I-130 for stepdaughter

Old Sep 8th 2004, 7:36 pm
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road
Question I-130 for stepdaughter

I just mailed off the form I-130 for my stepdaughter (17). Her dad and I got married July 2003 and she has requested to move with us in the USA. What happens next? I am new at the I-130's, John came in with the K-1 visa.

Thanks for an overview

Cindy
Old Sep 8th 2004, 7:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 for stepdaughter

Originally Posted by JohnCindy
I just mailed off the form I-130 for my stepdaughter (17). Her dad and I got married July 2003 and she has requested to move with us in the USA. What happens next? I am new at the I-130's, John came in with the K-1 visa.

Thanks for an overview

Cindy

You are using VSC so you might want the young lady to get started on her end of the documentation. You can d/l from the US Consulate's London website the DS forms and the list of documents she will need to have ready, i.e. long form birth certificate, police clearance (she is over 16), update on all her immunizations and records of same, etc.

You and your husband can start on the I-864 so that when the I-130 is sent to the NVC and they contact you for the $65 processing fee for the I-864 you have both the form and the money on hand ;-)

Rere
Old Sep 8th 2004, 7:57 pm
Welsh Wife

Great Rete thanks as always for your info. I don't know what we would do without you.

We told her to get started on her police clearance. I'll pull off the DS form and go over it with her dad I'm excited to have her here. I know it won't be for some time but it will be worth it in the end

We already have our I-864 done as we just had our AOS appointment in Cherry Hill in August and they didn't need to see it. Can Hubby's wages be used on the I-864, he didn't get his I-551 stamped in his passport pending background checks still not done since Jan 2004?

So the NVC will send us a notice and a bill requesting the I-864 with payment due ..... right?

Thanks a bunches
Cindy
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:15 pm
Welsh Wife

Hi Rete,
I printed off the DS-230 form. Her dad and I are going to fill out everything we can here and then take it over in Oct when we visit to complete it with her. Thank again for your help with this new adventure we are taking

Cindy & John
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The US Consulate procedure in the UK has always been slightly different from the rest of the world. I do know there is a $65 fee for processing the I-864 and when using other US Consulates you pay the visa fee through the NVC rather than at the US Consulate. You might want to check that out not that it is a problem. Either way you will have to pay ;-) Yup hubby should be able to complete the I-864 with you.

Rete

Originally Posted by JohnCindy
Great Rete thanks as always for your info. I don't know what we would do without you.

We told her to get started on her police clearance. I'll pull off the DS form and go over it with her dad I'm excited to have her here. I know it won't be for some time but it will be worth it in the end

We already have our I-864 done as we just had our AOS appointment in Cherry Hill in August and they didn't need to see it. Can Hubby's wages be used on the I-864, he didn't get his I-551 stamped in his passport pending background checks still not done since Jan 2004?

So the NVC will send us a notice and a bill requesting the I-864 with payment due ..... right?

Thanks a bunches
Cindy
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:36 pm
Welsh Wife

Originally Posted by Rete
The US Consulate procedure in the UK has always been slightly different from the rest of the world. I do know there is a $65 fee for processing the I-864 and when using other US Consulates you pay the visa fee through the NVC rather than at the US Consulate. You might want to check that out not that it is a problem. Either way you will have to pay ;-) Yup hubby should be able to complete the I-864 with you.

Rete

Like I said in an earlier post.............. land of the fee not land of the free

Now just wait for the processing time.

I am sure I will continue to have millions of questions like before and like before this forum has been a God sent!!

Cindy