British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   I-130 Section 5A(6). (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/i-130-section-5a-6-a-903608/)

ChDaun331 Jan 28th 2018 1:10 pm

Re: I-130 Section 5A(6).

Beofre I start, I was making a light hearted joke with regards to me missing that flight. dont be alarmed. but here we go....Januarys rant:

We haven't received any update from USCIS or Texas Service centre since we recieved the receipt number email on the 2nd of November 2017 which read:

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS Texas Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number SRC***********. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

and the last thing the Check Case Status says and still says is:

"Case Was Received
On October 30, 2017, we received your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number **************, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by November 29, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address"

I have checked the "check processing times" on the egov.uscis.gov website in regards to the texas office, but it doesnt make sense to me. the document has been updated as of January 5th 2018, stating that Field Office Processing Dates for Texas Service Center as of: October 31, 2017 (or petition was recieved on the 30th) but then in the last column "processing cases as of date: February 22 2017"......I can only imagine this to be a typo (someone is still in 2017 aftee the new year) or ive misunderstood it?.....If it was a typo on a government website I would have assumed that this would have been corrected within the 20days since it was updated? Ive posted the link below, it may not work.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processi...wIZGWye0H-c9ew

What is the average wait for this stage of the process? and can anyone help me understand that USCIS Processing Time Information table....

StuBear65 Jan 28th 2018 2:28 pm

My I-130 was processed through Texas, my PD was 06/26/17 and my approval was 12/16/17 so just under 6 months.

Noorah101 Jan 28th 2018 2:53 pm

The online processing dates should be taken with a grain of salt. They aren't accurate. They are only updated when a person goes in and updates the information, which isn't necessarily done regularly. That Feb 2017 date is probably because there was one stray case from that long ago hanging around. It's not reflective of all cases, or even your case.

Currently I-130s seem to be taking 6+ months to get approved. You should expect to hear something around May 2018 ish.

Rene

kbales Jan 28th 2018 5:12 pm

My husband and I are exactly 1 month ahead of you in the I-130 process. We received the I-797 with receipt number on October 2nd. It is a long, frustrating wait, but I will post as soon as we hear anything new - even though it probably won't be for at least a few more months! :)

ChDaun331 Feb 7th 2018 11:34 am

Okay that would be great, plase keep us posted with your progress. thank you!

ChDaun331 Feb 26th 2018 11:23 am

Originally Posted by kbales (Post 12429245)
My husband and I are exactly 1 month ahead of you in the I-130 process. We received the I-797 with receipt number on October 2nd. It is a long, frustrating wait, but I will post as soon as we hear anything new - even though it probably won't be for at least a few more months! :)

how are you getting on?

kbales Feb 26th 2018 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by ChDaun331 (Post 12451130)
how are you getting on?

Still waiting! I just flew back to the US on Wednesday, so from here on out we'll be apart until everything is finished. I'm hoping my husband can maybe visit May-June to make the whole process a little bit easier. I haven't heard of anything speeding up, but I've been regularly checking. I've been talking to my husband about considering when to start getting all future documents ready (medical summary, etc.). I'm not sure when we'll start that, but it would make us both feel better if we're completely ready to go once this I-130 gets processed.

Has anyone heard of any I-130's being approved recently? It's so hard trying to explain this timeline to family and friends. They all say, "What do you mean it takes that long? Why is it taking even longer now? Blah, blah blah." If it wasn't stressful enough on its own, it's everyone else who makes it worse!

Keoman Feb 27th 2018 11:11 am

Originally Posted by kbales (Post 12451464)
Still waiting! I just flew back to the US on Wednesday, so from here on out we'll be apart until everything is finished. I'm hoping my husband can maybe visit May-June to make the whole process a little bit easier. I haven't heard of anything speeding up, but I've been regularly checking. I've been talking to my husband about considering when to start getting all future documents ready (medical summary, etc.). I'm not sure when we'll start that, but it would make us both feel better if we're completely ready to go once this I-130 gets processed.

Has anyone heard of any I-130's being approved recently? It's so hard trying to explain this timeline to family and friends. They all say, "What do you mean it takes that long? Why is it taking even longer now? Blah, blah blah." If it wasn't stressful enough on its own, it's everyone else who makes it worse!

We submitted our I-130 last May (Nebraska) and was only approved in January, so 8 months! We then had to wait 5 weeks before we got the welcome email from NVC, currently in the fee paying process. First fee has to be processed before you can pay the next then start on the forms/paperwork gathering. It’s a slow and frustrating process, but have to stay patient and just accept it. Luckily my wife is flying over next week so we get some time together, but then that’s it till I make the big move! Hopefully sometime this summer.

kbales Mar 1st 2018 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Keoman (Post 12451929)
We submitted our I-130 last May (Nebraska) and was only approved in January, so 8 months! We then had to wait 5 weeks before we got the welcome email from NVC, currently in the fee paying process. First fee has to be processed before you can pay the next then start on the forms/paperwork gathering. It’s a slow and frustrating process, but have to stay patient and just accept it. Luckily my wife is flying over next week so we get some time together, but then that’s it till I make the big move! Hopefully sometime this summer.

Wow! Ours is in Nebraska as well. Thanks so much for the timeline. I definitely wish it was better news, but I guess that's to be expected!

Good luck with everything, and I hope it will be smooth sailing for you until it's all done! :)

ChDaun331 Mar 21st 2018 2:35 pm

Oh man, I hope we hear something sooner than 8 months thats a joke!

Ive just got back from visiting, whilst I was there I rang the USCIS to see if we had any other options. She informed me that we can change status whilst visiting on the ESTA. This would mean I could stay with my Wife indefinately and not have to leave after the 90 visitors window. Given the convenience of this, it is bitter sweet; though I would be allowed to stay once notifying the USCIS that I wish to change status on an ESTA and remain after the 90 days, it would restrict me from working for up 90 days whilst I await a Social Security number and work clearance apparantly, also, I would not be allowed to leave the United States until the entire process has come to a close, sadly at this moment in time financially this is not an option! but its certainly an option to others! I have a list of documents needed for this process at home, and this can be initiated even if your half way through an alternative visa process, all they would require would be the receipts from documents lready submitted and the remaining filing fees paid up front (for us its $1200).

thought Id share :)

ChDaun331 Mar 21st 2018 2:44 pm

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

this page is also supposed to show us what cases they are currently processing by date of reciept but it doesnt seem to be on their priorities list for a regular update. according to the table "Field Office Processing Dates for Texas Service Center as of: January 31, 2018" they were prcoessing June 2017 applications.

but at the bottom of the screen it says it was last updated March 19th, but the information is the same as it has been for months. USCIS really need to pull their fingers out or employ staff to deal with the cases. its an absolute joke.

BenK91 Mar 21st 2018 3:28 pm

Apparently they're working on doing that, see the link in the first post on this thread.

Obviously doesn't help anyone now but the fact they're aware it's complete shit is something at least!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...ost%5D-910480/

kbales Apr 28th 2018 6:01 pm

Hi! Thought I would give you an update if you hadn't seen my other post. We received our NOA 2 with approval!! We couldn't believe it happened so quickly.
Our updated timeline is:
2 Oct. 2017 - NOA 1 received
7 Apr 2018 - NOA 2 (approval) received

That's just over 6 months waiting for the approval letter! I hope yours is going along the same time frame!

ChDaun331 Jun 12th 2018 10:38 am

Hey, We received our NOA2 yesterday, but was processed and approved as of the 6th!, now were just waiting the notice from the NVC. Finally!!!!!!

ChDaun331 Jul 12th 2018 12:42 pm

Hi All,

While we wait for NVC notice and welcome letter, What documents are needed to complete the Affidavit of Support?