Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-134 Aff support/Duplicate copies?/London Interview

I-134 Aff support/Duplicate copies?/London Interview

Old Mar 24th 2003, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

BritAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-134 Aff support/Duplicate copies?/London Interview

Reading the instructions that came with I-134 affidavit of Support, it states that SUPPORTING EVIDENCE must be submitted in duplicate. It does not request duplicate of the I-134. Has anyone submitted this I-134 with supporting documents at interview in London? Did they want ONE I-134 and duplicate supporting evidence?

Please let me know of your interview experience in London.

Thanks for any info you can share...

(I'm hoping at interview they don't ask my UK fiance my birth date...he still messes that one up...sheesh!!!
Old Mar 24th 2003, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default Re: I-134 Aff support/Duplicate copies?/London Interview

Originally posted by BritAmerica
Reading the instructions that came with I-134 affidavit of Support, it states that SUPPORTING EVIDENCE must be submitted in duplicate. It does not request duplicate of the I-134. Has anyone submitted this I-134 with supporting documents at interview in London? Did they want ONE I-134 and duplicate supporting evidence?

Please let me know of your interview experience in London.

Thanks for any info you can share...

(I'm hoping at interview they don't ask my UK fiance my birth date...he still messes that one up...sheesh!!!
Hi

He should have a copy of everything for the interview, in my humble opinion. He should have a copy of the I-134 he is taking to the interview, also make copies of your supporting documents. In our case we just had a letter of employment, the original and copy if they needed to keep one. Also, I sent my then fiance a copy of my tax returns, but he didn't need them.

Anyway, good luck. From what my husband said and what others have said, it really is a piece of cake. I think I was more worried about it then him.

Don't forget to pay for the visa at Barclay's, take your receipt and have your pictures. You need at least one for the medical and I believe it's too for the interview

Kat and Chris (US and UK)
Old Mar 24th 2003, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

sandy- pie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by katnap8
Hi

He should have a copy of everything for the interview, in my humble opinion. He should have a copy of the I-134 he is taking to the interview, also make copies of your supporting documents. In our case we just had a letter of employment, the original and copy if they needed to keep one. Also, I sent my then fiance a copy of my tax returns, but he didn't need them.

Anyway, good luck. From what my husband said and what others have said, it really is a piece of cake. I think I was more worried about it then him.

Don't forget to pay for the visa at Barclay's, take your receipt and have your pictures. You need at least one for the medical and I believe it's too for the interview

Kat and Chris (US and UK)
ok kat...i have a few questions for you
!)did you leave anything blank on the form. i mean if you make over 125% did you still include all the other things.
2) did you have your tax returns notarized? (although you said he didnt even need them
3) did they only keep the form itself, and not all the evidence too?

sorry, i just sent my boy the stuff, and now i am panicing that we didnt do it right. my parents make well over the pverty line, so i only had them list their income. i have all the other letters with it. i was just searching around on the NG and found so many different answers, so i thought i would ask someone who has been through it
Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for responses....anyone else out there go through the London interview experience?
Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Limey Bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there.

I had my interview on Friday. Basically I made copies of EVERYTHING, including the I-134 form AND the evidence of support to go with it. Interestingly they did not take all the evidence of support (just the letter from employer) and said I'll need to keep the tax returns when applying for adjustment of status. They also did not require a duplicate of the I-134 form, but you may as well make one anyway. Oh, and so long as your Fiancé can remember your full name he should be okay! I was only asked for my date of birth.

Cheers.
Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Originally posted by sandy- pie
ok kat...i have a few questions for you
!)did you leave anything blank on the form. i mean if you make over 125% did you still include all the other things.
2) did you have your tax returns notarized? (although you said he didnt even need them
3) did they only keep the form itself, and not all the evidence too?

sorry, i just sent my boy the stuff, and now i am panicing that we didnt do it right. my parents make well over the pverty line, so i only had them list their income. i have all the other letters with it. i was just searching around on the NG and found so many different answers, so i thought i would ask someone who has been through it
Hi,

I didn't leave anything blank, I put down my salary, and then I put a $0 for everything else.

I didn't notarize the tax returns, just the I-134 form. I honestly don't think you need tax returns for the visa, but we weren't sure at the time.

They kept the form, and then they kept the copy of the employment letter .

Hope this helps. GOOD LUCK

Kat and Chris
Old Mar 24th 2003, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Hey, thanks for the responses...that was interesting info.

Just for "laughs" I quizzed Jeff about my birthdate, my parents names and my full name. Hmmm....according to Jeff, my parents are now Carol and Jack...not Carol and Joe and I'm born on the 4th or 2nd...not the 3rd. and my middle name is Lyn, or lynne or maybe even lynn. Now, ask him about Eastenders, Starwars, motorcycles and computers and he'll tell you everything you want to know, lol! This interview should be REALLY interesting. Jeff now qualifies for my first experimental "reverse inside lip tattooing." I figure that if you tattoo birthdates, anniversary, etc., inside fiance/husband lip, then when they shave all they have to do is pull their lip down and look in mirror to see if they are missing any important dates. Good system, unless there are multiple marriage, divorce and he runs out of lip room.

Okay, laugh!!!....but I'd bet it would work!