I-693 for K1 AOS

Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

carly_j_webb is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile I-693 for K1 AOS

Hi,

Very quick question, will I actually need to visit a civil surgeon to get the I-693 signed? Or can I post the form to them to be signed if I contact them first?

I would have already had a full medical in the UK and vaccinnations are all up to date so should not need a full medical in the USA.

What circumstance would require me to have a full medical in the USA?

Thanks, Carly
Old Sep 4th 2013, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-693 for K1 AOS

Originally Posted by carly_j_webb
... will I actually need to visit a civil surgeon to get the I-693 signed? Or can I post the form to them to be signed if I contact them first?
You can do either. If you trust him to review your vaccination history and sign off on the form, do it via mail. If it was me, though, I'd go in person... just to be sure!

What circumstance would require me to have a full medical in the USA?
There's only one circumstance where that would happen - the civil surgeon is an arse and insists on a full medical. I wouldn't necessarily dismiss that as beyond the realm of possibility... because you must have the form signed and there are only so many people authorized to sign. A number of people report having to do the full medical again.

Ian
Old Sep 4th 2013, 1:28 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

If your DS-3025 indicates all vaccinations either had or recommended waived, you should not need to visit a Civil Surgeon or submit I-693.

Regards, JEff
Old Sep 4th 2013, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

carly_j_webb is an unknown quantity at this point

On the form instructions even if you do not require a medical you are still required to complete part of the form and have it signed by a civil surgeon?
Old Sep 4th 2013, 2:49 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see that in the I-485 instructions.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by carly_j_webb
On the form instructions even if you do not require a medical you are still required to complete part of the form and have it signed by a civil surgeon?