I-130 question

Old Apr 18th 2004, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice
Default I-130 question

Hi guys,

In less than 6 weeks I'll be a Mrs!!! So, being the organised little fiancee that I am, I'm ensuring that when JB comes over here to marry me (and subsequently returns ), he has all of the necessary paperwork present, correct and signed, to allow him to petition immediately.

The I-129F we have done already, and it's been approved for K1, so we'll just do virtually the same for the I-129F K3, with the few obvious amendments.

However, I have a quick question on the I-130. I will be enclosing our marriage certificate of course and more than likely a few of the copious photos, but do we need to prove relationship? It doesn't mention this on the I-130 form itself (which, incidentally, has a ridiculous amount of typos). Not that proving our relationship will be an issue, looking at printouts of our email accounts and telephone records, but we just want to be sure we send the right stuff in first time.

Thanks, everyone!

Kath
Old Apr 18th 2004, 11:08 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 question

Originally posted by anyone4tea
Hi guys,

In less than 6 weeks I'll be a Mrs!!! So, being the organised little fiancee that I am, I'm ensuring that when JB comes over here to marry me (and subsequently returns ), he has all of the necessary paperwork present, correct and signed, to allow him to petition immediately.

The I-129F we have done already, and it's been approved for K1, so we'll just do virtually the same for the I-129F K3, with the few obvious amendments.

However, I have a quick question on the I-130. I will be enclosing our marriage certificate of course and more than likely a few of the copious photos, but do we need to prove relationship? It doesn't mention this on the I-130 form itself (which, incidentally, has a ridiculous amount of typos). Not that proving our relationship will be an issue, looking at printouts of our email accounts and telephone records, but we just want to be sure we send the right stuff in first time.

Thanks, everyone!

Kath
The K3 does NOT need proof the way you do for a K1. For the K3ers that comes later with AOS. I would suggest sending in an official copy of the marriage certificate, because you will most certainly need more once everything is said and done, so don't use the one and only copy you have. Please note that IF you as a UKC were married before they ask for a divorce certificate PLUS a copy of the PREVIOUS marriage certificate for the interview. Don't know why but they do.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

I got numerous originals in Colombia of all documents while bothering to get the first one to begin with. It was a small additional fee but now if I ever have to give up an original school transcript, marriage certificate, or birth certificate I'll have others.

Originally posted by cindyabs
The K3 does NOT need proof the way you do for a K1. For the K3ers that comes later with AOS. I would suggest sending in an official copy of the marriage certificate, because you will most certainly need more once everything is said and done, so don't use the one and only copy you have. Please note that IF you as a UKC were married before they ask for a divorce certificate PLUS a copy of the PREVIOUS marriage certificate for the interview. Don't know why but they do.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice

Originally posted by cindyabs

Thanks Cindy, LP. That helps out immensely.

Kath