Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 submitted to DHS in London, what next?

I-130 submitted to DHS in London, what next?

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

infotec28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 submitted to DHS in London, what next?

Hi,

On 8/18/04 the DHS in London confirmed receipt of my wifes' I-130, supporting documentation, fee, and photos via a post card.

I know that we will need to apply for a visa, go to an interview, and have her go for her medical at some point in time after this but wasn't sure in what order this all happened and if we had to wait for the I-130 to be processed before proceeding with the above mentioned items.

Yes, I have looked at the following site:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/acs/acsindex.htm

I have also been reading posts on here regarding the need for a "police certificate"? Does my wife need this? I don't recall seeing anything about this on that site. When and where do we submit for this? Finally how much does it cost?

Thank you for your ideas in advance.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 3:00 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 submitted to DHS in London, what next?

Ah! Super technosponger is back...as usual.. as useless as rubber lips on a woodpecker.. I have modified my name now so you really should alter your signature to show my correct name.. Bit homophobic are we??
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

IanandHolly is on a distinguished road

When it comes to the police certificate you can stop into your local police station and ask them for the forms. They will most likely give you a pamphlet that contains the number for data protection.

We, however, e-mailed greater manchester police and they in return e-mailed us the forms which we needed to fill out and take to the local police station along with $10.

We sent this out around the 16th of august or so and have not yet received anything back from them.

You really need to get a crakin' on the police certificate because they can take up to 40 days to get the information back to you.

Holly
Old Sep 6th 2004, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ray
Ah! Super technosponger is back...as usual.. as useless as rubber lips on a woodpecker.. I have modified my name now so you really should alter your signature to show my correct name.. Bit homophobic are we??
Yes I am actually, It seems like you love to post my name in other threads even when no one is talking about me or you. You have me a bit worried. Sorry bud, but I am not interested in your "love".
Old Sep 6th 2004, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IanandHolly
When it comes to the police certificate you can stop into your local police station and ask them for the forms. They will most likely give you a pamphlet that contains the number for data protection.

We, however, e-mailed greater manchester police and they in return e-mailed us the forms which we needed to fill out and take to the local police station along with $10.

We sent this out around the 16th of august or so and have not yet received anything back from them.

You really need to get a crakin' on the police certificate because they can take up to 40 days to get the information back to you.

Holly

Thanks for this...the only thing I wonder about is that I saw no reference indicating a need for the police certificate. Are you sure about this?

Can you all answer my other questions if you have the answers?

Cheers
Old Sep 6th 2004, 12:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by infotec28
Yes I am actually, It seems like you love to post my name in other threads even when no one is talking about me or you. You have me a bit worried. Sorry bud, but I am not interested in your "love".
I would have liked to insult you, but with your intelligence you wouldn't get offended.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 12:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: I-130 submitted to DHS in London, what next?

Originally Posted by Ray
I would have liked to insult you, but with your intelligence you wouldn't get offended.

Stop it Ray. You are going to be using up your precious remaining 95 points on nothing.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: I-130 submitted to DHS in London, what next?

Originally Posted by Rete
Stop it Ray. You are going to be using up your precious remaining 95 points on nothing.
If you both so say ...."great comebacks by the way"

I would ask you what you are talking about, but I am sure that neither of you have any clue.

Babbling idiots!-

Last edited by infotec28; Sep 6th 2004 at 12:50 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 1:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If you both so say ...."great comebacks by the way"

I would ask you what you are talking about, but I am sure that neither of you have any clue.

Babbling idiots!-
Be careful technobabbler ... winning friends is not your strong suit ...

Don't believe my response to Ray had anything whatsoever to do with your continued inability to fend for yourself. Now go play nicely.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 1:25 pm
Ray

Babbling idiots!-
People can't say that you have absolutely nothing! After all, you have inferiority
Old Sep 6th 2004, 1:29 pm
Concierge

I can't stop myself, but technoblabber if you went to the visa section instead of the US citizen section (since your wife is not a USC that makes sense) you would find what you needed to know about what comes next:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web.../familynvc.htm

Hi,

On 8/18/04 the DHS in London confirmed receipt of my wifes' I-130, supporting documentation, fee, and photos via a post card.

I know that we will need to apply for a visa, go to an interview, and have her go for her medical at some point in time after this but wasn't sure in what order this all happened and if we had to wait for the I-130 to be processed before proceeding with the above mentioned items.

Yes, I have looked at the following site:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/acs/acsindex.htm

I have also been reading posts on here regarding the need for a "police certificate"? Does my wife need this? I don't recall seeing anything about this on that site. When and where do we submit for this? Finally how much does it cost?

Thank you for your ideas in advance.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ray
People can't say that you have absolutely nothing! After all, you have inferiority
Wow symptoms of the master race indeed!

Have you ever watched the movie wrong turn?
I think that you need to.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Be careful technobabbler ... winning friends is not your strong suit ...

Don't believe my response to Ray had anything whatsoever to do with your continued inability to fend for yourself. Now go play nicely.
None of what you have to say has anything to do with anything logical at all...who cares what you believe!

I think that you and Ray founded the state of West Virginia
Old Sep 6th 2004, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

I can't stop myself, but technoblabber if you went to the visa section instead of the US citizen section (since your wife is not a USC that makes sense) you would find what you needed to know about what comes next:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web.../familynvc.htm

and obviously I have gone to the consular section and read through that or I wouldn't have bothered to post here...

Maybe I missed something? So what?

At least I am not my mothers' brothers' sisters' daughter.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

and obviously I have gone to the consular section and read through that or I wouldn't have bothered to post here...

Maybe I missed something? So what?

At least I am not my mothers' brothers' sisters' daughter.
Wow here we go again:

Threats, threats, and more threats:

Super Moderator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your posting is insulting. If it were only to me that would be tolerable. It is not.

Please delete it or I will and will place you on ban for one week. If you continue in this insulting manner, the ban will be made permanent.

Rete

You sweep up after me you freak