Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 and G325A need help on filling out

I-130 and G325A need help on filling out

Old Dec 21st 2003, 1:50 am
Just Joined

The-edges is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 and G325A need help on filling out

We are in the process of filling out the I-130 form for my wife's son (7 yrs old) to come to the USA from Russia. I am a US citizen and we already filed the I-485/I-130 for her.
My question is about the I-130 for her son. Do we need to fill out a G325 for myself, my wife or my stepson? We were told by someone who is going through the process that we do. If we do need it my question also involves what info is needed? Do we fill out all 4 copies? I attempted to fill one out for my stepson but I am unsure who's name to put in the big black box at the bottom. Am I considered the applicant or is it the person who's information is on the form?? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Dec 21st 2003, 2:57 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 and G325A need help on filling out

Originally posted by The-edges
We are in the process of filling out the I-130 form for my wife's son (7 yrs old) to come to the USA from Russia. I am a US citizen and we already filed the I-485/I-130 for her.
My question is about the I-130 for her son. Do we need to fill out a G325 for myself, my wife or my stepson? We were told by someone who is going through the process that we do. If we do need it my question also involves what info is needed? Do we fill out all 4 copies? I attempted to fill one out for my stepson but I am unsure who's name to put in the big black box at the bottom. Am I considered the applicant or is it the person who's information is on the form?? Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi:

"Someone" told you, eh? Read the instructions. He is your step-son, not your wife. G-325's only required for spouses.

However, please note that since the advernt of the K-3, "immediate relative" I-130 adjudication has really slowed down. Ok, the spouses have the K-3 option, but the kids and and parents don't.

You may want to consider getting advance parole for your wife, and do a K-3 for her so she can go get the kid on a K-4.