Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-134 bank statement...they won't give my the info. I need!!!

I-134 bank statement...they won't give my the info. I need!!!

Old Jan 23rd 2003, 8:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-134 bank statement...they won't give my the info. I need!!!

Originally posted by SMITTY
Rete,
I'm in the same boat here about the 134. My bank wants $15 an hour to research my deposits over the last year. I've read the 134 over and over and can't see anything there about not having to send all the info they ask for, whether you are or aren't at 125% poverty level. I make around 35,000 a year and I'm assuming that meets the requirement for a household of 3......4 if you include my New Zealand fiancee. On what form are you referring to it being an either/or statement? I've read this many times now (the poverty level deal) on message boards but since I haven't seen any mention of that on an INS form, I'm leery of believing it. It really would be so much simpler for me to just include my year end pay stub (which lists my salary for the last year) with the 134, but thats not how I read it on the form. I'm not saying you're wrong, just looking for verification.
thanks
Julie
The catch phrase is "as appropriate" in the I-134. Nicely hidden isn't it?

It doesn't hurt to include everything but nice to know that you don' t have to kill yourself to get documentation or pay through the nose like your bank is asking you to.

I would not pay the bank $15 an hour to include your deposits. You can add and addenum to the bank letter as written stating that the account is the depository of your pay which is $neverenough as shown by my year end statement attached.

Rete
Old Jan 23rd 2003, 8:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The UK is the perfect example of what I attempted to point out earlier. While the I-134 is thought be an either/or application, the US Consulate will often ask for their own supporting document. The I-134 does not indicate that tax returns are required unless self-employed. And yet, the US Consulate in London would like them if you want to bring them in lieu of one of the other on the list.

Rete

Originally posted by mrsstrickland
my husband was going to have the same problem, but on form DS-2000 (i dont know if this is a typical form or just for the UK) it states:-

to substantiate the information given in the I-134, the sponsor should attach two or more of the following

1.notarized copies of lastest federal tax return
2. statement from the employer stating annual salary permancy of employment
3. Statement from officer of bank,date the account was openned, present balance
4. Any other evidence adequate to establish financial ability for his or her undertaking towards the applicant.

so my husband has not sent me no bank statement, he has sent tax returns and letter from employer and payslips. So i hope im not missing something or im in trouble.

dee