Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 and I-485 filed concurantly?

I-130 and I-485 filed concurantly?

Old Apr 12th 2008, 6:16 am
Just Joined

kristinw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 and I-485 filed concurantly?

Hi!
I am wondering if it's mandatroy to file these two forms together, since my UKC partner is in the country already on a soon to be expired vwp or if the I130 can be filed a time before the AOS.
I suppose I should be directing this to an immigration atty, but its saturday!
Thanks for your help
Old Apr 12th 2008, 6:25 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 and I-485 filed concurantly?

Originally Posted by kristinw
Hi!
I am wondering if it's mandatroy to file these two forms together, since my UKC partner is in the country already on a soon to be expired vwp or if the I130 can be filed a time before the AOS.
Thanks for your help
IANAL.......... but I think it would be ever so helpful to file the 2 together.

Lest never the twain shall meet

Obviously, the references to 'partner' and 'vwp' do raise some concerns...

(Did you ever consult that attorney.......... as previously advised...)

Last edited by Elvira; Apr 12th 2008 at 6:28 am.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:10 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!
Thanks for your help
You can only file I-130 for a spouse, so you must be married to start this.

The I-130 gives NO immigration benefit to your husband in the US. It does start an immigrant visa process for him, which he probably doesn't want.

I don't know how hard it is to add an I-485 on later, but knowing USCIS, it adds a layer of complexity that you probably don't want.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!
Thanks for your help
Did you get married yet? You guys have to be married before you can start his AOS process.

Yes, the AOS process consists of filing the I-130 and I-485 concurrently, along with I-765 and I-131 if he wants to work and travel outside the USA while waiting for his green card to process.

Are you no longer financially challenged?

Rene
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:13 am
Just Joined

we arent married yet and my father is considering lending us the 1355.00 and being his sponser

just with taxes due, not sure if he can loan the whole 1355.

im quite upset emotionally thinking of all the money involved in this process, no matter which way its done...

thanks for your replys it does help xx
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:17 am
Just Joined

355. and 1010. is 1365. my apologies

to answer the earlier ? We have not consulted an atty yet. I have read the A1 A2 G4 pamphlets from USCIS and it clearly states if UKC is in the country and the wedding was not planned (obviously as we havent got a plan yet and its 2 weeks till his vwp expires)

guessing we will do that this week

sorry for the trouble
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

355. and 1010. is 1365. my apologies

to answer the earlier ? We have not consulted an atty yet. I have read the A1 A2 G4 pamphlets from USCIS and it clearly states if UKC is in the country and the wedding was not planned (obviously as we havent got a plan yet and its 2 weeks till his vwp expires)

guessing we will do that this week

sorry for the trouble
I dont know the full story here.

However, could you not just go down to the courthouse/civic center, buy a license and get married on the spot?

We did that. Decided on the Tues, hitched on the Sat.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:38 am
Just Joined

that sounds great!

How soon after the marriage do the forms have to be sent in to USCIS?

Is he allowed to wait in this country for the forms to be processed with an expired vwp?

I swear I've read every post and site I can find and have just made myself more confused..contacting an atty this week
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:45 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
I dont know the full story here.

However, could you not just go down to the courthouse/civic center, buy a license and get married on the spot?

We did that. Decided on the Tues, hitched on the Sat.
Ah !! but you circumstances are totally different
you were leaving the US a few days later this OP apparently
does not intend to do that...
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:46 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

that sounds great!

How soon after the marriage do the forms have to be sent in to USCIS?

Is he allowed to wait in this country for the forms to be processed with an expired vwp?

I swear I've read every post and site I can find and have just made myself more confused..contacting an atty this week
See the Attorney and take his confidential advice ...
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Ah !! but you circumstances are totally different
you were leaving the US a few days later this OP apparently
does not intend to do that...
yes, i understand that. however, would it not be better that they get married and then AOS while he's in the country? Or does that really screw things up?

Or you think a K visa from his home?

(I know, a little knowledge is dangerous!!)
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:27 am
Ray

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
yes, i understand that. however, would it not be better that they get married and then AOS while he's in the country? Or does that really screw things up?

Or you think a K visa from his home?

(I know, a little knowledge is dangerous!!)
Umm ..not my position to say ...
But do I believe this spur of the moment things are real ....

Not for a second ... I await the flack ....
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:48 am
Just Joined

that is merely a question NOT a statement, trying to figure out the best way to do things....
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:50 am
Ray

that is merely a question NOT a statement, trying to figure out the best way to do things....
As I already said..get the confidential advice of an attorney ...
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:51 am
Just Joined

will do and thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.