I-130 question

Old Sep 18th 2013, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

RcknRbn81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 question

Hey guys! I have another question...I remember looking through a Wiki here that one of the moderators sent me a link to, and I think I saw something about submitting a Green Card application in addition to the Spouse Visa I-130 for my husband...is that right or am I getting stuff confused?

I know that upon visa approval, he is issued a green card at the POE, but I don't see anywhere on the USCIS website that says I have to have the green card application with it.

Thanks!
Robin
Old Sep 18th 2013, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 question

Originally Posted by RcknRbn81
I know that upon visa approval, he is issued a green card at the POE, but I don't see anywhere on the USCIS website that says I have to have the green card application with it.
If your spouse is getting an immigrant visa from a US Consulate abroad, a "green card application" (read = I-485) is not required. The I-485 is only required when the spouse is adjusting status from inside the US.

Ian
Old Sep 18th 2013, 7:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RcknRbn81
Hey guys! I have another question...I remember looking through a Wiki here that one of the moderators sent me a link to, and I think I saw something about submitting a Green Card application in addition to the Spouse Visa I-130 for my husband...is that right or am I getting stuff confused?
No, there is no green card application when doing an Immigrant Visa route.

Correct. There is no green card application associated with the Immigrant Visa process. He becomes a US Permanent Resident when he enters the USA using his Immigrant Visa.

Rene
Old Sep 18th 2013, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

RcknRbn81 is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys are the best. Thank you so much.