Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130s that were filed last year

I-130s that were filed last year

Old Mar 29th 2001, 9:53 am
Selin Hall

Talked to INS Texas Service Center yesterday to ask what was going on with our I-130
which we filed in 6/2000. This lady said they were doing 4/2000 ones so far and they
were two months behind. Eventhough this is not exactly the good news, still, it's not
bad news either. At least we now know where we stand. I thought people might like to
know.... Selin Hall

Old Mar 30th 2001, 1:35 am
Catherine K. M.

My question is....... a month or two ago, all the processing times sites said that
they were working on May 2000 cases, now they are working on April 2000??? Even my
congressman's office contacted them back in early February and they told them that
they were working on May 2000. Going backwards...what's with that? And TSC never
gives any explanation as to why they are so far behind. What are they trying to hide?
I'm guessing that they are trying to hide mismanagement of the center, but who
knows..... they never tell anyone anything. It makes me want to drive down to Dallas
and take a tour. )

Cath

>
    >
    >
exactly
    >
    >

Old Mar 30th 2001, 10:33 am
Alvena Ferreira

"Catherine K. M." wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
Hmmm...I wouldn't want to depress myself with that info!

alvena

Old Mar 31st 2001, 5:59 am
Selin Hall

You mean eventhough that INS customer agent (whatever they are called, those people
who answer phones and answer questions?) we had a talk with said they were two months
behind, they may not be? I don't understand this.... Thanks Selin

>
[usenetquote2]> > I'm guessing that they are trying to hide mismanagement of the center,[/usenetquote2]
but
[usenetquote2]> > who knows..... they never tell anyone anything. It makes me want to[/usenetquote2]
drive
[usenetquote2]> > down to Dallas and take a tour. )[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 31st 2001, 11:37 pm
Catherine K. M.

I am guessing that what the person on the phone meant was that they were 2 months
behind their "projected" time frame of "180-270 days to process I-130 (immediate
relative)" type cases. Since you filed in June 2000, then according to the TSC
timeframe, your 270 day max should have been in March 2001, and they should have
already processed your application. Now since they are 2 months behind, that means
they won't get to it until May. That is just hooey. (I'm being nice!) They really
should update that timeframe to 270 - 330 days! Ugh! I'm sure they would get a lot of
people screaming if they saw that, so they keep it at the lower numbers, even though
180-270 days is more than any of the other service centers' projected timeframes.

All I want is an answer to why TSC is so much slower than the other service centers.
It is my contention that they don't want to answer that question because they don't
want to let on that they are screwing up (management-wise) and don't have enough
people to handle the workload. There would be a lot of letters being written to
congressmen and the justice department if people found out what was going on. TSC is
just trying to lay low by answering questions "half-way".

Actually, you should contact your congressman at this point if you haven't already.
He/she needs to know what is going on at the TSC. Maybe if enough people wrote in,
something would be done about it. (I doubt it would help, but it's worth a try) I
plan on contacting my congressman in June when my 270 days is up. That's what they
are there for. Use them. Right now it seems to be our only recourse. Good luck!

Cath

>
those
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > "Catherine K. M." wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I'm guessing that they are trying to hide mismanagement of the center,[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > who knows..... they never tell anyone anything. It makes me want to[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > down to Dallas and take a tour. )[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Hmmm...I wouldn't want to depress myself with that info![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > alvena[/usenetquote2]

Old Apr 1st 2001, 7:11 am
Selin Hall

[usenetquote2]> > > Hmmm...I wouldn't want to depress myself with that info![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > alvena[/usenetquote2]

First of all thanks to Cath for her comforting message But what I was confused
about was that Alvena wrote the above-quoted line ( I wouldn't wanna depress myself
with that info!) Does this mean, eventhough that INS agent we talked to said they
were two months behind, they may not be? But how can an agent -who's responsible for
giving people correct info- not exactly know what is going on at her/his service
center? I guess writing to Congressman idea might be good but the bad thing is we
heard such sad stories where people in our situation wrote to this person (our
Congressman) and he or his staff didn't even bother returning the calls. So at this
point we're pretty upset. Thanks and good luck to all of you, Selin

Old Apr 1st 2001, 10:14 am
Alvena Ferreira

Selin Hall wrote: But
    >
    >

Call 3 times. See if you get the same story. If you do, then you can start to believe
it. I have heard so many weird-o stories of how people called and everyone that
called received a different answer, that I tend to disbelieve that anyone ever gets
reliable info when they call a service center, frankly. I imagine that the people
that answer the phones get so d@mned tired of all of the calls that they tell you
anything just to pacify the caller, frankly...and who is going to disprove that info?

alvena