't need an approved I-751 to apply.

Ian
Goody - i just realised can apply in May!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:47 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

The Wiki article on Naturalization has all the resources you need to see when you qualify to apply:

Naturalization US Citizenship Resources
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Teajay will become famous soon enoughTeajay will become famous soon enough

Lulu204, sorry so long to answer your question.

I live in a rural area so all our mailing goes to a post office that I pick up in town.

On the form they ask for mailing address if it is different from out home or physical address.

USCIC then tried mailing my correspondence to the physical address and since we don't get delivery to this address the post office returned the mail. It doesn't seem to matter that there is only about 200 people in out little town and that everybody knows each other and the postmistress knows us. She still put the mail in the return basket.