I-134 support and Change of Address woes

Wikiposts

I-134 support and Change of Address woes

Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:16 am
Just Joined

teamroberts is an unknown quantity at this point
Question I-134 support and Change of Address woes

Hi all,

This is our first post. My fiancée and I have applied for a K-1 visa for myself. We've gone through the stresses of the petition and the packet 3 and the medical..
I have my interview scheduled for January

I have a couple of questions....

Firstly, with regards to the I-134... What supporting documents do we really need (London office)? We have a letter from her employer in the US, a letter from her bank documenting her balance and her custom for the past 12 months.
I am concerned that she doesn't have the IRS tax transcripts? Are these needed? Any idea how quickly they can be processed? She lives in California.
This is the biggest thing that's worrying me, I've seen other threads by people saying they have been put on the Additional processing list because they don't have these forms?! Is this true?

Also, her tenancy at her current house is expiring JUST before I would be due to come over :-s
Meaning she would be living somewhere different to the address listed on my K-1.
Any ideas what we need to do about this? She may even move just after my interview :-/

Thanks for your help!!
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-134 support and Change of Address woes

Originally Posted by teamroberts
Firstly, with regards to the I-134... What supporting documents do we really need (London office)? We have a letter from her employer in the US, a letter from her bank documenting her balance and her custom for the past 12 months.
She also needs to provide a few recent pay stubs and proof of her US citizenship.

I am concerned that she doesn't have the IRS tax transcripts? Are these needed? Any idea how quickly they can be processed? She lives in California.
Yes, she should provide the most recent 3 years of tax returns, unless she didn't earn enough to warrant filing one. She can either call IRS to get the tax transcripts (takes about a week to arrive in the mail), or she can simply photocopy her own entire tax return (if she does this, she must include copies of the W-2 or 1099 statements). She does not need the W-2 or 1099s if she does the tax transcripts.

This is the biggest thing that's worrying me, I've seen other threads by people saying they have been put on the Additional processing list because they don't have these forms?! Is this true?
If you are missing anything at the interview, you will be given a note letting you know what to provide, and then you'll have time to gather up the document(s) and return them to the embassy. When the embassy receives the info from you, they will process your visa.

Also, her tenancy at her current house is expiring JUST before I would be due to come over :-s
Meaning she would be living somewhere different to the address listed on my K-1.
Any ideas what we need to do about this? She may even move just after my interview :-/
It shouldn't be a problem for the USC to move right now. If YOU move, you'll have to notify the embassy. But if she moves, that's fine...when you come through the POE, if she has a different address than the one on your forms, then you can let the POE officer know.

Rene
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:15 am
Just Joined

teamroberts is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: I-134 support and Change of Address woes

Originally Posted by Noorah101
She also needs to provide a few recent pay stubs and proof of her US citizenship.

Yes, she should provide the most recent 3 years of tax returns, unless she didn't earn enough to warrant filing one. She can either call IRS to get the tax transcripts (takes about a week to arrive in the mail), or she can simply photocopy her own entire tax return (if she does this, she must include copies of the W-2 or 1099 statements). She does not need the W-2 or 1099s if she does the tax transcripts.

If you are missing anything at the interview, you will be given a note letting you know what to provide, and then you'll have time to gather up the document(s) and return them to the embassy. When the embassy receives the info from you, they will process your visa.

It shouldn't be a problem for the USC to move right now. If YOU move, you'll have to notify the embassy. But if she moves, that's fine...when you come through the POE, if she has a different address than the one on your forms, then you can let the POE officer know.

Rene
Thank you SO much! Just Dotting all the i's and Crossing all the t's!
:-D

She has just called IRS now and requested a copy of the transcript, due to it being Christmas and New Year in the next couple of weeks we're going to have her scan and email the forms to me AND post them -- hopefully they'll arrive before the interview!
I think we're pretty much covered with everything else.
We have both of our birth certificates, my passport obviously, photos and receipts of visits SINCE our engagement, email transcripts, skype invoices and call logs - what an amazing invention and such a life saver eh?!, police certificate + copy, medical which should already be at the embassy, I think that covers everything...
Oh, the DS230 part 2, ?I-797 Approval notice (NOA2), in fact all of the petition paperwork!

I think I'll be spending Christmas at the photocopier! ;-)
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Jade84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rene
I have a question regarding this as well.

My dad completed the I-134 for my UK fiance, since I don't make enough money to show that I can support us. I have his AOS and the required evidence for that, however, do I still need to provide tax and financial info for myself? I thought that if he showed that he would support both of us, my info isn't really needed in the K-1 interview.

Is that right?
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jade84

My dad completed the I-134 for my UK fiance, since I don't make enough money to show that I can support us. I have his AOS and the required evidence for that, however, do I still need to provide tax and financial info for myself? I thought that if he showed that he would support both of us, my info isn't really needed in the K-1 interview.

Is that right?
If you have it available, doesn't hurt to include it, in case the ConOff wants to see. But in general, since your dad is the sponsor, you don't need to provide your own income information, no.

You might want to include your tax returns, though, just in case.

Rene
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:25 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

J,

Should be right. But have your own sponsorship package available to your fiance just in case an insistent consular officer demands it.

Regards, JEff

Is that right?
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Ok, thats no problem then. I can get the tax returns from my accountant, or at least copies. Do they NEED to be originals? All of that stuff is in America so I'll be really rushed to find everything and get it sent over here in time for his interview, which will be in January. I'm only here for Christmas at the moment.

This is what I got from my dad regarding the AOS and additional proof of income:

*completed I-134
*letter from employer showing salary analysis
*bank account info including balance (up to date and yearly)
*second bank account info
*letter from bank stating how much he has in a CD and savings account

He didn't send any income tax information. Should he have? And if so, what am I missing?
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:39 am

Ok, thats no problem then. I can get the tax returns from my accountant, or at least copies. Do they NEED to be originals?
It's a good idea to bring originals of anything you are submitting a copy of.

This is what I got from my dad regarding the AOS and additional proof of income:
*completed I-134
*letter from employer showing salary analysis
*bank account info including balance (up to date and yearly)
*second bank account info
*letter from bank stating how much he has in a CD and savings account
Is he using his salary alone to meet the income requirement? Is he using assets (savings and CD accounts) to supplement his lack of income? Seems to me you are missing a few of his pay stubs to prove his salary income. If he is not using the savings at all, he doesn't need to include bank information. Of course if he IS using his savings to supplement his income to meet the income requirement, then yes, include the bank info.

He didn't send any income tax information. Should he have?
Yes.

And if so, what am I missing?
Seem to be missing your dad's most recent 3 years of tax returns. I also didn't see proof of his US Citizenship on your list.

Rene
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Jade84

Just to clarify - you're mentioning 'AOS' but you haven't had the K1 interview yet....correct? AOS usually stands for Adjustment of Status - a process after the K1 has been issued. Is that what you were referring to?
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
Jade84

Just to clarify - you're mentioning 'AOS' but you haven't had the K1 interview yet....correct? AOS usually stands for Adjustment of Status - a process after the K1 has been issued. Is that what you were referring to?
Jade meant "Affidavit of Support" when she referred to AOS here.

Rene
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Jade84

Oops, no, sorry - I was referring to Affidavit of Support.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Oops, no, sorry - I was referring to Affidavit of Support.

I'll go back to sleep.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

What I have is a letter from his employer showing his monthly salary and what he makes annually. This is dated Oct 9, 2009. His salary should be enough to cover it (its 57,000/year), but he included the bank info in the packet he sent to us just to be on the safe side by providing as much information as possible.

I can obtain copies of the last 3 years tax returns. Do those need to be notarized copies or can they just be photocopies?

And what would you recommend for proof of US Citizenship? A copy of a birth certificate? He doesn't have a passport (weird, I know).

Thanks!!!

It's a good idea to bring originals of anything you are submitting a copy of.

Is he using his salary alone to meet the income requirement? Is he using assets (savings and CD accounts) to supplement his lack of income? Seems to me you are missing a few of his pay stubs to prove his salary income. If he is not using the savings at all, he doesn't need to include bank information. Of course if he IS using his savings to supplement his income to meet the income requirement, then yes, include the bank info.

Yes.

Seem to be missing your dad's most recent 3 years of tax returns. I also didn't see proof of his US Citizenship on your list.

Rene
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:48 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

J,

Let's think about this for just a moment.

The originals were sent to the IRS, they will never be seen again.

Regards, JEff

Ok, thats no problem then. I can get the tax returns from my accountant, or at least copies. Do they NEED to be originals?
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

I'll go back to sleep.

Good eye, though. Trust me, I *WISH* we were already at the adjustment of status stage.

I am about 5 seconds away from tears as I write this. Every time I think I have my stuff together, I read a post referring to something I didn't even think of or totally missed the first 500 times of reading. I have dreams about this interview and its not even MY interview.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.