Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-134 Affidavit of Support

I-134 Affidavit of Support

Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-134 Affidavit of Support

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
T,

Using assets to complensate for inadequate income is one that comes quickly to mind.

Regards, JEff
Ah right, good point. I was just wondering if there was something arcane I was unaware of.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 10:17 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I did the I-134 for my fiance back in 2004, and I included bank statements, a bank letter, 3 years of tax returns and W-2's, an employment letter, and pay stubs. I was actually missing one of the W-2's, and my fiance got a reminder to bring it with him to the interview, so I know they checked everything out.

Of course, this was back in 2003. And it was Turkey, not London. But I wanted to include everything just in case.

I haven't read up on the current I-134 form, if there is a new one.

Rene
Hi Ree, Did you attach all of your forms i duplicate or just single copies?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 3:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Hi Ree, Did you attach all of your forms i duplicate or just single copies?
To be very honest, that was back in 2003, and I really don't remember. I sent everything to my fiance in Turkey, he had to send everything in ahead of time in order to get his interview, and I really don't remember if he sent in duplicates of anything at that time or not. I know I brought photocopies of every single thing to the K-1 interview (I attended it with him) just in case they needed copies of anything, which they didn't.

Knowing myself, as picky as I am about following all the rules, if something was requested in duplicate, I most likely did that.

Rene
Old Apr 19th 2008, 5:42 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
To be very honest, that was back in 2003, and I really don't remember. I sent everything to my fiance in Turkey, he had to send everything in ahead of time in order to get his interview, and I really don't remember if he sent in duplicates of anything at that time or not. I know I brought photocopies of every single thing to the K-1 interview (I attended it with him) just in case they needed copies of anything, which they didn't.

Knowing myself, as picky as I am about following all the rules, if something was requested in duplicate, I most likely did that.

Rene
Thanks, I am just waiting to get my mom's letter of employment back and other forms from my attorney to send to my fiancee. I hope they were mailed back to me yesterday. I have her notarized affidavit and photocopy of her passport. I am seding my fiancee things i duplicate. I don't have paystubs but photocopies of my paycheck since I will be getting a 1099 for the taxes. I know moms stuff should be enough but I would rather him take whatever he can with him!