Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Jul 14th 2011, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Originally Posted by britishspouse
woo!!! thats great wolfy !!
It is indeed, and yes its a big weight off right now....

We have worked it out that our Journey from start to interview will have taken exactly 7 months, we had hoped for the min 6, but very pleased with 7 cant complain tbh; Now we have my attorney working his butt off in the back ground should we require his services.

Just need to compile copies of the civil docs we sent NVC which I have a spare set amongst this tree sat on the bed copies of I130-AOS-Ds230-Medical
Old Jul 14th 2011, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wolfy
It is indeed, and yes its a big weight off right now....

We have worked it out that our Journey from start to interview will have taken exactly 7 months, we had hoped for the min 6, but very pleased with 7 cant complain tbh; Now we have my attorney working his butt off in the back ground should we require his services.

Just need to compile copies of the civil docs we sent NVC which I have a spare set amongst this tree sat on the bed copies of I130-AOS-Ds230-Medical
thats awesome !

Ours will be 7 months 20 days from sending off the I-130 to Interview , so not too bad We were all told 8-10 months, so if we get done in under 8 I think we both did good!

Ive used this webpage so much http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html lol. The amount of different calculations ive done is nuts, I do love my statistics though :P

Im not taking in copies of any forms, just copies of the docs, some photos and the medical sheet, and my passport pics

Last edited by britishspouse; Jul 14th 2011 at 2:32 am.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 8:41 am
CR1 Visa

SimonJW is an unknown quantity at this point

INTERVIEW AUG 11th 9am....whoo hooo
Congratulations Wolfy - less than a month away, what great news!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 10:24 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

INTERVIEW AUG 11th 9am....whoo hooo
Class!
Old Jul 19th 2011, 6:50 am
CR1 Visa

I got SIF!!!!
i can barely believe it - ive been logging in every day with no luck and I almost closed the browser window without noticing it had changed to SIF! Hope we dont have to wait too long for CC now. Ive realised in this process im not a very patient person...
Old Jul 19th 2011, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SimonJW
I got SIF!!!!
i can barely believe it - ive been logging in every day with no luck and I almost closed the browser window without noticing it had changed to SIF! Hope we dont have to wait too long for CC now. Ive realised in this process im not a very patient person...
after they got our check list letter the second time, took 3 working days to Complete
Old Jul 19th 2011, 1:37 pm
CR1 Visa

Just called the NVC and the AVR has been updated to say Case Completed as of July 18th!! woohoo!

For those interested in timing, the SIF came through sometime between 11pm last night and 8am this morning, and the AVR was updated to case complete sometime between 8am and 2pm today.

Is it worth speaking to someone at the NVC to find out about the interview date or will it come via email anyway just as soon as the operators would know?
Old Jul 19th 2011, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Just called the NVC and the AVR has been updated to say Case Completed as of July 18th!! woohoo!

For those interested in timing, the SIF came through sometime between 11pm last night and 8am this morning, and the AVR was updated to case complete sometime between 8am and 2pm today.

Is it worth speaking to someone at the NVC to find out about the interview date or will it come via email anyway just as soon as the operators would know?
congrats simon !!

I had interview date 2 days after CC,.... but i was in the elusive 'second week' of the month. ATM alot of people i know of have had CC 2 weeks ago and still have no interview date. Mine came via email, but some people found their interview date by calling NVC.

So maybe give it a few days then try calling, or if you are like some people, call everyday lol
Old Jul 19th 2011, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

congrats simon !!

I had interview date 2 days after CC,.... but i was in the elusive 'second week' of the month. ATM alot of people i know of have had CC 2 weeks ago and still have no interview date. Mine came via email, but some people found their interview date by calling NVC.

So maybe give it a few days then try calling, or if you are like some people, call everyday lol
Agree with Faye on this, give it a few days, they should then have some idea...At the moment I am guessing you will be 1st 2 weeks of Sept if you just miss out on Aug...

Congrats
Old Jul 19th 2011, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

No sooner had I posted this that I got an email to confirm the date and time of interview at the US embassy in London....which think i mentioned August 11th 9am.

Nearly 2 weeks to case complete to email or 7 business days!

Thats it now, no more OCDing on the emails and the waiting for "the email"

Old Jul 19th 2011, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

No sooner had I posted this that I got an email to confirm the date and time of interview at the US embassy in London....which think i mentioned August 11th 9am.

Nearly 2 weeks to case complete to email or 7 business days!

Thats it now, no more OCDing on the emails and the waiting for "the email"

now its just the boring wait till interview, or in your lucky case the fun countdown till your wife gets here heheh
Old Jul 19th 2011, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

now its just the boring wait till interview, or in your lucky case the fun countdown till your wife gets here heheh
True!
Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:33 pm
CR1 Visa

I just called the NVC and was told that I wont be getting an interview until September.

I wasn't really expecting them to have any information, but the operator clearly had a script to read in these circumstances. He basically said that they have filled all of the August interview slots in London now and that the NVC only schedules interviews in the 2nd week of the month (so the rumours were true!). He advised I shouldn't expect to hear anything until the third week of August. Pretty disappointed, especially considering our case was completed on the first day of the third week of this month - only a couple of days before and maybe we would have got an August date! I'm hoping that means we are at the head of any queue for September though and will get a date in the first few days of that month. I'm mainly frustrated by the fact that we have to wait another month from now though until we can even find out the interview date and start making plans.

Oh well, as with this whole process there is no point dwelling on things that cant be changed!
Old Jul 20th 2011, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh well, as with this whole process there is no point dwelling on things that cant be changed!
Assuming you can go at short notice??? you can help change things by sending them an email at the embassy in London and stipulate that you are ready in the event of a cancelation!!!, might not come to nothing, but unless you try, you never know!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

I just called the NVC and was told that I wont be getting an interview until September.

I wasn't really expecting them to have any information, but the operator clearly had a script to read in these circumstances. He basically said that they have filled all of the August interview slots in London now and that the NVC only schedules interviews in the 2nd week of the month (so the rumours were true!). He advised I shouldn't expect to hear anything until the third week of August. Pretty disappointed, especially considering our case was completed on the first day of the third week of this month - only a couple of days before and maybe we would have got an August date! I'm hoping that means we are at the head of any queue for September though and will get a date in the first few days of that month. I'm mainly frustrated by the fact that we have to wait another month from now though until we can even find out the interview date and start making plans.

sorry to hear this simon

There is always a chance you will get an august one though. Some people are given dates outside of the '2nd week', probably allocated the dates that other people change, so there wont be many, but still a chance.

Liek you said though, you'll probably be first in line for a sep interview

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.