Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Jun 30th 2011, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Originally Posted by meauxna
It should be a 24/7 touch-tone order... I never spoke to a human. Call whenever.
Transcripts. Order free transcripts and you don't have to send in W-2s etc.
well hubby tried to do it online, but he must of got his details wrong because it locked him out, and told him he has to call and speak to someone. I'll tell him to try call up tomorrow when he gets off work
Old Jun 30th 2011, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of a question , but more good news today,, not with NVC regretably, but my wife and I have been working hard on her credit scores to get her to where we can realistically own a house as she had been renting for the past 4-5 years and everytime she was ready to move on getting a pre-approve, they moved the goal posts.

We looked at a house w would dearly love to live in and has all the odds and bods for the potential business whilst there last week, had a good look round and quizzed the realtor...

Today the missus went to see the mortgage broker and found that the posts had moved so far again, that she was pr approved for well over what we had hoped for

Now I have said to her and keep reminding her that the embassy have the final say on yes/no to the visa and that if we have to put ernest money down, it must be a low amount and not the $1000 the realtor suggested.

As it is currently on short sale we may be waiting for a 2-3 months beforeany reply on the offer made if accepted

So we have discussed the 2 potential outcomes and decided to make an offer and told them it depends on the outcome of the cr-1 also on the acceptance.

Now the question; as the broker made clear that the pre approval would be based on my wifes accounts and wages I wouldnt be placed on the repayments towards the home as i have no income of my own at present or at least once there, but would have my name put on the mortgage deeds
; Would this help towards the comingling, I will of course be on utility bills, property tax bill, health ins, car insurance and will have joint accounts both savings and chequing is this enough?
Old Jun 30th 2011, 11:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Now I have said to her and keep reminding her that the embassy have the final say on yes/no to the visa and that if we have to put ernest money down, it must be a low amount and not the $1000 the realtor suggested.

As it is currently on short sale we may be waiting for a 2-3 months beforeany reply on the offer made if accepted

So we have discussed the 2 potential outcomes and decided to make an offer and told them it depends on the outcome of the cr-1 also on the acceptance.

Now the question; as the broker made clear that the pre approval would be based on my wifes accounts and wages I wouldnt be placed on the repayments towards the home as i have no income of my own at present or at least once there, but would have my name put on the mortgage deeds
; Would this help towards the comingling, I will of course be on utility bills, property tax bill, health ins, car insurance and will have joint accounts both savings and chequing is this enough?

My thoughts: While I appreciate that you don't know exactly 'when' on your visa, bear in mind that most applications are what we call in basketball 'a slam dunk'. Don't hamstring yourself because you're being technically superior & 'correct'. Proceed with caution, but be realistic.

$1000 earnest money is about the minimum to appear serious and is the standard (has been for probably 20 years, so is actually worth less today).

There are two issues: Being named in the mortgage loan and being named on the title (deed). You CAN be on the title without being named in the mortgage (I added my DH to the deed without refinancing and adding him to the mortgage, for example). Because this is unusual, make SURE the broker understands this and re-communicate it to the title company before closing. Otherwise it's an additional process to be done after.

Of course it all helps with "comingling" of finances/life. I basically gave my husband my life's nest egg by putting him on the deed to the house.

I hope none of you guys are forgetting about Removing Conditions (I-751) that you'll have to do in two years. You get to keep collecting all this joy. Do it from Day One and it will be much easier to file the form in the future.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

QUOTE=meauxna;9467934]

I hope none of you guys are forgetting about Removing Conditions (I-751) that you'll have to do in two years. You get to keep collecting all this joy. Do it from Day One and it will be much easier to file the form in the future.[/QUOTE]

Indeed we are trying to stay one step ahead all the time, its only natural to slope behind occasionally, but having a slight head start is always good!

TY
Old Jun 30th 2011, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

I hope none of you guys are forgetting about Removing Conditions (I-751) that you'll have to do in two years. You get to keep collecting all this joy. Do it from Day One and it will be much easier to file the form in the future.
hehe yeah ive started reading up on that, shall do it more so after this process is done with so i dont confuse myself :0)
Old Jul 1st 2011, 2:13 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishspouse
hehe yeah ive started reading up on that, shall do it more so after this process is done with so i dont confuse myself :0)
That sounds like a hands-up to write wiki for it while you're learning!
You can organize it and we can all help fill in the blanks.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, we knew it was going to happen another RFE, the first RFE was a false one as they were waiting for the DS-230 as the paperwork was missing or incomplete.

From the messege of "The NVC have gotten all the paperwork and you will be notified" back to "The NVC have reviewed your paperwork and found missing or incomplete information" this we knew was going to happen due to the missing date and and a typo....Still kicking ourselves as we may have wll heard "Case complete" today!!!!

However its not totally bad news, the moment we saw the errors I emailed the NVC with a new copy of the DS-230 4 page PDF and today we have had an email saying they have now recieved the info and are reviewing again, please allow 20 days for this.

So the lessons learned here is; even though you have both checked the paperwork, it is easy to make a mistake and NVC are looking at files and updating when they get them usually the day after , email replies are taking an average of 4 working days to be responded to.

Now we have to sit out a long weekend and a federal holiday to boot! This little error has cost us 2 weeks at least.

Happy and safe 4th to all celebrating this weekend!
Old Jul 1st 2011, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Need a Study Buddy?...lol
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 12:51 am

Need a Study Buddy?...lol
Oh look, another victi..er, volunteer for the wiki project!
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh look, another victi..er, volunteer for the wiki project!
Volunteer??? Ummm fill me cinabons and you have a deal...
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 1:36 am

Volunteer??? Ummm fill me cinabons and you have a deal...
Sounds good.. the virtual ones have no calories!
Old Jul 5th 2011, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

eeee 19 days to interview, its coming up quick!

Any of you guys had any Case completes yet? I shall keep my fingers crossed for some!
Old Jul 5th 2011, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

eeee 19 days to interview, its coming up quick!

Any of you guys had any Case completes yet? I shall keep my fingers crossed for some!
Second RFE, the first was a false RFE as you all had said it could be;
This RFE is for the one we expected and they allowed me to email my ds-230 and are reviewing now, we hope that thi time next week we have Case complete unless they find anything else they need to query, but think we are ready for that scenario should it arise!

19 days will go quick
, we are trying to stay one step ahead and pay particular attention to detail now as I pooed up on the ds-230.

Watching and waiting for your result BS!!! I have no doubt you will sail through!
Old Jul 5th 2011, 4:46 pm
CR1 Visa

SimonJW is an unknown quantity at this point

Second RFE, the first was a false RFE as you all had said it could be;
This RFE is for the one we expected and they allowed me to email my ds-230 and are reviewing now, we hope that thi time next week we have Case complete unless they find anything else they need to query, but think we are ready for that scenario should it arise!

19 days will go quick
, we are trying to stay one step ahead and pay particular attention to detail now as I pooed up on the ds-230.

Watching and waiting for your result BS!!! I have no doubt you will sail through!
No news here. Still just waiting...
Our new I-864 with joint sponsor info should be delivered to NVC today or tomorrow latest (i wish we could have emailed it in!) so then its just a matter of seeing how long they take to review it. I'm really hoping they get to it within a week so maybe by the end of next week we could have case complete. Im sure that's too optimistic though!

I have my medical this coming Monday so at least that will be something else to tick off the to-do list and feel like progress is being made.

19 days is so soon for you BS - you are steaming ahead of Wolfy and me now in this process!
Old Jul 5th 2011, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SimonJW
No news here. Still just waiting...
Our new I-864 with joint sponsor info should be delivered to NVC today or tomorrow latest (i wish we could have emailed it in!) so then its just a matter of seeing how long they take to review it. I'm really hoping they get to it within a week so maybe by the end of next week we could have case complete. Im sure that's too optimistic though!

I have my medical this coming Monday so at least that will be something else to tick off the to-do list and feel like progress is being made.

19 days is so soon for you BS - you are steaming ahead of Wolfy and me now in this process!
Well it would be nice to know of someone else there chomping on the bit other than me, who knows we may be in the same day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.