Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 VSC Approval !!!!!!!!!!! What Next ....??

I-130 VSC Approval !!!!!!!!!!! What Next ....??

Old Oct 28th 2003, 1:35 am
Jack

Default I-130 VSC Approval !!!!!!!!!!! What Next ....??

Hi All ...

My wife USC filed I-130 at VSC on 17th July 2003 and now we got the
NOA2 saying its approval. Online status also showing its approved on
21st Oct 2003. I thought its going to take up to the next yr May or
June after reading the posts here, so my wife applied for K3 as
well...

Can anybody explain whatz the next procedure ?? (I'm from India,
Chennai consulate) normally how long will it take up to the interview
?

Please help ...

Thanks in Advance ...
Jack

Old Oct 28th 2003, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

gardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nice
Default Re: I-130 VSC Approval !!!!!!!!!!! What Next ....??

Are you doing an AOS or Direct Consular Filing? Read my post under "I-130 approval before AOS?" Also, become familiar with all the succeeding steps to get the green card by reading: http://k1.exit.com/ and http://bcis.stephenpalik.com/faq/, among others.

Originally posted by Jack
Hi All ...

My wife USC filed I-130 at VSC on 17th July 2003 and now we got the
NOA2 saying its approval. Online status also showing its approved on
21st Oct 2003. I thought its going to take up to the next yr May or
June after reading the posts here, so my wife applied for K3 as
well...

Can anybody explain whatz the next procedure ?? (I'm from India,
Chennai consulate) normally how long will it take up to the interview
?

Please help ...

Thanks in Advance ...
Jack
Old Oct 29th 2003, 4:20 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

gardener,

Why would he be doing a DCF if he already has an approved I-130?

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by gardener
Are you doing an AOS or Direct Consular Filing? Read my post under "I-130 approval before AOS?" Also, become familiar with all the succeeding steps to get the green card by reading: http://k1.exit.com/ and http://bcis.stephenpalik.com/faq/, among others.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

gardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nice

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
gardener,

Why would he be doing a DCF if he already has an approved I-130?

Regards, JEff
The I-130 is required to be filed in conjunction with the K-3 Visa, regardless of whether the filer does an AOS or DCF. Once the I-130 is approved, the decision has to be made to take one path or the other. One can't do a DCF without an approved I-130.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 11:44 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

gardener,

I think you have a mis-understanding of what DCF - direct consular filing - is.

If one has a current approved I-130, one does not need to file another I-130 at a consulate overseas.

Regards, JEff

... One can't do a DCF without an approved I-130.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

gardener,

I think you have a mis-understanding of what DCF - direct consular filing - is.

If one has a current approved I-130, one does not need to file another I-130 at a consulate overseas.

Regards, JEff
All I was tellling Jack was that he has a choice to make: AOS in the states or a DCF back in the home country. I did not imply that another I-130 is required.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 1:00 pm

gardener,

As I said, you seem to have a mis-understanding of what DCF is.

DCF is filing an I-130 at a consulate, rather than at a BCIS service center here in the US.

Regards, JEff

All I was tellling Jack was that he has a choice to make: AOS in the states or a DCF back in the home country. I did not imply that another I-130 is required.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

gardener,

As I said, you seem to have a mis-understanding of what DCF is.

DCF is filing an I-130 at a consulate, rather than at a BCIS service center here in the US.

Regards, JEff
I don't want to keep explaining myself. Just let Jack decide whose explanation he prefers.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 5:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to keep explaining myself. Just let Jack decide whose explanation he prefers.

Here's a third option:
On an approved I-130, the beneficiary has the option of processing in the US (AOS/Adjustment of Status)

or

returning to the home country to apply for an Immigrant Visa (CP/Consular Processing).
Old Oct 29th 2003, 5:23 pm

meauxna,

I think this is what gardener was trying to say, but he is incorrectly using the term DCF to refer to the act of returning home to apply for an immigrant visa.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to do a DCF if one already has an approved I-130.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by meauxna
Here's a third option:
On an approved I-130, the beneficiary has the option of processing in the US (AOS/Adjustment of Status)

or

returning to the home country to apply for an Immigrant Visa (CP/Consular Processing).
Old Oct 29th 2003, 5:30 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

meauxna,

I think this is what gardener was trying to say, but he is incorrectly using the term DCF to refer to the act of returning home to apply for an immigrant visa.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to do a DCF if one already has an approved I-130.

Regards, JEff
JEff,
Yeah, I know, but didn't want to club him over the head with it.

I was nearly moved to do that in yesterday's thread that persistantly asked what Customs would do to them while entering the US with a K1 pending (that is, since you and I know it is Immigration they are concerned with).
Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:59 pm

meauxna,

I've given up on the immigration v. customs thing, in part because aren't the old INS POE people and the old Customs people (was it part of Treasury?) now together in the same BCBP unit of Homeland Security? Blurring somewhat a line that so many people seem to be oblivious of anyway.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by meauxna
JEff,

I was nearly moved to do that in yesterday's thread that persistantly asked what Customs would do to them while entering the US with a K1 pending (that is, since you and I know it is Immigration they are concerned with).